Senior Night - livestream on UConn wbb’s Twitter and Facebook pages | The Boneyard

Senior Night - livestream on UConn wbb’s Twitter and Facebook pages

Reaction Score
Where can I find the stream of the ceremony honoring Lou and Dorka?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Dorka was honored last year as well. They showed the Hungarian flag and played the Hungarian National Anthem. It is beautiful. I am sure they will do that again. I hope so.

Her parents were not there last season and the whole team walked her out. I hope her parents are there on Monday.

We will also likely see the French flag and hear La Marseillaise. That will be something.

Tears always flow freely on Senior Night but extra handkerchiefs will be needed on Monday night. Partly because of the love the fans and players have for Dorka and Lou. Partly as an outlet to release the stress and emotion that this season has visited on UConn Nation, especially on the players of course.

If a team ever deserved a night of celebration, it is this one.

Reaction Score
Am I imagining (hoping?) it or did I see somewhere that SNY was covering the ceremony even though they don't have this game??
You're not imagining it. A few here keep mentioning it, but I've never heard SNY say that, so I'm not sure where that got started. I'd assume it's not true, and to expect UConn's facebook, and maybe twitter and youtube as well, to be the only place to see it as in years past. As it gets closer I'm sure we'll have something more definitive.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Am I imagining (hoping?) it or did I see somewhere that SNY was covering the ceremony even though they don't have this game??
Yes, Allen Bestwick has stated during a couple recent games that SNY will broadcast the Senior Night festivities.
Not sure if any non SNY streaming will occur.

Reaction Score
Yes, Allen Bestwick has stated during a couple recent games that SNY will broadcast the Senior Night festivities.
Not sure if any non SNY streaming will occur.
I'd be shocked if CBS let a competitor's cameras anywhere near the building on Monday.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if CBS let a competitor's cameras anywhere near the building on Monday.
Oh, so Allen was lying to the thousands of SNY viewers? I'm shocked.
Maybe it is the SNY contract that they have the exclusive rights to Senior Night festivities. CBS probably only has exclusive rights to the game.
I also would imagine that UConn has control of their building.
But seeing how I am out of market and don't have access to SNY, I will not be able to verify if the festivities are indeed aired live.

Reaction Score
I don't remember the last time SNY carrying the senior festivities.

Reaction Score
Oh, so Allen was lying to the thousands of SNY viewers? I'm shocked.
Maybe it is the SNY contract that they have the exclusive rights to Senior Night festivities. CBS probably only has exclusive rights to the game.
I also would imagine that UConn has control of their building.
But seeing how I am out of market and don't have access to SNY, I will not be able to verify if the festivities are indeed aired live.
When you have the rights to a game, it includes everything from pre-game to post-game. UConn doesn't really get a say in the matter because the rights are negotiated by the conference. I'm willing to retract everything mean I've ever said about the CBS broadcasts if they relent on this one little thing and let someone else broadcast the pre-game ceremony if they have no interest in doing so themselves, but history is not on our side on this one. SNY's TV schedule shows blacked out from 6:30-10 on Monday night which usually means they are covering some pro sports event.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I'd be pleasantly surprised if SNY were to carry the senior night festivities live but I am doubting it. I suspect the "quoted" comment did not specify "live" but I did not hear it myself. I would however lean towards SNY recording a Senior night package that they broadcast at a later time (such as an end of season special they usually do).

Last year I believe I watched it streamed on the UConn facebook page. I suspect that will be the place to see it live again this year. I think CBSSN has in the past broadcast an edited (shortened) version at halftime.

Having speculated all of that...who knows?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
If I was really concerned about this, then I guess I could watch the Creighton replay to see if Allen did in fact make the statement. Hmm.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
SYN's Monday night lineup has no mention of showing any UCONN senior night activities. :(

Centerstream

Reaction Score
If I was really concerned about this, then I guess I could watch the Creighton replay to see if Allen did in fact make the statement. Hmm.
I watched the replay of the Creighton game and there was no mention of Senior Night. :(
I'm losing it...
My apologies for spreading misinformation.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Maybe it wasn't the Creighton game. I'm 99% sure I heard him say they'd be covering it at some point.
I concur but others have said that it is not listed in the SNY schedule, so who knows?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom