Senior Day Starters | The Boneyard

Senior Day Starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'd really like for KO to let Nolan and Calhoun start on Senior Day. I'm not saying play them the whole game, but even a 1:19 start-to-bench thing ( a la Boo Willingham on Senior Night of 95) would be nice to see. These are two guys who came in when we were at our lowest and stuck it out as team-first players for their entire UConn tenure. I think they deserve to have that moment.

Gibbs
Calhoun
Hamilton
Miller
Nolan

That's the starting lineup I hope we'll see. Again, I'm not saying Nolan/Calhoun should play all night, so spare me the angry replies about how they shouldn't see meaningful minutes.

Reaction Score
I can't recall a year when a senior did not start on senior day. Unless we had more than 5 seniors one year?

Reaction Score
If Purvis is indeed on track to graduate, he may be out there to receive his jersey pregame.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If Purvis is indeed on track to graduate, he may be out there to receive his jersey pregame.

If that occurs perhaps he could supplant DHam in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
i dont really know if with the current state of our resume starting anyone other than who gives us the best chance to win is prudent..

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Chuck started that day, thought Beverly did too, looks like I forgot that.

Sadly he only started once, in the exhibition game against Bridgeport in 2010.

Reaction Score
If Purvis is celebrated as a senior on senior day, it will further convince people that he is gone after this year.

Reaction Score
i dont really know if with the current state of our resume starting anyone other than who gives us the best chance to win is prudent..
we are playing UCF, playing the seniors a few mins to open the game will not prevent us from beating UCF

Reaction Score
Nolan and Omar have started at different times in their careers. With family coming in and their dedication to the program they should start and if winning, finish.

Both have their own stories to tell and both have had their hardships but neither pouted or quit. You wouldn't even know they are disappointed or sad. In fact both have been mostly bench players and are 2nd only to Brimah in the cheerleader dept. They are always encouraging their teammates and NEVER saying a bad thing about their playing status or lack thereof. As seniors they have a right to complain or even demand/request playing-time, but those two are great kids! Those two contributed in recognizable ways and are Champions.

I'm happy that the Yard has cut both a lot of slack in not highlighting their weaknesses but accepting and actually appreciating whatever they give.

I hope you students attending give them long standing ovations because both are a rare breed (personality wise).

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

That's kind of what I meant with the whole Boo Willingham thing. He started on senior night in 1995 and only played for 1 minute and 19 seconds. I believe it was his only start as a Husky. I still remember reading in the newspaper the next morning something along the lines of, "After 1 minute and 19 seconds, the sentimentality was out and Travis Knight was in."

Still, both guys are capable of more than that, but as I said, I'm not calling for 40 minutes.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If Purvis is celebrated as a senior on senior day, it will further convince people that he is gone after this year.
Well, can anyone remember any situation where someone was honored on senior day, then came back the next year?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I am sure Nolan and Calhoun will start, I would also start Amilo

Amilo was given an award before last Sunday's game for a 4.0 GPA. That's impressive !

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Let Nolan, Calhoun, and Amilo start. Pull Amilo at the first dead ball, keep playing the other two if it's working.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I can't recall a year when a senior did not start on senior day. Unless we had more than 5 seniors one year?
There was the year (& I'm sorry, I can't remember what year it actually was) that JC refused to start Ruslan Inyatkin. I only remember coz it really pissed me off!

Reaction Score
Game is too important to sacrifice. It's about the team, not the seniors. If we were playing a pushover like Boston College or a like team like CCSU then yes, but not SMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom