Senior Day Game Sold Out! | The Boneyard

Senior Day Game Sold Out!

Reaction Score
?As it should be for the Seniors

Very old, very tired argument and I apologize for mentioning it again but why don't we play all of out home games at Gampel? I know, I know I've heard the arguments all before about why we play at the XL Center but playing within walking distance of the student body beats them all for me.

In years past the HCC was often close to being sold out for most games (in 2008 I promised my HS Senior daughter that we'd see "the girls" play on our way back from New Hampshire and we could only manage to find seats up at the timberline) but that's not the case anymore.

I'd rather see them in Gampel in front of their classmates and the rest of us than in the XL Center in front of six or eight thousand people spread out over three times as many seats.

It's not going to happen I know but I'm jealous of the on campus home court advantage that Duke, Notre Dame and so many others have for every home game while our girls travel to Hartford to play in a half (and less) filled arena for so many of our games. There's something far more exciting for me when I go to Gampel where the banners hang and I can see students walking from their dorms to watch their classmates play for the premier women's college basketball program in the country.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is great news! I've been to a few Senior Days, none of which was a sell-out. Geno was annoyed that Maya's final game wasn't sold out. She was one of a kind. She also dominated that game in a low-key way.

Reaction Score
No matter what happens the rest of the way, this season has guaranteed that these plucky seniors will be some of my all-time favorite huskies. Could one or two of them decide to stick around one more year?

Reaction Score
will I be able to view senior day later in the day that us Bleu go streamed ? Great grandson Christening at 1:30. If so thanks

Reaction Score
MJL243, Is this a game you will be able to record and post on you Tube?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Great news. Any way to add the ceremony streaming bit to the thread title? That's good info.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Very old, very tired argument and I apologize for mentioning it again but why don't we play all of out home games at Gampel? I know, I know I've heard the arguments all before about why we play at the XL Center but playing within walking distance of the student body beats them all for me.
There's been a lot of discussion on men's board and online regarding Gampel vs XL. The contract is up, and I'm hoping Benedict thinks out of the box for the next few years. Yes, Gampel is "hard" to get to, the XL gives fans an "easier" game, however UConn doesn't make any $$$ from concessions, parking, or the boxes at the XL. Both Geno and Hurley have talked about the difference of playing at each site. During the semester, the students have challenges getting to the XL, especially those with late afternoon/early evening classes. I would love to see most games at Gampel during the semesters, and then the remaining few games during breaks, certain weekends, and potentially a very few high profile games at XL I would love to see the student section expand, similar to Duke, however the fundraising racket will never allow that now.

Reaction Score
Does UConn provide free busses for the students to XL games - just wondering? I go to most XL games and the student section is sparse at most of them.

Reaction Score
There's been a lot of discussion on men's board and online regarding Gampel vs XL. The contract is up, and I'm hoping Benedict thinks out of the box for the next few years. Yes, Gampel is "hard" to get to, the XL gives fans an "easier" game, however UConn doesn't make any $$$ from concessions, parking, or the boxes at the XL. Both Geno and Hurley have talked about the difference of playing at each site. During the semester, the students have challenges getting to the XL, especially those with late afternoon/early evening classes. I would love to see most games at Gampel during the semesters, and then the remaining few games during breaks, certain weekends, and potentially a very few high profile games at XL I would love to see the student section expand, similar to Duke, however the fundraising racket will never allow that now.
What about other arenas in CT? Would it be practical or even possible to play games during semester breaks at Bridgeport or Mohegan?

Reaction Score
What about other arenas in CT? Would it be practical or even possible to play games during semester breaks at Bridgeport or Mohegan?
I think Geno has said he'd like to take one of the games from XL each season and play in Bridgeport. I think playing the games during break at other arenas around the state is a great idea and then have the rest at Gampel for easy access for students.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom