Senior Day: A first for UConn | The Boneyard

Senior Day: A first for UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saturday will be Senior Day, with the departing players being recognized. It has become the time for unveiling the names and numbers of the senior All-American players on the Gampel Wall of Honor. What's unique about this year? THE ENTIRE SENIOR CLASS OF PLAYERS ARE ALL-AMERICANS!! Kudos and thanks to Bria and Stef!

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Well assuming they make the all-conference team, I guess they'll get a double-double as All American All-Americans.
If they retain their US citizenship and join the 82nd Airborne Division, they’d be all American All-American All-American All-Americans (serving all Americans).

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Getting to see two names unveiled on the wall is special. Cannot wait for that. I think Bria gets a second WBCA AA bid this season, so it will be no fluke.

Of course, 2002 Senior Day/Night featured two players (Sue, Swin) whose names ended up on the wall in 2006. Tamika and Asjha both got AA consideration as well- just not one of the first team designations.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We'll have KML (at least) next year. Is she really leaving?

In 2 years, we'll have Stewie for sure and probably Moriah. If she can get a redshirt and get healthy, Morgan certainly has the game to make it. Could be a 3-fer if things go well.

Reaction Score
We'll have KML (at least) next year. Is she really leaving?

In 2 years, we'll have Stewie for sure and probably Moriah. If she can get a redshirt and get healthy, Morgan certainly has the game to make it. Could be a 3-fer if things go well.
It would be neat to see a 3-fer, but Morgan's senior night will be a year after Stewie and Mo.

Reaction Score
If they retain their US citizenship and join the 82nd Airborne Division, they’d be all American All-American All-American All-Americans (serving all Americans).

Cool answer. I was going to say that last I checked they all were Americans. In fact I'm "all" american. Well maybe my wife thinks I'm an alien......

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
... Well maybe my wife thinks I'm an alien.
-That's "Undocumented Terrestrials," if you don't mind...
Marvin Newspaper.jpg

Reaction Score
Hopefully CBSSN is televising the ceremony
They likely will not. They have four basketball games scheduled from noon until 8 PM on Saturday. Perhaps if the men's Bucknell vs. American game ends early they would show part of it, but usually the schedule for these back to back to back to back games is so tight that I wouldn't be surprised if we miss the first couple of minutes of the game itself, never mind see any of the Senior Night program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom