Semi OT Kyle Allen (Texas A&M Transfer) is going to Houston | The Boneyard

Semi OT Kyle Allen (Texas A&M Transfer) is going to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This type of transfer/recruit is what we need to do on offense going fwd. It's now all a part of the process. On D we've done a couple of times with Stewart and now Levenberry for 2016.. Should be a part of our normal process going fwd... BOTH sides.. we seem to be way more lenient on the weak link for us. At least it seems like it.

Reaction Score
An offense that lights up scoreboards. Except @Rentschler Field.

Their best player on offense was injured (QB Ward). Not saying we would of lost, but next year Houston will be a force with all those 4 and 5 star recruits they're bringing in. Kyle Allen (Texas A&M transfer) was a 5star QB coming out of High School. Hopefully we can bring in some more 4 and 5 star transfers since getting them to commit here is difficult.

Reaction Score
Not to be negative but if Ward was healthy we probably would have lost (even with Shirreffs healthy). Our biggest problem on D is containing the scrambly Q and our 2nd biggest issue is we arm tackle too much. He probably would have exposed those weaknesses.

Reaction Score
Not to be negative but if Ward was healthy we probably would have lost (even with Shirreffs healthy). Our biggest problem on D is containing the scrambly Q and our 2nd biggest issue is we arm tackle too much. He probably would have exposed those weaknesses.

But if CC was still playing we might be scoring 30 points a game. You play the game with the people available.

Reaction Score
But if CC was still playing we might be scoring 30 points a game. You play the game with the people available.

Casey had 1 or 2 good games last year with a pass happy interim head coach. This team barely passes the ball, so I doubt CC would be lighting up the scoreboard with this offense. Plus, BS made plays with his feet a lot times something CC doesn't do. I believe there was a point in time where Houstons QB was being mentioned for the Heisman trophy. Big difference.

Reaction Score
Our other problem with D is they stay on the field too long because of our inept offense at the times we need the offense to pick up any slack the defense has had... but that's a broken record for awhile now.

Reaction Score
I hope Donovan Williams and Tyler Davis give Shireffs all he can handle come Spring ball and Fall camp... I really do.. Along with a really healthy does of competition at OL at the same time.

Reaction Score
Casey had 1 or 2 good games last year with a pass happy interim head coach. This team barely passes the ball, so I doubt CC would be lighting up the scoreboard with this offense. Plus, BS made plays with his feet a lot times something CC doesn't do. I believe there was a point in time where Houstons QB was being mentioned for the Heisman trophy. Big difference.

Edsall passed a TON when he had Orlovsky.

When he didn't, he didn't. Personnel matters.

Reaction Score
This type of transfer/recruit is what we need to do on offense going fwd. It's now all a part of the process. On D we've done a couple of times with Stewart and now Levenberry for 2016.. Should be a part of our normal process going fwd... BOTH sides.. we seem to be way more lenient on the weak link for us. At least it seems like it.
When the team can go 13-1 Uconn might actually be able to bring in this type of transfer. Where there stand now? No chance. Houston fits his skill set. Similar to T A&M. Uconn runs nothing like these two offenses. Nor are they in the same ballpark as far as program goes. Just because a hot prospect decided to transfer doesn't mean Uconn should be in on them. Who knows if Diaco and staff try. If they do, they haven't turned in Uconn's favor often thus far. At the end of the day, it is up to the student athlete to decide where they want to further their academic and athletic career. I'm sure the staff goes after plenty of potential transfers, but Uconn isn't exactly in a position to attract the most highly sought after prospects/transfers.

Reaction Score
Edsall passed a TON when he had Orlovsky.

When he didn't, he didn't. Personnel matters.
The mystery has always been how all these 3-4k yd passers end up in the MAC and were happy when our QB can hit a receiver in stride. I've never understood our futility recruiting the position.

Reaction Score
Guys..just remember there was a QB by the name of Garret Gilbert who cane to UT out ofLake Travis HS..the 2008 USA Today High School Offensive Player of the Year. Came in to relieve Colt McCoy after he was injured in the BCS National Championship game vs Alabama. That would be the highlight of his career...he soon after transferred to SMU. He had a good career but wasn't the second coming of Johnny Football. I can see the same ending with Kyle Allen.

Reaction Score
I think Allen is twice the player Gilbert was. He is going to be a great replacement for Ward in 2017. I have seen him play multiple times.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
The mystery has always been how all these 3-4k yd passers end up in the MAC and were happy when our QB can hit a receiver in stride. I've never understood our futility recruiting the position.

Agreed.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Agreed.

Definitely a mystery, but I'd guess that it's just due to the pool of recruits in MAC states (Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky) where it's much easier to get a legitimate college quarterback locally.

Reaction Score

I guess they should even attempt long shots like Barry Sanders Jr.

Reaction Score

Look on it that it wasn't TOTAL futility; just fallout from a matter of timing (Edsall)/ bad luck & injury (Casey)/suspect coaching decisions (PPGDL).

We had 2 pretty good recruits in recent vintage.
- Edsall, before leaving) recruited Nebrich..... who had passed for 5K yards (Senior year) in VA high school football and PPGDL sat him, whereupon Moorehead was no fool and brought Nebrich to Fordham where he passed for somewhere between 8 -10000 yards in an uptempo offense. We will never know how he could've faired here??
-Losing Casey to injury we will never know how really good he could've been as he matured with 3 more full seasons (including the season he was hurt...).

Feel very confident we are on the upswing......

Reaction Score
Guys..just remember there was a QB by the name of Garret Gilbert who cane to UT out ofLake Travis HS..the 2008 USA Today High School Offensive Player of the Year. Came in to relieve Colt McCoy after he was injured in the BCS National Championship game vs Alabama. That would be the highlight of his career...he soon after transferred to SMU. He had a good career but wasn't the second coming of Johnny Football. I can see the same ending with Kyle Allen.

Kyle Allen is in a better situation than Gilbert was... Houston's winning... SMU wasn't/isn't

Reaction Score
Here is a QB that would be a HUGE difference maker for those of you that would like to see a impact QB come in here:
http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2016/...g-taysom-hill-grad-transfer-michigan-virginia
If healthy, and he has his wheels back (which is what made him such a weapon at QB) he could be really dangerous at Stanford or Michigan. Doubt he follows Bronco to Virginia as I'd guess he wants to play for a team that can win next season....which is why Stanford and Michigan are most prominently mentioned in that article. Would hate it if we did have to face him again next year (which would mean he transferred to UVa or BC).

Reaction Score
Look on it that it wasn't TOTAL futility; just fallout from a matter of timing (Edsall)/ bad luck & injury (Casey)/suspect coaching decisions (PPGDL).

We had 2 pretty good recruits in recent vintage.
- Edsall, before leaving) recruited Nebrich..... who had passed for 5K yards (Senior year) in VA high school football and PPGDL sat him, whereupon Moorehead was no fool and brought Nebrich to Fordham where he passed for somewhere between 8 -10000 yards in an uptempo offense. We will never know how he could've faired here??
-Losing Casey to injury we will never know how really good he could've been as he matured with 3 more full seasons (including the season he was hurt...).

Feel very confident we are on the upswing.
So ideally 2 since Orlovsky left? I'll even throw Endres in there. Shirrefs is probably the best overall since DO.

Reaction Score
So ideally 2 since Orlovsky left? I'll even throw Endres in there. Shirrefs is probably the best overall since DO.

I'd throw in Lorenzen from that "era". He was a JUCO All American transfer in and was solid till he broke his foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom