Sellout Saturday | The Boneyard

Sellout Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it a sellout Saturday? Would be nice to have big crowds for Memphis and Cincy.

Reaction Score
Sounds like there will be another coastal storm firing up on Saturday so I doubt it will be completely full but should be the biggest crowd of the year.

Reaction Score
Sounds like there will be another coastal storm firing up on Saturday so I doubt it will be completely full but should be the biggest crowd of the year.
Only supposed to be an inch or two in the morning.

Reaction Score
12pm games suck though because too many people are in the bars until 12 rather the game on time…….not knocking anyone because I have done that on occasion also!

Reaction Score
12pm games suck though because too many people are in the bars until 12 rather the game on time…….not knocking anyone because I have done that on occasion also!

Some people (long time season ticket holders) do that during 7PM weeknight games also. ;)

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
"I hate the XL Center so, so much."

I would think UConn would prefer to play the vast majority of games at Gampel...hold maybe 1 marquee OOC game and 2 big conference games at XL for the money and market exposure.

Just an outsiders view.

Reaction Score

I would think UConn would prefer to play the vast majority of games at Gampel...hold maybe 1 marquee OOC game and 2 big conference games at XL for the money and market exposure.

Just an outsiders view.

This year we played UCF at Gampel on a Saturday night when the students were away and we play USF in Hartford on a weeknight when the students are in Storrs. Makes no sense. Playing Memphis and Cinci in Hartford does make sense. Early on in the Big East we used to play Saturday night games and it would be smart to get this going in the AAC. I would think it's better for the restaurants etc and creates more of a buzz (no pun intended). There are more kids sports to contend with for families as well during the day on Saturday.

Reaction Score

Just an outsiders view.

The XL is losing luster because of the crappy OOC games there recently, and the lack of conference marquee games there, but don't jump to conclusions based on recent history. The XL can be more rockin' and loud than Gampel. It has been in the past. Gampel is simply now more consistent because of the students, but the UConn fanbase is pretty raucous for big games. Unfortunately, those are few and far between now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The XL is losing luster because of the crappy OOC games there recently, and the lack of conference marquee games there, but don't jump to conclusions based on recent history. The XL can be more rockin' and loud than Gampel. It has been in the past. Gampel is simply now more consistent because of the students, but the UConn fanbase is pretty raucous for big games. Unfortunately, those are few and far between now.
The XL Center is losing luster because of its own inherent crappiness. Marquee game have some to do with the lack of sell outs but the cost paid for what you receive in return is a larger factor. I'm not talking about the product on the floor. I'm talking about needing to use binoculars when your seats are more than 1/3 way up the 200s. I'd rather watch games in HD with "free" concessions and support the school by purchasing merchandise at the Co-op or something.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I just saw 3.55 inches on Accuweather. After what I just posted, I am actually going to the game on Saturday. After the 10 inches we just got and the 1-3 we will get overnight, 4 inches is a dusting.:cool:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Gampel is like a welterweight. It will hit you over and over, and it will hurt every time. XL is the heavy weight. It doesn't connect often, but when it does; KO.

Reaction Score

UConn played #1 Louisville and #6 Syracuse at the XL last season, so it isn't like there haven't been good games there, and neither game was as loud as the Georgetown game at Gampel later in the year or either of the two big games there this year. There's a reason Gameday likes to have their games on campus, it's a better atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Damnit who forgot the question mark on the title of this thread?

For the last time anything you put on the title of a thread I will read it and assume it is true.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I don't think snow will affect turnout tomorrow. This has been one of the games a lot of people had circled on the calendar this season. Now if we were playing Tulsa...

Reaction Score
this xl center fails to ever buzz..
You must not go to many games at the XL. Although I also prefer games at Gample, especially on the weekend, the whole notion that the XL can't hold an exciting game is ridiculous. It's all about the quality of the opponent. Both XL and Gample can be dead, and both can be rocking. Syracuse last year failed to buzz? Pitt and Nova in 2009? Or West Virginia in 2010? Georgetown in 2011? If it's a marquee match up, the game will be exciting, regardless where it is played.

Reaction Score
This is Connecticut. If a dusting of snow is going to deter people from going to the game, then I don't know what to say.

Expect to get trashed for your comment. I was at the UMass game hours before the roof collapse. Real fans find a way instead of whining that ch 30 said to stay off the roads

Husky25

Reaction Score
Expect to get trashed for your comment. I was at the UMass game hours before the roof collapse. Real fans find a way instead of whining that ch 30 said to stay off the roads
Fandom is like money. People who have money don't talk about it, they're confident enough to not have to measure themselves against the wallet of others. Real fan don't have to measure their fandom and label others to prop up their own fan status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom