Sell-out at Maryland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sell-out at Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
And if Brenda could hype EVERY game, the schools would sell more tickets. That's her strength.
She's also a strong woman with twins, one of whom was very ill as I recall. Her true strength transcends WBB...again, IIRC.

But yes, I'm pulling hard for Geno tonight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stubhub has tickets starting at $55 and topping out at $200.

Impressive for WBB. I suspect that they will drop a bit by game time.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The circus comes to town!

This is good for everyone!

I agree. Maryland has done a masterful job of marketing this game and should be applauded. And it will certainly make for an electric atmosphere. I wish more programs could bring this type of enthusiasm.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Ursus and I will be in the Minority, but we'll be there--and loud.
Will be interested to hear your take on the experience.

When RU played at Maryland (and got creamed) maybe 2009 or so, we had beaten them the year before at our place in the Jimmy V (it was while Brenda was pregnant with her special chair and the game where Kay Yow announced the Kay Yow fund). In any case, we had comps behind the bench at Md. Pregame there were a number of fans seated around the press areas (they moved come game time) that took rudeness to new heights. Signs and comments about "revenge" and nasty remarks to our players about how "they would get theirs" in this game and "pay for beating us". Just bad sportsmanship, their was nothing untoward about the Jimmy V game or anything surrounding it - no anybody "gates", injuries, dangerous fouls, etc. to account for it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Will be interested to hear your take on the experience.

When RU played at Maryland (and got creamed) maybe 2009 or so, we had beaten them the year before at our place in the Jimmy V (it was while Brenda was pregnant with her special chair and the game where Kay Yow announced the Kay Yow fund). In any case, we had comps behind the bench at Md. Pregame there were a number of fans seated around the press areas (they moved come game time) that took rudeness to new heights. Signs and comments about "revenge" and nasty remarks to our players about how "they would get theirs" in this game and "pay for beating us". Just bad sportsmanship, their was nothing untoward about the Jimmy V game or anything surrounding it - no anybody "gates", injuries, dangerous fouls, etc. to account for it.
Maryland men's fans can be VERY rough. I saw UDel. with EDD play at Maryland about 4-5 years ago and don't recall any major sportsmanship issues. But the Terps won that game in a squeaker.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly the students don't fill the stands for a women's game as they do for a men's game. At Gampel the fan base is 50 + years old (and they do travel) and then sprinkle in your cyo and youth leagues checking out a game. Being there is no school this week you might see a lot of youth groups attending the game. The stands weren't filled at the garden last year but there was a good amount of people there to watch.

Reaction Score
Maryland fan base for the women is mostly 50+ years old. The students generally have disinterest for the women team but are crazy for the men team. But the students did turn out for the game three years ago against UConn.

Reaction Score
I've seen rude behavior from UMD students at volleyball games, of all things. Not so much about how many students show up as it is which students show up, I think.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Watched the Louisville vs Maryland game and if that lane is as open as it was for Louisville I sure hope we use it.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly the students don't fill the stands for a women's game as they do for a men's game. At Gampel the fan base is 50 + years old (and they do travel) and then sprinkle in your cyo and youth leagues checking out a game. Being there is no school this week you might see a lot of youth groups attending the game. The stands weren't filled at the garden last year but there was a good amount of people there to watch.

personally I like WBB because thanks to cheap tickets ... then compared to say mbb or cfb, there are a far greater percentage of star struck junior athletes who dream to be one of those women playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom