Sell-out at Maryland | The Boneyard

Sell-out at Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Frese Fest" on the give-away T shirts? Maybe "Freeze Fest" would be better? Few teams lock-up more often in crunch time than Brenda's charges.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought, with the students on break, that the crowd would be 6-10,000. My bad!

Reaction Score
"Frese Fest" on the give-away T shirts? Maybe "Freeze Fest" would be better? Few teams lock-up more often in crunch time than Brenda's charges.
I am skeptical about the sellout claim. When UCONN played there a couple of years ago, the announced crowd was 15,000+. The place was less than half full.

Reaction Score
I am skeptical about the sellout claim. When UCONN played there a couple of years ago, the announced crowd was 15,000+. The place was less than half full.
I was there and it was more than half full. But I agree that the 15,000 was a tad off. Probably more like 11,000.

Reaction Score
Seems there's a lot of Terps' fans that want to relish in a little history if their team can pull off the minor upset and end UConn's winning streak. I don't blame them.

Had to laugh at the stat comparison, though, that comes out highly favorable for MD (ahead in five of seven categories). Amazing what scheduling a bunch of creme puffs pre-conference will do for your state line! :cool:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Creampuff games will continue for Maryland as they enter conference play. The Big Ten is a much over-estimated "brand name." I am currently watching Illinois and Iowa play "basketball" of a sort. They are both just gawd awful. There isn't a player on either team that would get a scholarship to UConn, or even ND. Bad shooting, turnovers, insane decision-making, can't dribble, can't defend...

Maryland will go through these posers like a chainsaw. And like their OOC games, it will prove nothing.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I am having one heck of time trying to scout them. I know UConn uses the last 6 games but I'm not sure 4 of them are all that useful. They have played 2 ranked teams and 1 was over a month ago. What a challenge. I'm gonna watch what I can of theirs on WatchESPN.

Reaction Score
Maybe, as I have seen at UConn the "sellout" and actual attendance are different. For whatever reasons, some season ticket holders (and some others) don't show up!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Seems there's a lot of Terps' fans that want to relish in a little history if their team can pull off the minor upset and end UConn's winning streak. I don't blame them.

Had to laugh at the stat comparison, though, that comes out highly favorable for MD (ahead in five of seven categories). Amazing what scheduling a bunch of creme puffs pre-conference will do for your state line! :cool:

That's why I don't throw Baylor stats around because they don't mean much if you got your stats in 100 point blowouts.

Reaction Score

I too found the stat comparison laughable. I'm willing to bet that Connecticut will score more than what Maryland gives up (36 pts/game) by the 2nd quarter, won't lose to Mayland by 55 pts or give up 91 pts in this game.

Reaction Score
Give MD credit if it is a sellout on Thursday........Typically, home teams playing UCONN with Big crowds fall short and fall behind early and UCONN takes the big crowd away.........I, think, UCONN will win by 15+ in the end........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Creampuff games will continue for Maryland as they enter conference play. The Big Ten is a much over-estimated "brand name." I am currently watching Illinois and Iowa play "basketball" of a sort. They are both just gawd awful. There isn't a player on either team that would get a scholarship to UConn, or even ND. Bad shooting, turnovers, insane decision-making, can't dribble, can't defend...

Maryland will go through these posers like a chainsaw. And like their OOC games, it will prove nothing.
The Big 10 is the weakest of the major conferences in WCBB, probably by a wide margin.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I went on the website for tickets a week or two ago, and all reserved seats were sold out.

And, relevant to Monte's remark, tickets for UConn were twice as much as for any other game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Exactly. Good attendance like this proves once again that UConn is good for the sport.
And if Brenda could hype EVERY game, the schools would sell more tickets. That's her strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom