Selection Show Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Selection Show Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
they haven't used s-seeding for quite some time for the top 4.
Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
St. John's declined the NIT — or rather, asked the NIT not to pick them.

The NIT said it did not have to be said.

Reaction Score
Big East got screwed on bids and UConn got the toughest bracket but Marquette as a 2 seed with 9 losses and a hurt Kolek is fortunate and Creighton with 9 losses as a 3 seed is fortunate.
The BE would have gotten 4, but bid thieves. None of these schools helped themselves OOC.

Marquette dropped games to Purdue and Wisconsin
Creighton dropped games to Colorado State and UNLV
St. John's lost to Michigan, Dayton, and Boston College
Seton Hall lost to Rutgers, USC, Iowa and Baylor
Villanova lost to Penn, Saint Joe's, Kansas State and Drexel

Those were the 2-6 seeds in the conference. Marquette's losses are fine. The rest are pretty horrific. You flip: Wisconsin, UNLV, Michigan, Boston College, Rutgers, USC, Penn, Saint Joe's, Drexel—all games the respective teams should have won—and the Big East has 6 teams.

This is on the teams that didn't get in. They had chances. I do think St. John's should be in over a school like Michigan State, but this isn't the great injustice the board is making it seem. Bad OOC and 5 bid thieves.

Reaction Score
WTH is the committee head talking about that they placed the teams in UConn's bracket who were closest to Brooklyn in terms of mileage.

Good god man, find a map.

Iowa St. is not closer than Tennessee
Illinois is not closer than Kentucky
Auburn is not closer than Duke

Find a damn map

They can just lie. When there is no accountability you can say anything.

Reaction Score
Wow, we are 31-3 (31-1 with a fully healthy team). We are supposed to beat everyone in that bracket!

IDGAF who they put in the bracket. We are head and shoulders better than any team in the East.

I’m willing to bet there are 48 teams thrilled they aren’t in the East as well as 15 teams that are heartbroken. The top 2, 3 and 4 seeds are going WTF right now!

Will make back to back even sweeter! As Hurley said “so this is a group that seems to be making history in a place that it's hard to make history.”

Road to 6 begins!

Reaction Score
The BE would have gotten 4, but bid thieves. None of these schools helped themselves OOC.

Marquette dropped games to Purdue and Wisconsin
Creighton dropped games to Colorado State and UNLV
St. John's lost to Michigan, Dayton, and Boston College
Seton Hall lost to Rutgers, USC, Iowa and Baylor
Villanova lost to Penn, Saint Joe's, Kansas State and Drexel

Those were the 2-6 seeds in the conference. Marquette's losses are fine. The rest are pretty horrific. You flip: Wisconsin, UNLV, Michigan, Boston College, Rutgers, USC, Penn, Saint Joe's, Drexel—all games the respective teams should have won—and the Big East has 6 teams.

This is on the teams that didn't get in. They had chances. I do think St. John's should be in over a school like Michigan State, but this isn't the great injustice the board is making it seem. Bad OOC and 5 bid thieves.
The issue is teams like MSU and FAU

Reaction Score
The issue is teams like MSU and FAU
FAU has some bad losses, but they also have a better OOC win than any BE team except UConn in Arizona.

Michigan State? The Baylor win is doing them a favor still. Better than any of the bubble teams.

I'd have dropped Virginia over either of those teams. I just think they screwed themselves with bad losses, and DePaul/Georgetown being as bad as they were also hurt all the bubble teams (but clearly not the Top 3).

Reaction Score
This really sticks in my craw. SJU lost to UConn 3 times and they were all close games. Even the 77-64 game, SJU had a lead in the 2nd half. UConn is the #1 ranked team in the country. That has to count for something. None of the other major conferences play a true round robin and yet SJU played UConn 3 times. So our bubble teams get penalized for having a true round robin when UConn happens to be the best team in the country. Same with PC and Nova, 2 losses each. SHU actually beat UConn! This entire 3 bid result is a joke.

Reaction Score
This has probably already been posted but I haven't gotten through all 21 pages of this thread yet.

Reaction Score
ESPN Bracketlogy show just said UConn has by far the hardest path of all the 1 seeds. How does that happen?

Oh well, to be the best you have to beat the best. Bring it on.

Reaction Score
This has probably already been posted but I haven't gotten through all 21 pages of this thread yet.

Confirmed. NC State is the lowest ranked power conference team in the field because UNC and dook suck.

Reaction Score
And they're basically lying about it in their interviews with a bunch of canned responses. None of which pass the smell test.
Yes, some BS about taking distances from tournament sites into consideration.... Like the ever stopped them from putting UConn in the West before?

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
On the brightside, we wont have to go through Purdue and Houston. I think having to play both those team would be far worse than Iowa State and Auburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom