Selection Show Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Selection Show Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kentucky scares me more than auburn or Illinois. Yeah they are wildly inconsistent, but if they are playing well they can beat anyone and travel well.
Kentucky doesn't defend. Aubutn gets into you defensively. Kentucky only scares me if Shepherd is in god mode.

Reaction Score
Those guys will be back. That said. Auburn should be a 3. Dickenson outplayed Eddy when he was at Michigan, so they set that one up a bit.

Seriously? My point stands. Kansas is in no way, shape or form a #4 seed this year. They have been playing poorly for a month. And that has been with Dickinson in the lineup. You want to debate it? Fine. But you are not being objective to argue for them being a 4-seed this year.

Kansas finished tied for fifth in the Big12 with BYU, who beat them AT PHOG ALLEN 2 weeks ago and they got a 6-seed.

Come on... you have no argument to make. Be thankful that the committee over-seeded you by 1 to two seeds.

Reaction Score
Bracket screams low-effort. Negligent. All the amateur bracketologists out there put way more thought and effort into this.
Extremely low-effort. Like I said, the bracket was set by Friday. The last 48 hours only affected bid-stealers and bubble victims, though they clearly were already giving priority to MSU and Virginia.

They didn't want to have to consider anything among the top 16 teams, even though ISU, Auburn, and we cemented our case, and Houston and Purdue embarrassed themselves.

Reaction Score
Hopefully J Wright has the cajones to ask Charles McClelland how Uconn as the #1 overall seed received the toughest bracket...

Reaction Score
Kentucky doesn't defend. Aubutn gets into you defensively. Kentucky only scares me if Shepherd is in god mode.
But Kentucky can score and a hot offensive team in the tourney scares me. Kentucky won handily at Auburn.

Reaction Score
They hate us.
We have the toughest 1-5 seeds easily with teams playing well coming down the stretch. And why not give us Duke as a number 4? Are they better than Auburn? I will say FAU is not the same team as last year. Good not great.
Shafted St. John's and gave Izzo an 8 seed where they could have been out, and ultimately should have swapped spots with Grand Canyon for a more difficult opponent if they were in.
The only silver lining for the Big East is Creighton and, Marquette have a path forward.
But the West is weak and Carolina, (barely a number one) along with Purdue practically gets 2 freebies the first weekend.

That's how they roll. Ridiculous but expected.

Reaction Score
The 4th place BE team didn’t make the tournament. Thats BAD.

The 5th and 6th place teams weren’t even in the discussion.

They don’t view the BE as a power league

Honestly the past day couldn’t have broke worse. We all knew the bubble was full of BE teams and then we get 4 bids stolen. It is extremely odd for the KP 2 conference to get 3 bids but I think a lot is bad luck. If DePaul and Georgetown are normal bad instead of NEC bad does that change anything? The only decisions that really irk me are UVA and MSU.

Reaction Score
I also feel like the way the bid-thieves were handled was intentionally done in a way to minimize the outrage. Big-name programs weren't affected (favorable treatment for Virginia and MSU). The Mountain West was screwed, but they're nobodies. The Big East was screwed, but they're nobodies.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
poverty. church. league. bums.

told you for months that the mwc was getting double the bids.

justice was served.
Judge Joe Brown GIF
Mountain West was also royally screwed by the committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom