Seema Lou Is Good With The Small Ball | The Boneyard

Seema Lou Is Good With The Small Ball

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

The 3 pixs tweet won't import for whatever reason. Maybe someone more literate in the internet arts ....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not so underrated that he was not able to win consecutive MVP's.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not so underrated that he was not able to win consecutive MVP's.
Really? Quick. Who was the greatest SS of all time? What is your criteria for that conclusion?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
And what is best about it is that the Cubbies won. She won't be blamed by the crowd that she might have jinxed the team. Just hope she never throws the first pitch when they play the Dodgers.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Prolly Wagner.

One criteria would be playing shortstop. ;)
I'm pretty sure Ernie played the posittion for at least 8 years before moving to first, hitting 40 homers in 4 or 5 (?) of those seasons while averaging about .330 or so. No one has come close to those numbers. Yet most would mention Wagner or another 2 or 3 before him.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I don`t know who this Prolly Wagner person is, but I vote for Honus Wagner.

130.8 career WAR, 21 seasons, career average of .328, 14 seasons in a row hitting .320 or greater, 723 stolen bases including 19 seasons in a row with 20 or more (the "Flying Dutchman"), and member of the inaugural five man Hall of Fame class in 1936.

Love this picture taken at Cooperstown on June 12, 1939, of many HOF members.

Front row: Eddie Collins, Babe Ruth, Connie Mack, Cy Young

Back row: Honus Wagner, Grover Cleveland Alexander, Tris Speaker, Napoleon Lajoie, George Sisler, Walter Johnson

Wagner had huge hands, this picture seems to confirm this. Also seems to have had some trouble tying a tie, but that`s ok.

HOF.jpg

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess she can switch from Larry Bird to Larry Bowa (or MJ) .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The big question is DID she get it over the plate for a strike, plus does anyone have the full shot of the pitch from start to finish?:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Oh you mean Seema Lou don't you! ;) It is incredible how quickly threads drift!
Hey!! Rocky has big fingers, typed an "a" instead of an "s", and don't you know HE never checks before he posts a new thread:rolleyes:, he just asks the mods to correct his mistakes!:eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Ernie played the posittion for at least 8 years before moving to first, hitting 40 homers in 4 or 5 (?) of those seasons while averaging about .330 or so. No one has come close to those numbers. Yet most would mention Wagner or another 2 or 3 before him.
Yea, but he played more games at 1st than at SS. And Banks highest batting average for a year ever was .313.

By comparison Rodriguez had 8 years over 40 homers and his highest BA was .358.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hey!! Rocky has big fingers, typed an "a" instead of an "s", and don't you know HE never checks before he posts a new thread:rolleyes:, he just asks the mods to correct his mistakes!:eek:
And they did not? I know he fat fingered, but you just gotta poke a little fun at our Rocky boy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I highly resemble that remark!

JordyG

Reaction Score
Yea, but he played more games at 1st than at SS. And Banks highest batting average for a year ever was .313.

Yep. You are correct. Once again I apologize for being so off target for a lifetime .274 hitter. It seems my memory and the facts are in constant dispute. But his 512 Hr's aren't too shabby. As for Alex, well, I think his stats deserve an asterisk after them since Ernie did his homers on hot dogs and a cheery attitude.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The big question is DID she get it over the plate for a strike, plus does anyone have the full shot of the pitch from start to finish?:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Does not give you the plate view, but sorta looks okay. And she liked it.

Reaction Score

Arod played half his career at 3rd and wasn't the fielder Wagner was although Wagner wasn't quite the fielder most people think either. Ripken was clearly superior in the field to both of them. BTW, let's hope KLS gets a fair chance to show how much better a player she is than most people think. She's the only player in WCB history to be selected WBCA AA 3 times and start 3 national semi final games undefeated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe I saw a comment on her Instagram post from someone to the effect of "bet you bounced it"... to which Lou Replied that they would be WRONG. Her reaction in the video makes it look like it must have gotten to or close to the plate and she was "happy"...vice "embarrassed" by a bounce.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Beautiful day. Let's play two! From the most underrated infielder of all time. RIP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom