Seeding in NCAAT | The Boneyard

Seeding in NCAAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think now we are definitely in the tournament. The focus is obviously on the BET right now, I am just wondering where people expect this team to be seeded for the NCAAT. Last year we were probably a 6/7 and ended up a 3.

I'd say we were a 10/11 going in and probably a 9 right now. Beat Cuse, move up a spot and maybe peak at 6 if they were to win the BET.

Reaction Score
I think now we are definitely in the tournament. The focus is obviously on the BET right now, I am just wondering where people expect this team to be seeded for the NCAAT. Last year we were probably a 6/7 and ended up a 3.

I'd say we were a 10/11 going in and probably a 9 right now. Beat Cuse, move up a spot and maybe peak at 6 if they were to win the BET.

Forgive me for correcting this.

Reaction Score
I'd much rather be a 7 or 10 than a 8 or 9, that's for sure. There's a bunch of potential 2 seeds I think we could play with, but the 1 seeds (except possibly for Kansas, assuming the other 3 are 'Cuse, UNC and UK) are a lot better.

Unfortunately I think right now we're in the 8/9 territory. I'd love to see a win tomorrow, which would definitely elevate us to at least a 7, but with the 3rd game in 3 days it will be tough.

I don't think we have a "5 wins in 5 days" in us again, but if that happened I suspect we'd be a 5 seed. It would take a whole lot of additional quality wins to get there.

Reaction Score
I think before today we were around an 11 seed, something like 7-8 teams away from the cut line.

After today, we are firmly in as a 10 seed. I think a win tomorrow would put us in the 8-9 range, winning on Friday means probably a 7, and if we win the whole thing, 5 or 6.

The current 9 seeds for Lunardi are Purdue, Virginia, Cincy, and Southern Miss, and I don't we've overtaken any of those teams yet.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Looking at the host sites, likely have to.play a true road game in round 3 (rd of 32) against Duke in Greensboro, Missouri in Saint louis or.Kentucky in louisville. Most favorable match up I think would be OSU.

The potential first round games at this point don't look easy though.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
all i gotta say is if im a 1 seed and i had uconn as the 8/9 in my region, I would be extremely upset.

Reaction Score
all i gotta say is if im a 1 seed and i had uconn as the 8/9 in my region, I would be extremely upset.
No doubt at all. We are the most dangerous non-top 20 team in the country, and everybody knows it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Personally I could care less where they seed us. I'd kind of like to be a 15 in the region Duke is seeded as a 2. Once round two begins we'll be no worse off than if we were a 2 seed to begin with.

Reaction Score
With today's win, we are a 10 seed.

A win tomorrow pushes us all the way up to a 7 seed. The NCAA tournament committee is going to look out for the interests of the 1 seeds. That means not "screwing" a 1-seed with a potential 2nd-round matchup against a resurgent UConn team that just knocked off one of the top two teams in the country.

We'd probably need to win the whole damn tournament again to move up to a 6 seed.

Reaction Score
Didn't Lunardi have us as a 10 seed before today's game? I'd suspect we're, at minimum, a 9 seed right now.

Reaction Score
I agree that if the season ended today for us we might just be a 9 seed. But we can't "cash in" our current seed without losing tomorrow, and I'd have to think that pushes us back to 10-seed territory. And I'd actually much rather be a 10 seed than a 9 seed.

Reaction Score
I agree that if the season ended today for us we might just be a 9 seed. But we can't "cash in" our current seed without losing tomorrow, and I'd have to think that pushes us back to 10-seed territory. And I'd actually much rather be a 10 seed than a 9 seed.
A loss tomorrow would do absolutely nothing to hurt our seeding. A win on the other hand will help a lot.

We're playing Syracuse, it's not like the committee would be like "Oh, they couldn't even beat the #2 team in the country so F them."

House money at this point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A loss tomorrow would do absolutely nothing to hurt our seeding. A win on the other hand will help a lot.

We're playing Syracuse, it's not like the committee would be like "Oh, they couldn't even beat the #2 team in the country so F them."

House money at this point.

True. But with three bites at the apple, we need another close one. Not a blowout. Cuse is not just #2, they and UK are on their own at the top with one loss. Yet we should have won @ home.

Lunardi says 10. Jerry Palm has us at 11 before yesterday, and WVU 10. He will probably flip that.

Reaction Score

True. But I still don't want to be an 8/9 opposite UNC playing in Greensboro (where Jerry Palm has us right now), or an 8/9 opposite UK in Louisville. Both of those would be brutal draws.

Reaction Score
I agree about 8/9. Either get up to 7 or fall back to 10. Although, even as a 7/10 you probably have a "road game" on the weekend. 10, if you ask me, is better than 8. Hell...11's better than 8 if you ask me.

Then again...that's what you get for being seeded 7-10. You don't get the benefit of the draw. You haven't earned it.

Reaction Score
True. But I still don't want to be an 8/9 opposite UNC playing in Greensboro (where Jerry Palm has us right now), or an 8/9 opposite UK in Louisville. Both of those would be brutal draws.

Brutal for UK and UNC that is...

Obviously I'd rather avoid being an 8 or 9 seed... but I wouldn't mind having a crack at one of those 2 either. They sure as don't want to play us in the 2nd round.... Kind of like our chances against this UNC team, even in G-borough...

Committee will want a UNC-UK final... so they won't make either of them play us in the 2nd round... and they won't pair us with Cuse due to same conference... so if we're an 8/9 we'd get the "4th" number 1 seed potentially... Want no part of Missouri... or Tom Izzo... as for the rest of the possibilities, OSU, Duke, etc each has it's pluses and minuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom