Sedona Prince 6'7" 2018 Post Player to Texas | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince 6'7" 2018 Post Player to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tweet saying she chose Texas over UConn. Karen Aston Texas HC retweeted info so I presume its accurate. Haven't seen any other source to verify.

Not sure how hard Geno was recruiting her.

Reaction Score
Tweet saying she chose Texas over UConn. Karen Aston Texas HC retweeted info so I presume its accurate. Haven't seen any other source to verify.

Well, time will tell, but, Karen's Longhorns continue to load up and improve. Do you think Kim may be looking over her shoulder?:eek:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There was no comparison in watching her and Nelson-Ododa at the U17 championships.

Reaction Score
I think Prince will be a very good collegiate post player and would have fit well into UConn's system............that said, I would hope that it will increase the chances that one of the other Texas posts will head up north in 2017/2018. ................not sure how much it adds to MW's possible decision to head to Austin

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Well, time will tell, but, Karen's Longhorns continue to load up and improve. Do you think Kim may be looking over her shoulder?:eek:
Not so fast... That really depends on the thickness of the shoulder pads that she has in the jacket she is wearing at any given time... so there is no way for me to accurately answer that without standing right next to her. If they are too think she may strain her neck trying to look and we wouldn't want that.

Reaction Score
Perfect timing to say she chose Texas over Uconn. Maybe Karen thinks Uconn is her biggest threat in the Megatron sweepstakes. Look Megan another top player picked us over Uconn and you can too.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think she ever committed to Texas before. I think that you are thinking about Collier?

I guess I should have read the attachment first as it clearly states that she had given a verbal to Texas.

Man, Texas is going to be GOOOOOOD! They are headed for a NC at this rate...2018 may be their year.

Reaction Score
I guess I should have read the attachment first as it clearly states that she had given a verbal to Texas.

Man, Texas is going to be GOOOOOOD! They are headed for a NC at this rate...2018 may be their year.

You guys already have like 4-5 player 6'3" or taller, could you imagine Holmes, Prince and Collier on the same team? UConn better put on the full court press for Nelson Oddoda

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The battle of the bigs between Texas and Baylor are going to be massive. Texas with Holmes and Prince and Baylor with Cox, Brown and Mompremier. Baylor needs to land Collier if we want to keep up after Brown and Mompremier graduate.

Reaction Score
No surprise there she was never going to leave Texas, the fact she committed 2 years before she even graduates probably means she knew she wasn't going to leave the state of Texas and get the recruiting process over. And when coaches load up on big time talent makes for unhappy playing time which we all know where that leads to.... But don't think her commitment is a sway to get Megan to join the Longhorns. It's all speculation. But like I said I have always thought it was Notre Dame. But I'm going with Notre Dame in the lead and Texas not to far behind. I'm sorry as much as I love my huskies I just don't see her coming!! The thing about uconn being so dominant in the sport sometimes isn't always a good thing. I see a lot of top recruits want to go elsewhere and take a program to where uconn is. I think uconn is going to lose more top talent for now on... Kids are sick of uconn winning... That's why the past few years we are losing out on most of the top players. I think uconn is going to still attract the best of the best because it's uconn but as getting them to commit sadly uconn is going to take a hit....

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You guys already have like 4-5 player 6'3" or taller, could you imagine Holmes, Prince and Collier on the same team? UConn better put on the full court press for Nelson Oddoda

There was a time when I would have said that two top post players would not commit to the same school but after the Brown and Mompremier commits to Baylor I can no longer say that. If Collier commits to Texas I may have to become a Longhorns fan.

Reaction Score
There was a time when I would have said that two top post players would not commit to the same school but after the Brown and Mompremier commits to Baylor I can no longer say that. If Collier commits to Texas I may have to become a Longhorns fan.

It's kind of like Kentucky on the men's side..........I can see 2 or 3 great players wanting to play on the same team but they have been getting 8-10 of the top 30 players every two seasons............I guess playing time has taken a back seat to getting to the NBA faster....................the same simply doesn't apply to the women so I really wonder what having 3 dominant post players on the same team is about from a recruit's perspective............

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

As per Aston's retweet, I thought coaches were not allowed to comment until a player signs the LOI.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
As per Aston's retweet, I thought coaches were not allowed to comment until a player signs the LOI.

The NCAA recently slightly altered that rule for social media.. coaches can't talk to media or tweet about that recruit until they sign but they can retweet that recruit or retweet other tweets about that recruit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know that Sedona is a top-10 prospect and Geno was interested in her, but from the videos I've seen, she looks like a real project. I should note, though, that Kara Wolters was a project who became NPOY. At 6'7", Sedona certainly has potential.

Geno is still looking at Charli Collier, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, and NaLyssa Smith from the 2018 group. I think we need to get at least one of them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I know that Sedona is a top-10 prospect and Geno was interested in her, but from the videos I've seen, she looks like a real project. I should note, though, that Kara Wolters was a project who became NPOY. At 6'7", Sedona certainly has potential.

Geno is still looking at Charli Collier, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, and NaLyssa Smith from the 2018 group. I think we need to get at least one of them.

I would say that a 6'7" player who has any potential at all would become a nightmare to deal with under the guidance of Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom