SEC Pre Season Picks Players & Team | The Boneyard

SEC Pre Season Picks Players & Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This year's team is Tiff Mitchell, A'ja Wilson, Alaina Coates, Victoria Vivians and Diamond DeShields.

SC was picked to win the conference with Tennessee a close second.

Miss. State was picked third.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I would have Kentucky ranked to finish 3rd or no lower then 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Kentucky's Mikayla Epps made the team as well.. there was a tie somewhere.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I am left wondering... "I care because?"
This is information about teams that get written about extensively here on the Boneyard. The SEC features 2 teams that are clearly top 10 and possibly top 5. As UConn cannot scrimmage against itself in NCAA games, the Huskies are forced to acknowledge the existence of other teams. For most UConn fans, information about opposing teams (including upcoming opponents) is considered germane and appropriate posting material. I am sorry that you do not fall into that category, but for the sake of other posters, I hope you can tolerate it. You post seems reminiscent of the complaints of WCBB-hating ESPN fans who post comments questioning why ESPN contains stories about women's sports in general and the WNBA/NCAA Women's basketball in particular.

Reaction Score
Although I'm a faithful UConn supporter, I enjoy posts from fans of other teams and wish more teams fans were represented here. Knowing about others adds another level of interest in watching games against these opponents. Yes, we can glean information by visiting Cocky Talk, Devil's Den, Volnation, etc. But at least here, we can comment without fear of being banned or told to go peddle our handbags.

The Moderator diligence is what makes the participation of other teams fans viable. A thick skin is still a requirement to participate, but I admire those who face the overwhelming odds and continue to challenge and enlighten through discussion of their favorite teams.

I must admit, discussion of the superb skills of other players makes me apprehensive about the upcoming season. But that's a good thing. I'd rather not go into the season feeling cocky, with a devil may care attitude, thinking the luck of the Irish will never prevail, that we might have to seriously Duke it out with someone, or that Holly might end up jolly.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Interested see how Mercedes does this year.

Reactions: HGN

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I must admit, discussion of the superb skills of other players makes me apprehensive about the upcoming season. But that's a good thing. I'd rather not go into the season feeling cocky, with a devil may care attitude, thinking the luck of the Irish will never prevail, that we might have to seriously Duke it out with someone, or that Holly might end up jolly.

I love The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Impressive.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Let's hope she doesn't have the agony of da feet, just the other kind.
From everything I seen or heard she is having to pain. I just hope we can see her play to her ability. What I think can be very good.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
a better view into other teams

No. A fan's view of his or her team. It is rare that anyone brings real stats and analysis of their teams and favorite players here. It does happen, but the best are the Dookies and Orangutan. Most of the rest of it is puffery IMO. But it keeps the chat going and that is a good thing. You are a few clicks away from in depth analysis of other teams if you want to do it yourself and are that curious.

Reaction Score
Several posters on this site. have speculated on the health of Tennessee's 2015-16 team. Here is a current report on previously injured plays who were sidelined last year for various reasons: Center Mercedes Russell, is playing pain free one year after having genetic defects in both feet surgically corrected. She seems to be much faster and more mobile in running the court. Hopefully, she will finally be able to reach her potential, whatever level that may be. Forward Jasmine Jones, who was also red=shirted last year due to a history of serious concussions, is full go and is looking great in practice. Bashaara Graves' shoulder injury is healed and she has been fully cleared for practice and contact. Diamond DeShields' "wear and tear" injuries are corrected and healed. but her participation in drills and practices is being monitored as part of the protocol for managing her patella tendonitis. She is healthy and expected to be "full go" by the beginning of the season. So at this time Tennessee fans won't be able to blame the "injury bug" for any lack-luster performances by any of the Lady Vols

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Several posters on this site. have speculated on the health of Tennessee's 2015-16 team. Here is a current report on previously injured plays who were sidelined last year for various reasons: Center Mercedes Russell, is playing pain free one year after having genetic defects in both feet surgically corrected. She seems to be much faster and more mobile in running the court. Hopefully, she will finally be able to reach her potential, whatever level that may be. Forward Jasmine Jones, who was also red=shirted last year due to a history of serious concussions, is full go and is looking great in practice. Bashaara Graves' shoulder injury is healed and she has been fully cleared for practice and contact. Diamond DeShields' "wear and tear" injuries are corrected and healed. but her participation in drills and practices is being monitored as part of the protocol for managing her patella tendonitis. She is healthy and expected to be "full go" by the beginning of the season. So at this time Tennessee fans won't be able to blame the "injury bug" for any lack-luster performances by any of the Lady Vols

And the source(s) of this gusher of stuff is(are)? And in particular " but her participation in drills and practices is being monitored as part of the protocol for managing her patella tendonitis" still means she is not scrimmaging or participating in practice without restrictions or something else?? Here we like to have official player evaluations posted.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Oh, Kib? Step in here please.
Let's look as a freshman. Russell shot 59.6 field goal percentage. That went up to 77.8 in post season.
40 blocked shots.
Fourth on team in rebounds.
This was playing in pain and limited.
Now as Holly said she can focus on her game and not her feet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Let's look as a freshman. Russell shot 59.6 field goal percentage. That went up to 77.8 in post season.
40 blocked shots.
Fourth on team in rebounds.
This was playing in pain and limited.
Now as Holly said she can focus on her game and not her feet.

You misunderstood my post. Asking Kib to do his grammar thing on you and hoping he didn't; cuz as he knows I hate the whole grammar thing. Russell could have a special year and after all she has had to endure I hope she does.

Now the whole second coming of You Know Who for DD ... the none-practicing DD, whole 'nuther story; but not your burden or ours.

Reaction Score
No. A fan's view of his or her team. It is rare that anyone brings real stats and analysis of their teams and favorite players here. It does happen, but the best are the Dookies and Orangutan. Most of the rest of it is puffery IMO. But it keeps the chat going and that is a good thing. You are a few clicks away from in depth analysis of other teams if you want to do it yourself and are that curious.
What happened to sakibomb? Always appreciated his well-informed reports and views on Stanford.

Reaction Score
And the source(s) of this gusher of stuff is(are)? And in particular " but her participation in drills and practices is being monitored as part of the protocol for managing her patella tendonitis" still means she is not scrimmaging or participating in practice without restrictions or something else?? Here we like to have official player evaluations posted.

The Summitt which, as a pay site, does not allow articles regarding practice reports and interviews of coaches to be quoted on other forums. Diamond is practicing in all drills with the exception of some contact drills. Alexis Hornbuckle was another player who had the same precautions in practice.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Summitt which, as a pay site, does not allow articles regarding practice reports and interviews of coaches to be quoted on other forums. Diamond is practicing in all drills with the exception of some contact drills. Alexis Hornbuckle was another player who had the same precautions in practice.

Alas, tennparker3, if it isn't public it's like a deepthroat source. As reliable as you want it to be. You old enough to remember deepthroat, and I'm not talking the movie.

JS

Reaction Score
What happened to sakibomb? Always appreciated his well-informed reports and views on Stanford.
I like Saki too. Handle refers to the long-range shooting of Lindsey Yamasaki (Stanford '02). He's around and reading (I'll take the liberty of outing him on that score), just not posting.

A much more frequent Stanford poster was cardfan. She was here through the 2014 playoffs, then disappeared for the 2014-2015 season. Don't know what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom