Seattle Wins Breanna Stewart | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seattle Wins Breanna Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I seem to remember Rebecca Lobo speculating, before the final game, about Loyd leaving. Perhaps someone can remember the exact timing.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember Rebecca Lobo speculating, before the final game, about Loyd leaving. Perhaps someone can remember the exact timing.
I do remember that - she was speculating on ESPN during th FF or late stages of the tournament, but I can't find it.

Here is a tweet from Rebecca, copied in a post on ND Nation on Feb 15, explaining the recently-changed WNBA eligibility policy and that Zahui B and Loyd were now eligible. Followed on the board by, "Thanks [to the poster] for posting anything potentially negative about the ND WBB program" sentiments, as well as speculation that Loyd would leave. Maybe Rebecca actually put the thought in Jewell's head :eek:

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=28957;d=all

I think Tuck will leave after this year BTW, but that's not based on anything other than, "That's what I'd do if I were her." I hope she stays, but it would be wise for the coaches not to count on it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a little nit pick but once JL decided and contacted or signed with an agent raising the issue of MM's side of the story was peraps tainted because she "has a particular...." at that point she HAD no more interest, JL's eligibility was gone as far as I understand the rules. I could go back and reread everything I posted on this issue but I do not recall saying she did anything "wrong". I went back to watch the title game and in fact at the 1:10 mark the announce crew expressed the thought that only Cable was leaving ND and the rest would be back specifically including the AA Loyd. along with a strong class of freshman, And at no time did I least ever suggest she needed to defend her decision. The only question that any one is really looking for an answer to IMO is whether or not she suggested she was coming back, or did she outright tell MM she was leaving. Her reasons for the decision she made are not as far as I am concerned important to this issue.

Is that you admitting we don't actually know the nature of any conversations before the decision? So we don't know that Jewell told muffet "specifically" that she was coming back? It is now a question people are looking into rather than an established fact as you tried to pass it off as?
I've devoted more effort to this than I wanted to, and I hope you don't take this personally because your post is the just the latest along these lines and I don't mean to pick on you specifically. I get frustrated by the many people who have run with the telling of Muffet's side as if Jewell was lying to her and Muffet is some kind of victim. Muffet is a millionaire on the back of unpaid labor. There are plenty of ways, even if Muffet's account is true, to fill in the blanks with neither side being at fault. I hope people start to realize that we really don't have the details in this situation.

Yes when she signed with an agent she lost her eligibility, but she did have several days after declaring to withdraw from the draft. Do you have a link that demonstrates when Jewell signed with her agent? I don't think it changes Muffets interest at all in the immediate aftermath of the decision.

Anyway I'm going to try to steer this back to the original topic, and I'm happy Seattle got the 1st pick. It will be cool to see her team back up with KML.

Reaction Score
Is that you admitting we don't actually know the nature of any conversations before the decision? So we don't know that Jewell told muffet "specifically" that she was coming back? It is now a question people are looking into rather than an established fact as you tried to pass it off as?
I've devoted more effort to this than I wanted to, and I hope you don't take this personally because your post is the just the latest along these lines and I don't mean to pick on you specifically. I get frustrated by the many people who have run with the telling of Muffet's side as if Jewell was lying to her and Muffet is some kind of victim. Muffet is a millionaire on the back of unpaid labor. There are plenty of ways, even if Muffet's account is true, to fill in the blanks with neither side being at fault. I hope people start to realize that we really don't have the details in this situation.

Yes when she signed with an agent she lost her eligibility, but she did have several days after declaring to withdraw from the draft. Do you have a link that demonstrates when Jewell signed with her agent? I don't think it changes Muffets interest at all in the immediate aftermath of the decision.

Anyway I'm going to try to steer this back to the original topic, and I'm happy Seattle got the 1st pick. It will be cool to see her team back up with KML.
I don't think I ever said I knew the content of the actual conversation between MM & JL. And just so we are clear I am not a fan of MM after her snub of Stewart I think getting the P O Y award. To the point of what JL did in deciding to leave early I said I have no problem with that. I also have I thought made it very clear that the reason there has only been one side of the story out there is that JL has chosen not to address it. She certainly has the right of silence if she chooses. And with that, I will speak no more to the issue.

Reaction Score
I've devoted more effort to this than I wanted to, and I hope you don't take this personally because your post is the just the latest along these lines and I don't mean to pick on you specifically. I get frustrated by the many people who have run with the telling of Muffet's side as if Jewell was lying to her and Muffet is some kind of victim.
"She told us she was coming back - probably, maybe “three or four weeks ago”

See :35 of video
http://www.wsbt.com/sports/muffet-mcgraw-loyd-made-bad-decision-to-go-pro/32369432

"She told us she was coming back" leaves no room for interpretation IMO

Reaction Score
"She told us she was coming back - probably, maybe “three or four weeks ago”

See :35 of video
http://www.wsbt.com/sports/muffet-mcgraw-loyd-made-bad-decision-to-go-pro/32369432

"She told us she was coming back" leaves no room for interpretation IMO

Exactly my point a known liar giving one side. It really doesn't provide any reliable information about what Jewell actually said. I guess some take an obviously emotional person with motivated self interest and a history of lying at their word and I am skeptical of her claim. In the article MM is also quoted as saying she thinks Jewell made the decision a couple of weeks before she declared.
IMO in terms of Jewell it really doesn't matter what she did or didn't say, or when she decided to go pro, waiting until the end of the season is an appropriate time to discuss future plans with the coach, and the tight deadline to declare is not her fault. Some coaches would thank a player for not being a distraction during the season. On the other hand losing Jewell, makes it less likely that Muffet will get her final four bonus next year so there is cause for her to be upset. I just think she would be smarter if she had acted more like it was a good thing that Jewell was declaring, instead of trying to portray Jewell as a liar, or backstabber, or disloyal player, even if MM wasn't intentionally doing that, it came off that way to me.

I thought this thread was about Stewart and Seattle :rolleyes:
Sorry:( I take it you are excited to see Stewart go to Seattle also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom