Season Tix Count for Next Season Question | The Boneyard

Season Tix Count for Next Season Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So there were so few good game choices on TV last night that I decided to watch a little of the ND-BC game and stopped because I was going to throw up from hating those two teams so much. I mean seriously, I couldn't even find a team to hope wins....it was pathetic. Anyways.....

One of the announcers, can't remember which one, commented on how season tickets for BC rise every other year because those are the years ND comes to Chestnut Hill. He went on to say that ND fans buy up the season tix that year. I'm curious if we're going to see something similar next season with Michigan coming to the Rent. The reason this makes me worry is if we finish 4-8 this season (very likely) and Warde keeps PP and GDL, are we going to still see an uptick in season tickets which will really be like a false hope because Michigan fans will buy them? I don't want PP or GDL back next season and continually decreasing season ticket sales should be the biggest sign that the fans are fed up with it. However, if Warde keeps PP and season ticket sales increase will Warde be dumb enough to believe there is renewed interest as opposed to Michigan fans buying season tix for the one game and then dumping the rest on StubHub?

It'll be an interesting find as after next season, the 2014 schedule is crap. I believe we still have ZERO OOC games, the BE schedule will continue to stink, unless Boise comes to the Rent that season, and no matter the coach, we'll be losing so much talent/veteran players next season that having a winning season will be a challenge no matter WHO the coach is. So the possibility is that we could have three consecutive losing seasons heading into 2014....tough roads ahead.....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Next season will be quite interesting attendance wise. Between Michigan alumni in the area who will view buying a package as relatively good value for the one game they actually want to attend and scalpers who believe they can make enough profit from that one game to the remainder of the season will be gravy, we could easily have our highest season ticket sales ever yet have five or six games with 10k-12k no shows.

Reaction Score
I am getting a season ticket next year, God willing. I am hooked.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why a UM alum would buy season tickets just to get a ducat for one game. It has to be cheaper on stub hub.

Reaction Score
Michigan tix will be pricey but $300 seems pretty high to me. Will be interesting to see how UConn season ticket holders will respond if GDL returns as OC. If we win 1 of last 2 my bet is P is back but WM will force change at OC. Think P is out if we go 0-2.
If GDL comes back I'm dropping (w/note to AD & a donation in the amount I would have had to make for the tickets Im dropping) and will take my chances on the open market for games I want to go to.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
um alums are not going to buy season tix for this game. there will be very few who do so and those are ct ppl who will also go to a couple other games for fun to make the $ work and sell a few. its a nd thing in boston. that fanbase is famous for it. they also can sell tix easier as vt/fsu/clem types come to town vs what uconn will have schedule wise next year.

the only bmp will come from scalper ppl looking at the michigan game. not michigan alums.

a new coach going into the spring next year=25-30k season tix
P going into spring next year 20-25k season tix

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This happens all the time. The other strategy is to for home fans/students to sell the big game ticket to pay for the rest of the season.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Remember - season tickets will first be offered to existing ticket holders, then to donors and finally to the public so by the time all is said and done 25-30K will be purchased by UConn fans (including students). 3,500 are reserved for visitors and schools usually save a few tickets for groups and individual game purchase. Doubt there will be more than 3-4,000 season tickets left for the general public.

Reaction Score
This has been discussed previously. A fair assesment as to what is to be expected can be referenced by what Wake Forrest experienced a few seasons ago when ND came to town. The only way the ND faithful were going to b able to get tix was to buy a season tix package. Needless to say they had a huge run in terms of tix sales but were completely disappointed when the ACC rival teams showed up only to find out that the tix were sold out and only 2/3rds of the seats were occupied. The ND faithful bought the season tix packages to go to the game and dumped the rest of the tix. I can only expect the Mich faithful to do the same.

Reaction Score
This happens all the time. The other strategy is to for home fans/students to sell the big game ticket to pay for the rest of the season.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Or the next two seasons......

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'm back only cuz I want to say .......... Remember when?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is a surprising number of Clemson fans in Connecticut and the Northeast. I know a half dozen Clemson grads - and just driving around the two non-local schools you see the most stuff on cars are Penn State and Clemson.

Reaction Score
Ha?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1352525532-873825-jpg.1695

As to the above, Clemson fans are awesome.

Well played...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
...One of the announcers, can't remember which one, commented on how season tickets for BC rise every other year because those are the years ND comes to Chestnut Hill. He went on to say that ND fans buy up the season tix that year. I'm curious if we're going to see something similar next season with Michigan coming to the Rent.

I thought I heard on an WEEI advertisement that the ND game is not included in the season ticket package for BC. I could certainly be wrong. Perhaps it was for partial plans.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update, Claver.

Reaction Score
Incorrect

The only way to get ND tickets is a season package or a 3 game plan

Season ticket holders were offered the ability to buy additional tickets to the ND game up to the number of season tickets they buy.

Reaction Score
I read this same story line in reference to ND alumni buying Vanderbilt or Wake Forest season ticket packages whenever ND is scheduled to play in their stadiums. I guess it is cheaper way to see ND and then give the remaining tickets away. I will be getting my usual 2 tickets unless they move the game to a larger venue. Screw it, they have to play at the RENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom