Season Ticket Question | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Question

Reaction Score
Good morning,

I hold season tickets for the XL Center, if I want to add Gampel, would I do that when it opens today, or is that part of the add on process in April?

Thank you.

Reaction Score
Good morning,

I hold season tickets for the XL Center, if I want to add Gampel, would I do that when it opens today, or is that part of the add on process in April?

Thank you.
I would call the ticket office to confirm but I think you can add later during upgrade/add on process. Current season ticket holders should get preference over new season ticket holders.

My contact in Ticket Office is Shelby @ 860-486-8189. She was very helpful when I had questions about my football tickets.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Definitely call, last year the upgrade/add was just for the venue where you currently were a season ticket holder.

Reaction Score
The rules change yearly, it seems. I would call today to make sure.
I just received an email from the Athletic Dept last night. They are changing the renewal process this year but have not provided details. Defintiely call.

The email started with "Thank You for Your Support." I smell another price increase coming.

Reaction Score
Shelby was very helpful, she said that while you can add the other venue during the upgrade process, she recommends doing it today due to the demand and lack of available seating.

Reaction Score
Gampel sold out of season tickets this season. I’ve been curious if they were going to increase the allotment. This season we had 8,174 for Gampel and 10,812 for XL (including students).

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
As we enter the madness of March, we’d like to thank you for an incredible home regular season in the Basketball Capital of the World. Season ticket holders, like you, were instrumental to our success on the court this season.

UConn Nation propelled us to significant attendance milestones and provided our teams with the best home court advantage in the country. On the women’s side, we had eight sell-outs and the highest average attendance since the 2005-06 season. On the men’s side, we reached the highest average attendance since the 2005-06 season, while amassing 13 sell-outs.

Tomorrow, you may notice that new season tickets will become available to the general public for the 2024-25 season. Don’t worry, your seats are secured. There is no action you need to take at this time. You will receive your renewal notice via email in the middle of April. Upon renewing your season tickets, you will have the option to opt-into our seat upgrade & add-on process.

Please note, this year we will be launching a new online process for renewals. It is our hope that this will make it easier and simpler for loyal Husky fans to renew their seats. In the coming weeks, we will send a step-by-step guide on renewing your season tickets.

The feedback from UConn Nation is incredibly important to us as we look to continue to improve the gameday experience for our fans. Please take a moment to complete our fan survey by clicking the button below. By completing the survey, you will be entered for a chance to win a basketball autographed by Geno Auriemma and Dan Hurley.

Thank you for your continued support of UConn Athletics. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Glad I went on, there are very few seats left.
How did you know there were only a few seats left? My understanding is that the new applications default to a small deposit for the cheapest seats. then, you can upgrade during the upgrade/relocation process. I didn't think new season ticket holders could see available seats until after existing season ticket holders went through the relocation/upgrade process.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The email started with "Thank You for Your Support." I smell another price increase coming.
It’s not as bad as you think. Donation stayed the same, slight uptick in seat prices.

Reaction Score
It’s not as bad as you think. Donation stayed the same, slight uptick in seat prices.
Many season ticket holders will be paying a higher seat donation. They announced a significant increase in 2021, phasing it in for 2022 - 2024. For lower bowl sideline seats, the seat donation went from $800 is 2021 to $1400 in 2024, going up $200/year x 3 years. So, many season ticket holders that had seats from 2021 or prior will be seeing a pre-announced donation increase. I think increase for the nosebleeds were minimal.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Many season ticket holders will be paying a higher seat donation. They announced a significant increase in 2021, phasing it in for 2022 - 2024. For lower bowl sideline seats, the seat donation went from $800 is 2021 to $1400 in 2024, going up $200/year x 3 years. So, many season ticket holders that had seats from 2021 or prior will be seeing a pre-announced donation increase. I think increase for the nosebleeds were minimal.
I was told no increase to seat donations.

Reaction Score
Called to add 2 more at xl. Was told they are not doing husky value anymore. If you had husky value those are grandfathered in. I hope that's the case when my renewal comes in.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Did all season ticket holders get this email?

Reaction Score
I was told no increase to seat donations.
Technically, no there isn't an increase. However, depending on where your seats are, and how long you've had them, you might see an increase compared to last year. My lower bowl Gampel seats has a $800 seat donation in 2021. They announced an increase to $1400 but existing season ticket holders would see it phased in over 3 years. New season ticket holders (2022 or later) got whacked for the full $1400 immediately.

Reaction Score
I am a season ticket holder for XL, and I am planning on adding Gampel next season. I read this thread and went on the UConn tickets website and placed a $50 deposit for Gampel season tickets. Am I all set, or should I still call on Monday?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom