Sean Miller + Xavier | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller + Xavier

Reaction Score
I hope Miller II is better for them than Edsall II was for them. To be fair, Sean has a much better track record (in the athletics arena)

I want to see Georgetown and St John's become good again. We would all benefit immensely, from recruiting to exposure to dollars
A bit easier to turn it around college basketball then college football. He has a better track and is in a better position then Edsall was coming in too.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Definitely something dirty about Miller. Surprised X would walk down that tainted road. But he can recruit and coach. Might have answered my own hesitation. X now owns his dirt...
Something?

Reaction Score
Well if Alex Cora can get his job back after being a repeat cheater, then Sean Miller can, winning is the bottom line.
Big difference here. Cora got caught, suspended for a year, admitted his guilt, has been very open in talking about, said it caused embarrassment to his family and apologized for his actions. What has Miller said? And Cora was not investigated by the FBI. Millers hiring has now made Xavier the program in the Big East I dislike the most.

Reaction Score
Big difference here. Cora got caught, suspended for a year, admitted his guilt, has been very open in talking about, said it caused embarrassment to his family and apologized for his actions. What has Miller said? And Cora was not investigated by the FBI. Millers hiring has now made Xavier the program in the Big East I dislike the most.
You dislike us because you know Miller >>>>> Hurley

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Too many fans here have become accustomed to the recent decade of UConn bball where a program only gets one impact player every 3-4 years for a singular run before fading away back to the middle-of-the-road of their conference.

Elite programs don't have down years, they just keep plowing through. Too many apologists here to allow that criticism to be held against UConn tbh.

What programs are elite by your measure?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Let's look from 2011 onward at the pretty much indisputable 4 blue blood programs in America.

UNC: Title x1, final four x2, elite eight x4
Kentucky: Title x1, final four x4, elite eight x6
Duke: title x1, final four x1, elite 8 x4
Kansas: final four x1, elite 8 x5

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pretty much the 4 you name in the very next post after this one.

So, I didn't ask to be a wise ass or to pull those numbers as a "got ya!" either. I didn't know them before I asked.

I'm as guilty of this as anyone but I think a lot fans here view everything in a very UConn centric lense, primarily shaped by the Calhoun years.

I just think realistically we're not that far behind the "blue bloods" and compared the other programs top 15 or so programs I think we compare pretty favorably even with the Ollie downfall.

It's reasonable to be pissed about the NM State, I was, but laying a first round egg in the scheme of things really isn't that uncommon, even for the blue bloods.

Reaction Score
I hope Miller II is better for them than Edsall II was for them. To be fair, Sean has a much better track record (in the athletics arena)

I want to see Georgetown and St John's become good again. We would all benefit immensely, from recruiting to exposure to dollars

Willie wouldn’t we all benefit more if WE became good again? I’m rooting for us to be good again screw Miller, Hoyas and Johnnies lol

Reaction Score
Elite programs don't have down years, they just keep plowing through.

Well Duke and Kentucky missed the tournament last year. Are they elite? Guess not.

Jim Calhoun & UConn missed the tournament in 2010 & 2007 (omg twice in four years what a bum)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Well Duke and Kentucky missed the tournament last year. Are they elite? Guess not.

Jim Calhoun & UConn missed the tournament in 2010 & 2007 (omg twice in four years what a bum)
I remember Calhoun being pissed in 2007 cuz some idiot fault campus sports writer suggested we were becoming a football school lol.

Also just heard the stat that Billy Donovan had 5 straight first round exits prior to that first of back to back chips.

Bottom line, college bball success is 99% about getting players. When you have the right ones you’re great. When you don’t you’re not.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Willie wouldn’t we all benefit more if WE became good again? I’m rooting for us to be good again screw Miller, Hoyas and Johnnies lol
Top 25 is good

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Mhmm you found the golden flaw. No one in the sport is “elite” and I’m an idiot. Nice work internet detective.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So, I didn't ask to be a wise ass or to pull those numbers as a "got ya!" either. I didn't know them before I asked.

I'm as guilty of this as anyone but I think a lot fans here view everything in a very UConn centric lense, primarily shaped by the Calhoun years.

I just think realistically we're not that far behind the "blue bloods" and compared the other programs top 15 or so programs I think we compare pretty favorably even with the Ollie downfall.

It's reasonable to be pissed about the NM State, I was, but laying a first round egg in the scheme of things really isn't that uncommon, even for the blue bloods.
It is when it happens multiple tourney appearances in a row, after not even making multiple and barely being relevant nationally for almost half a decade to begin with before the single “goose egg”. It’s not about looking at us in the scope of a single season but a whole 5 or 10 year stretch, we are not even close to those named programs currently, not even in the same stratosphere in a 10 year window for example, but in a 30 year window we look like the one of the best, that’s where our fans get tricked.

Reaction Score
I remember Calhoun being pissed in 2007 cuz some idiot fault campus sports writer suggested we were becoming a football school lol.

Also just heard the stat that Billy Donovan had 5 straight first round exits prior to that first of back to back chips.

Bottom line, college bball success is 99% about getting players. When you have the right ones you’re great. When you don’t you’re not.
Rick Pitino was not keen on Billy taking that job as he thought it was a tough one at a very football centric school and saw it as a dead end.
The money was something he couldn’t turn down.That Billy managed to win there is testimony to him as a coach.
Calhoun came to a school and a state where basketball was king.
Playing in a prestigious then Basketball only conference..
The SEC was Kentucky and it’s little friends.
They have recently been trying to use their immense financial advantage and destruction of the NCAA , to buy a great basketball conference.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It is when it happens multiple tourney appearances in a row, after not even making multiple and barely being relevant nationally for almost half a decade to begin with before the single “goose egg”. It’s not about looking at us in the scope of a single season but a whole 5 or 10 year stretch, we are not even close to those named programs currently, not even in the same stratosphere in a 10 year window for example, but in a 30 year window we look like the one of the best, that’s where our fans get tricked.

Ultimately you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it's realistic to compare ourselves to those programs. We had likely the games greatest coach in that period who elevated us to meet and really exceed those programs from 1990-2014.

I still think we're in the top 15 programs and our expectations should reflect that. I think if you look at programs 5-15 you'll see the fluctuations in nearly everyone aside from places like Nova and Gonzaga who are on their own historic runs.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let's look from 2011 onward at the pretty much indisputable 4 blue blood programs in America.

UNC: Title x1, final four x2, elite eight x4
Kentucky: Title x1, final four x4, elite eight x6
Duke: title x1, final four x1, elite 8 x4
Kansas: final four x1, elite 8 x5
I appreciate those numbers and they are impressive

since 1990 who has won 4 NCs?
Did any of the 4 programs you mentioned have to switch conferences that was not a result of it being their choice? That makes a huge difference
UConn is a blueblood but the NCAA world does not want to accept it

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sean Miller has a lot to work with at Xavier. Nunge, Freemantle and Jones are as good as any returning Top 3 in the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom