Sean Miller + Xavier | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller + Xavier

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Guy is scum but it’s a good win for the conference.

Wonder how many seasons he sticks around before he’s back to a P5…

I’ll set the over under at 3.5 seasons.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
good mid-major landing spot to try and redeem his sweaty career.

friendly reminder that he essentially got his former assistant fired so he could get his job. scumbag doesnt begin to describe this clown.
Maybe Mick will return to Cincinnati after UCLA.

Reaction Score
University of Pittsburgh's Sean Miller against the University of Connecticut's Chris Smith, Hartford CT 1990.

1647816801551.png

Reaction Score
Great hire. Happy to get another good coach in the Big East. Hope he makes Xavier elite again.

Reaction Score
Guy is slimy but he is a great coach. He will make BE even tougher than now. It is a good hire for Xavier.

Reaction Score
The Arcidiacano era is over; a significant rebuild is in order.
The Brunson era is over; a significant rebuild is in order.
The Gillespie era is over; a significant rebuild is in order.

Nova reloads.
Brizzi or Armstrong era up next?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Maybe Mick will return to Cincinnati after UCLA.
It’s funny, ucla almost didn’t make the tournament last year then almost lost in the first four. Then this year had a tough game against Akron in the first round as a four seed. You wonder if UCLA would be knocking down Pitinos door if things had gone differently in those games. Remember Mick was like their tenth choice for that job and the search was viewed as a massive failure.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The Arcidiacano era is over; a significant rebuild is in order.
The Brunson era is over; a significant rebuild is in order.
The Gillespie era is over; a significant rebuild is in order.

Nova reloads.
Too many fans here have become accustomed to the recent decade of UConn bball where a program only gets one impact player every 3-4 years for a singular run before fading away back to the middle-of-the-road of their conference.

Elite programs don't have down years, they just keep plowing through. Too many apologists here to allow that criticism to be held against UConn tbh.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I lived through something very similar nearly 40 years ago.

I wasn't long out of college and a buddy was a member of the (then pretty new) JCC in Stamford. He gave me a call asking if I could fill in for a pickup basketball game. My response was "you have to be able to find someone better than me" to which he responded "everyone there will be an unathletic Jewish guy".

I ended up being guarded by (no exaggeration) a 5'2" 185 lbs guy in his early 30's while decided to play shirtless. Warming up he started to sweat and once the game started going he had a 1/2" layer of perspiration on his body. The worst part was that any time I stood still he would lean against me and try to wrap an arm. He transferred a good quart of sweat every time he did that.

I never played there again and from that point on he was always referred to as Mr Slime.

Reaction Score
Hate to break it to you but Hurley is that guy. Every fanbase in the league hates him. Threatening to fight fans and complaining about the refs after games - he is so obnoxious

Hate to tell you he’s not that guy. He may be a to others but he’s not a piece of crap cheater. Different world you live in. Miller is crap can’t agree with those who love him getting a job it’s just wrong.

Reaction Score
Hate to tell you he’s not that guy. He may be a to others but he’s not a piece of crap cheater. Different world you live in. Miller is crap can’t agree with those who love him getting a job it’s just wrong.
Well if Alex Cora can get his job back after being a repeat cheater, then Sean Miller can, winning is the bottom line.

Reaction Score
I agree with your premise, but think it’s a little disingenuous to go all the way to saying he never sniffed one.

In addition to the E8 loss against the good guys, don’t forget his back to back excruciating E8 losses to Wisconsin in 2014 and 2015. Came close all three times.
Totally disingenuous. That 3 pointer by Horn STILL looks like it’s going in and if it does, they are in the Final Four. I’d say that’s a “sniff”.

Reaction Score
Definitely something dirty about Miller. Surprised X would walk down that tainted road. But he can recruit and coach. Might have answered my own hesitation. X now owns his dirt...

Reaction Score
4 elite 8s and 3 S16s under his belt. Let's see if he can get that first FF. That 07-08 Xavier team was good but they got crushed by UCLA in the E8 and lost a close one vs 1 seed Pitt in the S16 the next year in the only time Pitt actually did something decent in March.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I hope Miller II is better for them than Edsall II was for them. To be fair, Sean has a much better track record (in the athletics arena)

I want to see Georgetown and St John's become good again. We would all benefit immensely, from recruiting to exposure to dollars

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom