Sean Miller is done | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller is done

Reaction Score
he/she claims to work for UConn health and that's where this "info" is coming from. If UConn health needs the money so bad they should start by laying off their illiterate employees.

Ouch

Reaction Score
You and calhoun are buddies?
He’s a friend of mine. If that makes me a homer, so be it. But I know the facts and you don’t. So that makes you ill-informed.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We r not. KO is not leaving $10million on the table. There was a BOT meeting this week, UCONN health needs more money that UCONN does not have. There is no $15 mill for the buyout and a new coach. The AD will need permission for the money from Susan/BOT and I can tell u the BOT will not approve it. It is done, Ollie is back next yr
Time for another THON? This one to raise money for a buyout?

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Three or so weeks ago this was the case. I was told (not quite a week ago) that things have changed. I don't know what changed but the school does now appear to be willing to make the move once the season ends.
Three or so weeks ago this was the case. I was told (not quite a week ago) that things have changed. I don't know what changed but the school does now appear to be willing to make the move once the season ends.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
If their is a buyout it will significantly less than 10 mil , he will be let go for cause..

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If their is a buyout it will significantly less than 10 mil , he will be let go for cause..

How so? What would trigger that clause?

Reaction Score
We r not. KO is not leaving $10million on the table. There was a BOT meeting this week, UCONN health needs more money that UCONN does not have. There is no $15 mill for the buyout and a new coach. The AD will need permission for the money from Susan/BOT and I can tell u the BOT will not approve it. It is done, Ollie is back next yr
I don't think he will be fired, but he will not be back. The recruiting thing has legs.

Reaction Score
How so? What would trigger that clause?

They can fire him for cause and let him take them to court to prove it. That gives them time to drag his name through the mud, bleed him for legal fees, ruin his relationships with the UCONN family, and allow the NCAA investigation to move forward hoping for some way to make it stick. This is hardball but so is his taking our money for ruining our program. If he plays hardball so should we. If he wants to stay part of the family, he negotiates and we part ways on good terms. Nice and clean.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't buy that theory (I have heard quite a few on this board propose it).

If cause will be due to the current investigation, it can't really be used until the investigation is completed and the results are released. The only other options would lead to a very contentious separation which would not be good for the school.

My belief is an amicable agreement between KO and the school will be reached (and may already be in discussion). KO could find an NBA assistant job (he is very well liked by many in the NBA) and give the school a number of years to pay the difference between his current contract & his NBA assistant salaries. This is just a guess.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
They can fire him for cause and let him take them to court to prove it. That gives them time to drag his name through the mud, bleed him for legal fees, ruin his relationships with the UCONN family, and allow the NCAA investigation to move forward hoping for some way to make it stick. This is hardball but so is his taking our money for ruining our program. If he plays hardball so should we. If he wants to stay part of the family, he negotiates and we part ways on good terms. Nice and clean.
That would be the worst path the school could take.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score

If cause will be due to the current investigation, it can't really be used until the investigation is completed and the results are released. The only other options would lead to a very contentious separation which would not be good for the school.

My belief is an amicable agreement between KO and the school will be reached (and may already be in discussion). KO could find an NBA assistant job (he is very well liked by many in the NBA) and give the school a number of years to pay the difference between his current contract & his NBA assistant salaries. This is just a guess.
The buyout will be significantly reduced

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That makes the school look horrible, and severely limits interest from future coaches.

Reaction Score
That would be the worst path the school could take.
Agreed. If they start publicly dragging KO over the coals they risk losing the support of the former players who love KO as a man and for what he's contributed to UConn as a player and coach - and rightfully so. Some backroom tough discussions can and should take place to come to a mutually beneficial agreement on a buyout, but he does not deserve to be publicly dragged through the mud. He's already dragging himself through the mud with his own performance the past two seasons and I'm sure he already knows that.

Reaction Score
Agreed. If they start publicly dragging KO over the coals they risk losing the support of the former players who love KO as a man and for what he's contributed to UConn as a player and coach - and rightfully so. Some backroom tough discussions can and should take place to come to a mutually beneficial agreement on a buyout, but he does not deserve to be publicly dragged through the mud. He's already dragging himself through the mud with his own performance the past two seasons and I'm sure he already knows that.

I don’t understand how he keeps thier support if he’s willing to steal that much money after ruining the program. I know he has a contract and is entitled to keep it but he has to understand the consequences of losing the family and facing potential hardball tactics. I sure as hell expect our school to fight for our program and our money. The fight happens behind closed doors. I’m sure there is a non-disclosure clause in the contract.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Another thing to keep in mind, in most people's eyes four years removed from a title is not a long time. If we were to not only fire him but also force him to fight us through the court system to get us to honor the contract, what does that tell other coaches?

I can see the conversation with a candidate and his agent now: " Yes, KO was one of the family and yes, we will fight him tooth and nail after firing him with more than half his contract remaining, but don't worry, if you hit a couple of bumps in the road we won't do t his to you".

Reaction Score
It will be a negotiated buyout. The NCAA investigation gives the university some leverage. Ollie can play ball and negotiate or risk leaving with nothing should he get canned for cause. It’ll be a high stakes game of Deal or No Deal.

Reaction Score
Another thing to keep in mind, in most people's eyes four years removed from a title is not a long time. If we were to not only fire him but also force him to fight us through the court system to get us to honor the contract, what does that tell other coaches?

I can see the conversation with a candidate and his agent now: " Yes, KO was one of the family and yes, we will fight him tooth and nail after firing him with more than half his contract remaining, but don't worry, if you hit a couple of bumps in the road we won't do t his to you".
This is all assuming there's nothing that can be considered "cause." I'm not a lawyer so I don't really know exactly what constitutes cause but there was enough crap going on besides the NCAA investigation that might give us a leg to stand on. Ideally all that gets handled privately and an NDA gets signed

Reaction Score
How is it stealing? UConn agreed to the contract.

I don't understand how you can support UConn if they don't keep their word.

Technically it’s not stealing but for all practical purposes it is. He was hired to run a top ten program not run it into the ground. School agreed to pay him to run a top ten program.

The point is he’s not fulfilling his side of the bargain. Sure, he can legally claim the money but he has to expect the consequences will be terrible for him. He loses our love and respect and worse, his integrity is ruined. That’s his whole persona, integrity, dedication, do the right thing. You can’t be ten toes in when it’s convenient. It’s a full time job. Otherwise you’re nothing but anothe college basketball slime ball.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand how he keeps thier support if he’s willing to steal that much money after ruining the program. I know he has a contract and is entitled to keep it but he has to understand the consequences of losing the family and facing potential hardball tactics. I sure as hell expect our school to fight for our program and our money. The fight happens behind closed doors. I’m sure there is a non-disclosure clause in the contract.
He's not stealing, he has a contract and he has every right to want to stick to the terms of that contract. That said, there are conditions here that would make it in his best interest to negotiate a smaller sum, particularly the NCAA investigation.

Those who are in touch with things, is there at all a possibility this occurs before the end of the season?

Reaction Score
He's not stealing, he has a contract and he has every right to want to stick to the terms of that contract. That said, there are conditions here that would make it in his best interest to negotiate a smaller sum, particularly the NCAA investigation.

Those who are in touch with things, is there at all a possibility this occurs before the end of the season?
Benedict said they'll evaluate after the season so I don't see him getting fired with a couple weeks to go

Reaction Score

If cause will be due to the current investigation, it can't really be used until the investigation is completed and the results are released.

Hey great Sean Miller gets to coach for the next year and a half. Lol

Reaction Score
It will be a negotiated buyout. The NCAA investigation gives the university some leverage. Ollie can play ball and negotiate or risk leaving with nothing should he get canned for cause. It’ll be a high stakes game of Deal or No Deal.
Bingo.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Technically it’s not stealing but for all practical purposes it is. He was hired to run a top ten program not run it into the ground. School agreed to pay him to run a top ten program.

The point is he’s not fulfilling his side of the bargain. Sure, he can legally claim the money but he has to expect the consequences will be terrible for him. He loses our love and respect and worse, his integrity is ruined. That’s his whole persona, integrity, dedication, do the right thing. You can’t be ten toes in when it’s convenient. It’s a full time job. Otherwise you’re nothing but anothe college basketball slime ball.
So your point is that we would be firing him for cause with the cause being that we haven't been a top ten program for the past four years.

This is exactly why it would be so dangerous. We would demonstrate to any prospective candidate that they cannot expect any job security while they are here, even if it is written into the contract.

PS - from the sound of everything I don't believe you provided him much in the way of love or respect so that it likely already lost for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom