Sean Miller is done | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller is done

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Because he waited until practice was about to start to retire
That’s what actually happened, yes. But Skiblets’ premise is that he was forced out. My point is, why would he have been forced out at that point in time rather than during spring or summer? Wouldn’t they have wanted to do a proper replacement search?

Reaction Score
Miller to Pitt, Hurley to UConn is now a near lock.

Not so fast. Look at the schools implicated. Most of these schools are in the power conferences. As much as I hate it, this is where being in a top conference helps.

Some of these schools are top tier programs with history in a power conference. Almost all of these schools are in a power conference. You don't think Hurley would jump at coaching some of these programs? After it's all said and done, we may see other programs on this list (hopefully not us).

Duke
North Carolina
Texas
Kentucky
Michigan State
USC
Alabama
North Carolina State
Seton Hall
LSU
Maryland
Washington
Texas
South Carolina
Louisville
Utah
Xavier
Wichita State
Clemson
Kansas
Creighton
Notre Dame
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Iowa State

Reaction Score
That's how it works...when the policing organization is corrupt and complicit...they double down on trivial infractions to reassure themselves of their own integrity.. while looking away and shrugging their shoulders over corruption from which they benefit... they would never kill the cash cow p5s. It requires an outside authority.

Any time big money flows through a system, be assured corruption will follow.
Like our government for example.

Reaction Score
Screen-Shot-2016-03-18-at-9.25.25-AM.png

Reaction Score
Not so fast. Look at the schools implicated. Most of these schools are in the power conferences. As much as I hate it, this is where being in a top conference helps.

Some of these schools are top tier programs with history in a power conference. Almost all of these schools are in a power conference. You don't think Hurley would jump at coaching some of these programs? After it's all said and done, we may see other programs on this list (hopefully not us).

Duke
North Carolina
Texas
Kentucky
Michigan State
USC
Alabama
North Carolina State
Seton Hall
LSU
Maryland
Washington
Texas
South Carolina
Louisville
Utah
Xavier
Wichita State
Clemson
Kansas
Creighton
Notre Dame
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Iowa State
To be clear, my post was in jest a bit. Nothing is really a lock.

But chances are most and maybe even all of the schools on that list won’t see a coaching change.

Reaction Score
I don't think the NCAA gets to sweep this gigantic mess under the rug and act like nothing happened. It's a seminal event. They either have to admit their whole amateurism model is a sham, or close it all down.

Its a multi billion dollar business and everyone except Uconn Fans, given our current circumstances, likes things the way they are.

Too many people benefit from the status quo for things to change. A few assistant coaches/coaches get burned, maybe some wrist slaps for a couple of schools, some schadenfreude for the have not's, and pretty soon its back to normal.

Reaction Score
But chances are most and maybe even all of the schools on that list won’t see a coaching change.

That's unfortunately the sad state of affairs when dealing with the NCAA.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
That’s what actually happened, yes. But Skiblets’ premise is that he was forced out. My point is, why would he have been forced out at that point in time rather than during spring or summer? Wouldn’t they have wanted to do a proper replacement search?
Remember how JC was missing games and his spinal stenosis? I love JC but it was his time to go too. He was 70 and didn't have energy to do it anymore so he forced a guy on the university who's now 45 and doesn't have the energy to do it anymore.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing that any number of college coaches are lawyering up not to negotiate deals with ADs but with criminal lawyers. And after the Miller story a fair number of those lawyers are in contact with the US attorney for the Southern District of New York to discuss what kind of deal is available. They say the best deals go to the ones who talk earliest. And these guys are not going to be all that happy coaching Danbury against Allenwood in the Federal Corrections Association.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing that any number of college coaches are lawyering up not to negotiate deals with ADs but with criminal lawyers. And after the Miller story a fair number of those lawyers are in contact with the US attorney for the Southern District of New York to discuss what kind of deal is available. They say the best deals go to the ones who talk earliest. And these guys are not going to be all that happy coaching Danbury against Allenwood in the Federal Corrections Association.

no, I am betting most of the college coaches are a lot smarter about covering up the money trail and are not as arrogant as Miller.

Reaction Score
Remember how JC was missing games and his spinal stenosis? I love JC but it was his time to go too. He was 70 and didn't have energy to do it anymore so he forced a guy on the university who's now 45 and doesn't have the energy to do it anymore.
My Dad is the same age as JC. He has Parkinson's and Leukemia simultaneously. He now uses a walker and barely gets around, but Thank God, is still with us.
Jim Calhoun is as tough as nails, tougher than most but age and illness takes a lot out someone, especially after 70. Throw in all the travel and stress I can see JC saying enough.

Reaction Score
This is the perfect opportunity for the NCAA to grab back power from the P5 schools. I doubt they’re smart enough to capitalize on it. You know the same crap is happening in football. If the NCAA were to whisper in the right ears and let the feds take a few bball and football powers down in the P5, the rest of the conferences would get a leg up and compete for contracts and money.

Maybe the NCAA initiated this entire thing..........

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom