Sean Miller is done | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller is done

Reaction Score
I'm re-filing the Arizona game as a "W" on our tournament resume.
Might as well add Auburn, M State, Whicita x 2 and Nova to make our record 18-10. Lol now we are in if not on bubble

Reaction Score
Miller isn't going to be allowed to coach
I’m not so sure about that. But Pitt is desperate and I think would accept a sanction next year to take him on as a HC.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The big question is, what actual laws are being broken?? OK, tax fraud by th player receiving the money and obvously not paying any taxes on it. What other laws??

They don't care about the players and tax fraud. Players/families can probably just pay back taxes and be fine anyway.

They care about the shoe companies and certain handlers and coaches.

Two biggest potential transgressions are wire fraud and money laundering.

Why is it against the law to give money to recruits? Former federal prosecutors explain

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jesus, this makes the Ollie extension look reasonable

Finally someone's AD wrote a worse termination clause than ours. I feel better, slightly.

The ironic thing is KO may become a hot commodity since he could be the only coach not indicted by April.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm really surprised by people's hatred on here for Roy Williams.
I find him very respectable, and seems to do things the right way. He doesn't recruit the same way as Duke, Arizona or Kentucky, but still competes at their level.

But if news comes out he offered money to like, Tony Bradley, then I'll stop talking.

But I think all of your hate should be more directed towards the NCAA and UNC administration than Roy Williams.

First, let me get this out of the way. Roy is a phenomenal basketball coach. One of the best imo.

But he's also a complete snake in the grass. That whole golly-gee-wilikers shtick is exactly that a shtick. Guy couldn't be any more phony if he tried. One of the great arseholes of college basketball.

And he was every bit as culpable for his guys in the UNC class thing. He knew exactly what was happening.

Reaction Score
I find him very respectable, and seems to do things the right way. He doesn't recruit the same way as Duke, Arizona or Kentucky, but still competes at their level.

But if news comes out he offered money to like, Tony Bradley, then I'll stop talking.

But I think all of your hate should be more directed towards the NCAA and UNC administration than Roy Williams.
Roy Williams has had opposing fans removed for rooting against his team. There is not a more pompous coach in the NCAA with the possible exception of Calipari.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm not defending Sean Miller or any corruption, but I have a few questions.

why is the FBI investigating NCAA violations? Is that their focus now? Do you think Wooden is going down? Will people get offended when they see Wooden's name in record books? Will Mueller be looking into this stuff too?

Is the story even real? With so much fake news BS coming out seemingly several times a week now and intended to do nothing but divide us, I have to question everything

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm not defending Sean Miller or any corruption, but I have a few questions.

why is the FBI investigating NCAA violations? Is that their focus now? Do you think Wooden is going down? Will people get offended when they see Wooden's name in record books? Will Mueller be looking into this stuff too?

Is the story even real? With so much fake news BS coming out seemingly several times a week now and intended to do nothing but divide us, I have to question everything

@JMick I think this takes the cake

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’m not so sure about that. But Pitt is desperate and I think would accept a sanction next year to take him on as a HC.

If he’s on tape arranging for a $100,000 payment to a player, there’s no chance Pitt or anyone else hires him.

It would not be a matter of ‘accepting a sanction’ for a year. It’d be accepting a head coach who would be effectively barred from recruiting for five to ten years.

willie99

Reaction Score
@JMick I think this takes the cake

some people wait for the facts to come out, especially after watching so much misinformation come out over the years, even from ESPN like the Duke Lacrosse Scandal and deflate-gate, while others only need the 10 second sound bite without any substance to convict

he could be on tape, and he could be saying "no way we're paying you", or he could be saying 'really, UK is offering $ 100,000"? Or the ESPN could have been sold a crock full of which they gleefully reported, that's happened before don'tchaknow? (that last question is a rhetorical question, I really don't have that much faith in some people)

Last edited:

willie99

Reaction Score
If he’s on tape arranging for a $100,000 payment to a player, there’s no chance Pitt or anyone else hires him.

It would not be a matter of ‘accepting a sanction’ for a year. It’d be accepting a head coach who would be effectively barred from recruiting for five to ten years.

True, like you accurately stated, "if" the story is true, he's toxic.

willie99

Reaction Score
some people wait for the facts to come out, especially after watching so much misinformation come out over the years, even from ESPN like the Duke Lacrosse Scandal and deflate-gate, while others only need the 10 second sound bite without any substance to convict

he could be on tape, and he could be saying "no way we're paying you", or he could be saying 'really, UK is offering $ 100,000"? Or the ESPN could have been sold a crock full of which they gleefully reported, that's happened before don'tchaknow? (that last question is a rhetorical question, I really don't have that much faith in some people)

Upon further thought, why do I even need to cite those stories, all I need to do is cite Yahoo's story about violations committed by Jim Calhoun, a hit piece laced with inaccuracies, called blatant lies in some circles. So we experience what it's like for the media to create fake news about us, and we still swallow hook, line and sinker every-time we see some report on other programs

I'm sorry, I just can't, I need substance

Reaction Score
This is more embarrassing than the time KO got caught spending all of last season trying to recruit Russian bots to come here. Yikes.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The NCAA is as corrupt as these programs, won't be surprised if the NCAA is exposed for turning a blind eye
My guess is that among the things that shake out from this will be major restructuring of both the NCAA and AAU.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The safest prediction is that there will be a sacrificial lamb and a handful of wrist slaps. If college basketball was serious about its rules, this scandal would mean the death penalty for multiple institutions, but there doesn't seem to be any momentum in that direction.

Reaction Score
The safest prediction is that there will be a sacrificial lamb and a handful of wrist slaps. If college basketball was serious about its rules, this scandal would mean the death penalty for multiple institutions, but there doesn't seem to be any momentum in that direction.
Yeah just look at the whole MSU thing from a month ago....nothing seems to have come from that.

Reaction Score

Roy goes after the same players, he just hasn't gotten them recently. His feigning of ignorance in the academic scandal was laughable. Their scandal seems far worse than recruiting a player who is getting paid by an agent. No chance he didn't know what was going on.

Sean MIller and AZ will get the hammer and be made an example by the NCAA, the rest of the coaches: Ratface, Roy, the Squid will get stern warnings via email from the NCAA.

I am looking forward to Dick Vs reaction when Capel gets caught on the wiretap. The cognitive dissonance will be a sight to behold but I'm sure he will find a way to elevate K and throw Capel under the bus. I think Cal is too experienced in the cheating game to get caught but I am hoping for some type of WWW exposure.

Reaction Score
That’s great and all but is anyone just a little nervous about UCONN? We are already under investigation.

I for one am extremely nervous about UConn being under investigation, and the cloud hanging over our head for much longer due to these others cases.

Reaction Score
With the FEDS involved, the NCAA is fighting for its very existence. Not sure how much jurisdiction they will have in the end. Besides, have you asked yourself what is the FEDS real goal anyway? Could it be a few rogue agents, the shoe companies, or perhaps the tax status of college athletics in general?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The NCAA is going to have to make a decision, allow the players to be compensated in some way or go back to being a niche interest where the games are mostly no longer televised.

Reaction Score
The NCAA is going to have to make a decision, allow the players to be compensated in some way or go back to being a niche interest where the games are mostly no longer televised.
Don't you think the players will just double dip

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom