OT: - SCSU holding their own in the Carrier Dome | The Boneyard

OT: SCSU holding their own in the Carrier Dome

Reaction Score
The Southern Connecticut State University Owls, coached by Scott Burrell, are playing at Syracuse live on ACC/ESPN right now. Exhibition game.

Owls led by 2 at half. Down 8 now but there is a lot of basketball left to go.

Reaction Score
"Scott Burrell"
Liked your post for that. Man o man he was fun to watch. Burrell was just a tremendous athlete. You could see his skill set was limited coming in, and the guy just used his other-worldly athleticism to be effective. If he had played exclusively basketball from a very young age, hard to imagine how high his ceiling would have been.

Reaction Score
I remember Scott block Shaq in the NCAA tournament.

On TV btw

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I remember when Scottie jumped OVER Rogers of Wake in a game at the Civic Center.!!!! Still the only guy to be a 1st rounder in 2 sports.
You left out the best part. He stole the ball from Rogers when he landed and Rogers is about 6’6””.

Reaction Score
I remember Scott block Shaq in the NCAA tournament.

On TV btw
I remember that... Had courtside seats with my boys Gil and Kevin (RIP - he was the big black guy that drove the transit bus around campus as a part time gig... miss the gentle giant as we call him) in Minnesota... Nice long distance drive from Storrs to Minneapolis for the first 2 rounds of the NCAA Tourney that year... Good times... I remember nobody gave us a chance against LSU because of Shaq Diesel... He was in foul trouble the whole game pretty much... We played like a well oiled machine.. then 2 nights later, in front of thousands of Xavier fans, we shut Xavier down (Brian Grant was on that team)... Good times...

Reaction Score
JC used a 1-3-1 zone and completely shut down Shaq in Minnesota. NCAA first round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom