MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I would also post to Yelp.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can you even a BBB file on scalpers?
I wonder if they use iron mountain for the archives.

If it's an accredited business, then yeah. If not, shouldn't have bought tickets.

I definitely be calling around to everybody and anybody just to piss people off and give me some catharsis.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If it's an accredited business, then yeah. If not, shouldn't have bought tickets.

I definitely be calling around to everybody and anybody just to piss people off and give me some catharsis.

I see I left a word out of my post. I was just making a joke about how many complaints the average scalper would have.

The BBB exists for no purpose anymore beyond extorting companies for membership.

By all means post it everywhere in the world, tell everyone under the sun and drive them out of their minds - but the BBB isn't going to do anything.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not only are they in CT Malloy gave them a ton of money in the 'First Five'.

I hired someone who worked there out of college. Let's just say it's not the most professional organization in the world.

You may have had some leverage with the state because of that but when the owner went on his racist tirade they lost the money.

Reaction Score
TicketNetwork is in the old Gerber Scientific building that can be seen right off of I-84.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that a Connecticut-based corporation would ever give the shaft to UConn fans. . . :rolleyes:

Well in their defense they are an equal opportunity shafter.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I see I left a word out of my post. I was just making a joke about how many complaints the average scalper would have.

The BBB exists for no purpose anymore beyond extorting companies for membership.

By all means post it everywhere in the world, tell everyone under the sun and drive them out of their minds - but the BBB isn't going to do anything.

I read your post and didn't even notice! To continue the confusion, I was referring to calling managers, etc at the ticket site, not the BBB. BBB definitely useless. Probably won't do any good either, but it's nice to scream and yell a bit.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
TicketNetwork is in the old Gerber Scientific building that can be seen right off of I-84.

He should go down there and piss on the president's car. At the very least.

Reaction Score
I'd let the Courant know about it. A nice follow up to the high ticket prices article.

Reaction Score
Update: We just found our tickets (the ones they were "unable to secure") on sale on their sites for 5x the price. What a bunch of CROOKS.
Needless to say we're not going to pay that price, so still looking for tickets :(

I would gather every screen shot, confirmation, and receipt I could and go down and file a civil suit. You can argue that you planned to resell the tickets, and whatever they end up selling them for belongs to you. You had a valid contract that they violated.

It won't get you in the game, but it could make you a couple thousand dollars.

Hell if you have any lawyer friends, you might even be able to get an injunction. Someone may take the case pro-bono just for the press.

Reaction Score
Update: We just found our tickets (the ones they were "unable to secure") on sale on their sites for 5x the price. What a bunch of CROOKS.
Needless to say we're not going to pay that price, so still looking for tickets :(
Start posting on the internet, message boards etc anywhere you can. Somebody mentioned Yelp and that is a good start but there are others. Google Ticketnetwork.com , complaints and post on whatever you can find. This really sucks and sorry to hear you got screwed. It won't help your situation but there is some satisfaction knowing that you are fighting back.

Reaction Score
I would gather every screen shot, confirmation, and receipt I could and go down and file a civil suit. You can argue that you planned to resell the tickets, and whatever they end up selling them for belongs to you. You had a valid contract that they violated.

It won't get you in the game, but it could make you a couple thousand dollars.

Hell if you have any lawyer friends, you might even be able to get an injunction. Someone may take the case pro-bono just for the press.
You can file a small claims suit and it really helps that the company is headquartered in Connecticut. I'd call their office again and threaten to expose them.

Reaction Score
huskyjawz said:
The boxes are 1500/person minimum, but you have to buy like 15 seats.

There are available seats in boxes for 1000/seat. Includes both Friday and Sunday. 1500/seat for the better boxes.

Reaction Score
I remember a few years ago the owner was busted for bad behavior at a real art ways event. Seems to be an .

Reaction Score
I did a bit of research on them... mix of good and bad reviews. Turns out they're headquartered in South Windsor of all places: http://www.scambook.com/company/view/53665/TicketNetworkcom

The NY Times did a profile on the owner: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/arts/music/30sisa.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

They are not BBB accredited: http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/busi...ket-software-llc-in-south-windsor-ct-39000919

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/ticketnetwork
TicketNework was quoted in today's Hartford Courant article about high tickets prices for regional games at MSG.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-uconn-tickets-0325-20140325,0,60758.story

"Everyone's chance to go to Madison Square Garden is a big thing," said Jay Mullarkey, vice president at TicketNetwork, based in South Windsor. "Demand has been strong and prices continue to rise as inventory falls."

I'd call them and ask for Jay Mullarkey and tell him you're calling the police for getting scammed. If you put up a big stink maybe he sells you tickets for $200 to avoid any trouble. That's total BS. If that had happened to me and I saw those tickets on their site for 5 times what I had paid I'd be driving to South Windsor and giving them a little visit.

Reaction Score
Calling, Emailing, Tweeting. Nothing seems to be working. They just seem like they don't care. The 2 company's are also pointing the blame to each other and not taking any responsibility. It doesn't look like this will be resolved in time to be able to get any tickets. We are compiling all of our information to submit to the BBB at the minimum. Will seriously look into the costs to see if worth it to possibly take further action.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Calling, Emailing, Tweeting. Nothing seems to be working. They just seem like they don't care. The 2 company's are also pointing the blame to each other and not taking any responsibility. It doesn't look like this will be resolved in time to be able to get any tickets. We are compiling all of our information to submit to the BBB at the minimum. Will seriously look into the costs to see if worth it to possibly take further action.

Did you physically show them the tickets you bought are still on there? I mean, that's straight up in my mind. Definitely contact some CT Govt employee/agency (jokes aside). I highly doubt you are getting your tickets, but it would be nice if this sort of practice could be stomped out. Doubt they'd remove the business, but every little be helps.

Reaction Score

The BBB won't do anything, that's a waste of time. They have no authority to do anything to help you.

Use the Department of Consumer Protection to file a complaint...

http://www.ct.gov/dcp/lib/dcp/pdf/forms/consumer_statement_cpfr-2_frauds-12-06-13.pdf

Then use the small claims court (you don't need a lawyer). If you're certain it is the exact same tickets, get all the evidence you can, screen shots, etc. If/when the company sells them, show they are no longer available and what they were last offered at. Use that as evidence in court. You can probably argue that you should be owed damages on top of losing the ticket because they took away an experience you can't replace. Or you can argue that you were going to resell them because you saw the opportunity, and they owe you for what they sold the tickets for. I'd have to dust off my business law book, and I'm not an attorney, but I think you'd have a pretty strong case.

http://www.jud.ct.gov/faq/smallclaims.html

Again, don't waste your time with the BBB. If a company isn't even registered with the BBB, it won't even matter. You'd get the same result as a negative comment on Yelp or Angie's List.

Reaction Score
Definitely absolutely contact the Courant, specifically the writer of the article who quoted TicketNetwork. Keep all of your records for proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom