Screwed out of tickets! Help! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Screwed out of tickets! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A friend of mine got scammed through EBay for a big national game. Turned out EBay should've (or could've) stopped the scam. My friend went to the local news. EBay then agreed to quietly buy my friend tix to the game.

I guess you are at least getting your money back, but go ahead and have some fun trashing them and see if it'll get you some tix.

Reaction Score
I'm a lawyer. Here are my thoughts:
I would gather every screen shot, confirmation, and receipt I could and go down and file a civil suit.
I would forget about it as soon as possible and get on with life.

You can argue that you planned to resell the tickets, and whatever they end up selling them for belongs to you.
You can argue that the tickets were from the moon and worth millions - it won't matter. If you wanted to pursue a contract claim, your best course would be to buy equivalent tickets and then sue them for the difference in cost.

You had a valid contract that they violated.
True, but so what?

It won't get you in the game, but it could make you a couple thousand dollars.
This is about as possible as Russia deciding to leave the Crimea in the next 24 hours because they realize they made a mistake.

Hell if you have any lawyer friends, you might even be able to get an injunction.
No. Just no.

Someone may take the case pro-bono just for the press.
No. Because there are much more worthy pro bono suits and there will be no press.
This is not a story: "Guy uses shady company to buy tickets for big game, shady company sells tickets for more money to different buyer." Not a story.

Here's the advice I give many people in the course of a year - you got screwed over. It'll cost you more in time, aggravation, and life energy to fight it than you will ever get back out. Learn a lesson, protect yourself going forward, and live well.

Reaction Score
I almost had the same issue with vividseats...got 5 calls saying they have tickets for me and then sold them...back and forth but finally got tickets...was driving me nuts...cant wait for this game!!!!

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

However, there is no protection from this happening again going forward. So while it may not result in anything, a complaint with the DCP would at least give someone the peace of mind to know they didn't get screwed over without fighting back.

If everyone took your attitude this company would continue to get away with it. If the DCP got 2o complaints in one weekend about this company, because others got screwed and took action, then maybe this won't happen to others in the future.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Strummer said:
I'm a lawyer. Here are my thoughts: I would forget about it as soon as possible and get on with life. You can argue that the tickets were from the moon and worth millions - it won't matter. If you wanted to pursue a contract claim, your best course would be to buy equivalent tickets and then sue them for the difference in cost. True, but so what? This is about as possible as Russia deciding to leave the Crimea in the next 24 hours because they realize they made a mistake. No. Just no. No. Because there are much more worthy pro bono suits and there will be no press. This is not a story: "Guy uses shady company to buy tickets for big game, shady company sells tickets for more money to different buyer." Not a story. Here's the advice I give many people in the course of a year - you got screwed over. It'll cost you more in time, aggravation, and life energy to fight it than you will ever get back out. Learn a lesson, protect yourself going forward, and live well.

That's what baseball bats are for

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member