Scott Van Pelt | The Boneyard

Scott Van Pelt

Reaction Score
If you didn't just catch SVP's editorial on-air about Hurley picking UConn, go find a clip. Some very flattering words about our program.

"You wonder what's Pitt's ceiling in the ACC and who will always be ahead of them? We've seen UConn's ceiling, there's four national championship banners hanging from it."

"It's the kind of job a basketball lifer waits his whole career to get at the program's most interesting crossroads in its history."

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
One of the very few personalities at ESPN I actually enjoy listening to, his show is the only talk show at the network I will occasionally watch (I have to be awake)

and UConn has nothing to do with any of that

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
The only guy over there not drinking the poison of the antichrist

Reaction Score
I've always loved SVP. Nice to see a big name in Bristol not downplaying the success in Storrs. Makes me feel a thing I haven't felt once this season.
Think he's in LA now.

Reaction Score
I thing Mike and Wingo are horrendous, somehow worse than Mike and Mike. But as I was flipping through the stations this morning I paused on ESPN radio enough to hear Wingo refer repeatedly to the blue bloods still in the bracket ... not once did he mention Cuse. I enjoyed that immensely.

Reaction Score
I can't find a clip anywhere. If anyone finds it, please post. Would love to watch it.

Reaction Score
Said all his colleagues think Pitt is the better job because of the ACC, but pointed out they'll never reach the top.

People think you get so much exposure just being in the ACC. If your team is even just mediocre, it's better TV-wise to be UConn in a conference where you can dominate the national TV opportunities. UConn had 12 CBS/ESPN/ESPN2 games last year. Pitt had 2 (both on ESPN2). Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, & Louisville always going to get a disproportionate large share (of the admittedly larger) pie.

Not for money/resources, though. That's why we gotta pack the seats, buy the merch, etc. The Gonzaga model.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Auto generated transcript below. It's not all that useful:
We have a college basketball higher to report its UConn. This should make gamecocks fans breathe a little easier even though frame born prematurely said he wasn't going UConn. But Dan Hurley has the job from Rhode Island. That has been made official today. He received a six year deal. First season he'll make two point 75 million dollars the night two and three quarter know what you think missile. I mean that's basketball money for a real school because you've got a real basketball school exposed to me. And understood shocked by that by the money yeah. Good covering more make over three million this afternoon and early death. He'll be introduced tomorrow afternoon not Martan but Dan Hurley. At a news conference Hurley said he's honored and excited. He said this program is part of one of the top public universities in the country has a championship history. Wonderful support from a passionate fan base. He's 45 years old he takes over for Kevin Ollie. Kevin Ollie fire by the Huskies. After his fourth sub par season Kevin Ollie just did not. Work out a UConn. Looked like you would for awhile Harley and told his team early this morning you Rhode Island that he's. Leaving he inherited a program that was not know much six years ago and took them to the NCAA tournament each of the past two years. He's had offers he also had an offer from Pittsburgh. And Rhode Island made of and offered us today. But he's taken the UConn job he's got to bring along Tom Moore. Assistant coach with him according to sources Tom Moore was an assistant also under Jim Calhoun back when you Thomas. Pretty darn good at basketball. But the rest of the staff depends on whether his top assistant David Cox gets the job they Rhode Island. If David Cox gets that job some of the staff. May stay the brings money new in the front bring you people later. As well. You can't the only program in the country that has won four national titles in the past two decades. Hurley believes the program represented his best opportunity to be successful. Even though Pittsburgh offered him. A more lucrative deal about that so you was Bjork. Amazed at the three for the two point 75 mil out. Im more shocked that he took them. The more money over Pittsburgh on. There's so I didn't I didn't see him winning a new kind as I really can't see him win and did very. And about his and one of Pittsburgh. They went anything in conference this year. According to ESPN Pittsburgh offer early more than three million a year may turn and hand. Yeah. Which I. I have to say is Smart. I mean think about it you're gonna make essentially the same amount may be who 600000 was per year. But you're gonna be winning more games or any easier conference. Kind of makes sense. Yeah it does make sense by the way if you're wondering about Dan Hurley in the name like Boise related to Bobby yes he has his brother. He's the son of legendary high school coach Bob Hurley senior. His brother Bobby Hurley. Arizona State coach. So it's good basketball fan. Is probably good hard. And are for UConn. And them buzzing ringing get a Mac on track coming they were good not that long ago. It's little tough last couple years for the Huskies. And they don't have a lot of high level talent. So he's got to start recruiting fast. Got to get the recruiting going quickly. Those Dan Hurley. At UConn.

Here's the link. I haven't listened to it. If anyone does, post the time mark of the the Hurley section.

Reaction Score
Auto generated transcript below. It's not all that useful:

Here's the link. I haven't listened to it. If anyone does, post the time mark of the the Hurley section.
This isn't the clip from SVP last night. The one I referenced came on his show that runs midnight-1am. Came towards the very end of the show.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This isn't the clip from SVP last night. The one I referenced came on his show that runs midnight-1am. Came towards the very end of the show.
Oh, okay. I searched SVP/UConn/Hurley and did a date sort on them. This was what came up. If you can find a link somewhere let me know.

Reaction Score
If you didn't just catch SVP's editorial on-air about Hurley picking UConn, go find a clip. Some very flattering words about our program.

"You wonder what's Pitt's ceiling in the ACC and who will always be ahead of them? We've seen UConn's ceiling, there's four national championship banners hanging from it."

"It's the kind of job a basketball lifer waits his whole career to get at the program's most interesting crossroads in its history."

Bbbbut wait! BH and SVP are wrong. Uconn is just a stepping stone job not a destination job. Uconn isnt at a "crossroad" they are a failed program whos best days are behind them and nobody wants to play for. This has to be true! CBS said so!:rolleyes:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I thing Mike and Wingo are horrendous, somehow worse than Mike and Mike. But as I was flipping through the stations this morning I paused on ESPN radio enough to hear Wingo refer repeatedly to the blue bloods still in the bracket ... not once did he mention Cuse. I enjoyed that immensely.
Anything with the name Golic is unlistenable

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom