Score Predictions vs 'nova 1/14/12 | The Boneyard

Score Predictions vs 'nova 1/14/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
0-0 to start the game. I have a chance to get that right.

Reaction Score
I expect Geno to do a lot of lineup experimentation. Still, we should have no trouble scoring after the 10 minute mark.
72 - 44

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
It will be the usual slow, semi-ugly, disjointed game... Uconn by 25 when all is said and done.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
62 to 38...a slow tedious, teeth pulling use every second of every shot clock, with 'Nova taking more threes than twos. KML with a perplexed look on her face as she is thinking, "I played on a team in 5th grade that had more possessions in a half time of play than I am experiencing today. Chinese water torture might be preferable to this." Meanwhile Harry completely undaunted by the spectacle continues to converse with his point guard in the back court on every possession...calling each and every play. His point guard seems extremely content with this exclusive relationship and the fact that she is the only player or assistant coach on the court who enjoys such one on one attention from Harry.

Meanwhile on the other bench Geno and his staff frustratingly wait for "Nova to settle into the half court defense which is usually 19 seconds into the possession so they can coach defense for 13 seconds. About half way through the first half Geno can't take it anymore he calls his stock broker on his cell phone and orders 100,000 shares of Geno's Fast Break, then he calls the White House and tries explaining to Presidential aide Valerie Jarret why his next trip to the White House will not include 2024 Presidential candidate Miss Maya Moore.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Rather than guess the final score I would like to focus on the factors listed below. (And if anyone wants to prognosticate (fancy word for "guess") about any of these topics, have at it.)
  • #Minutes of playing time for Kiah (especially first 30 minutes of the game);
  • #Min./PT for Brianna (esp. first 30 min.);
  • #Min. UConn plays 2 bigs at once (e.g., Stef & Kiah);
  • #Min. UConn plays 5 guards (no Stef/Kiah/Heather);
  • #Min. Kelly and Heather are on the court at the same time (if at all);
  • #Turnovers for Bria and KML; and,
  • #Free throws taken/% made.
I am interested in seeing if Geno is about to play Banks and Stokes more (blowout time doesn't count). Also, how much Geno will have two bigs out there at once (and which two). Since neither Heather nor Kelly pose a major shooting threat, will Geno avoid playing them both at once? And both Bria and Kaleena have had recent bad TO games; are they concentrating on protecting the ball better or making good passes?

Some of these "stats" may give some insight about Geno's direction for the team in the second half of the season and beyond. Guesses and predictions and prognostications welcome.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
UConn - a fair amount, but not as much as usual

Villanova - a lot less

Harry - needing an extra pill

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Been smoking something?

Nope...just calling it like it is. One doesn't need any help to recognize how painful it is to watch 'Nova play...it is sort of like watching paint dry.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
80-35 UConn. The freshmen will want to show their stuff and will not be deterred by Harry's slow-down tactics.

I'll be on a plane between IAH and DCA. A detailed game thread on the Chinese water torture will be appreciated. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I expect Geno to do a lot of lineup experimentation. Still, we should have no trouble scoring after the 10 minute mark.
72 - 44
Sonny you shined!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member