Schedule strength opinions needed | The Boneyard

Schedule strength opinions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I keep spreadsheets of each BCS team's schedule (just who they play, home or not, and in/out of conference). During the year I document whether the team wins or looses (using colors) which provides a quick and dirty handle on how teams are doing. I also track RU's non-BCS opponents, but that's immaterial to what I'm asking.

I try to evaluate team's schedules, and I generally give props for how many other BCS non-conference teams they play (good or bad), as well as the few "known to be good" mid-majors, such as Gonzaga, Marist, Temple, etc.

So here's my question if anyone has opinions - how many BCS non-conference opponents should a team schedule? or how should you judge a schedule in advance (remember, using detailed prior season numbers is pointless, since things change, plus I'm looking for a general feel, not trying to compare UConn / ND / Tennessee all of which have tough schedules. For me, its more about who is challenging themselves and who isn't.

I'll be putting my spreadsheet together over the next couple of weeks (from 10/20 - 11/10 I have other things going on, so need to get it done early) and interested in how you folks think I can judge it.

Reaction Score
I keep spreadsheets of each BCS team's schedule (just who they play, home or not, and in/out of conference). During the year I document whether the team wins or looses (using colors) which provides a quick and dirty handle on how teams are doing. I also track RU's non-BCS opponents, but that's immaterial to what I'm asking.

I try to evaluate team's schedules, and I generally give props for how many other BCS non-conference teams they play (good or bad), as well as the few "known to be good" mid-majors, such as Gonzaga, Marist, Temple, etc.

So here's my question if anyone has opinions - how many BCS non-conference opponents should a team schedule? or how should you judge a schedule in advance (remember, using detailed prior season numbers is pointless, since things change, plus I'm looking for a general feel, not trying to compare UConn / ND / Tennessee all of which have tough schedules. For me, its more about who is challenging themselves and who isn't.

I'll be putting my spreadsheet together over the next couple of weeks (from 10/20 - 11/10 I have other things going on, so need to get it done early) and interested in how you folks think I can judge it.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing you're spreadsheet.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Basically, if you take Delaware's schedule last year and do the exact opposite, you will have a schedule that doesn't completely suck and prepares you for the rigors of tournament play.

Reaction Score
Actually Alex - every year I read here in the boneyard (from a FEW posters) that UCONN's schedule is horrible. UCONN schedules too many cupcakes and the schedule won't prepare them. Of course, generally those same few posters, often voice that Geno has no idea how to coach a team, nor does the staff have any idea how to recruit.
(I would posit though that "if it were easy, anybody could do it - even the complaining posters)
So with that said, why confine your "do the opposite" to just Delaware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom