Schedule PC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Schedule PC

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I would like both URI and PC to be in the schedule mix. Someone would rather watch Tulane, UCF or East Carolina?

But it's really about PC and URI vs cupcakes on our current schedule.

About ready to head to Storrs - excited about both MBB and football!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We can petition the AAC to remove Tulane and Tulsa, but I think there may be issues there.

When Fox decides that Providence/UConn merits the big channel, the game has a chance. Until then, it'll be home and homes against Nova, Georgetown, etc.

Reaction Score
My original post was sarcastic, but it got me thinking; why not have a "MSG Imvitational" or something hosted by UConn, Cuse and Georgetown and invite a 4th random team every year and/or a New England thing with UConn, PC, bcu, and a rotating Yankee conference school? Play it in Boston. Just a thought.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

How many games did Providence have on Fox last year?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

That's the rub.

I think ESPN is easy. They have seven nights and two major channels - Fox really has just has one afternoon a week for games. I know television played a huge role in both the Georgetown and Nova series - the return game at each was contracted for Fox.

When Fox thinks they can put that game on at noon on a Saturday, the series will happen. My guess is that sometime next year, as with the Nova announcement, there'll be another series set up against a Big East team. My guess would be St. John's or Providence, with St. John's being the more likely of the two.

Reaction Score
That's the rub.

I think ESPN is easy. They have seven nights and two major channels - Fox really has just has one afternoon a week for games. I know television played a huge role in both the Georgetown and Nova series - the return game at each was contracted for Fox.

When Fox thinks they can put that game on at noon on a Saturday, the series will happen. My guess is that sometime next year, as with the Nova announcement, there'll be another series set up against a Big East team. My guess would be St. John's or Providence, with St. John's being the more likely of the two.

Is this based on anything or just a gut feeling?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When Providence was good they would never play UConn. Why is this even a thing?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I remember the 60s and 70s - only time UConn got on the floor with PC was in the NIT/NCAA
UConn was dying to play PC but PC stuck their nose in the air
Payback is a b*tch
I feel we owe that school squat - screw regionalism - let's go back and play an old Yankee Conference foe - URI

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Some of us are older and wiser than the 49yo UConn fan

Reaction Score
UConn will play only one BE team per years. Last two years it was Georgetown. Next two years it's Villanova.
Perhaps in 2020 PC might be scheduled.Ollie has mentioned PC & Seton Hall as possibilities in an interview a few years ago.

Reaction Score
I would love to see a providence home and home. They were not a priority over cuse, nova and gtown - but now that those are done, this is the one I want to see happen next.

C

Chief00

Cooley said some really nice things about the UConn MBB brand and KO. He also revealed a little of PC's negative recruiting we have been hearing - UConn is spending its money on football and not supporting basketball and UConn's in a bad BB conference etc. First time, I have heard him say that publicly.
Cooley also said KO and him have had some talk about a game. With the Drummond vs Dunn posse flare up at Shrine, PC's negative recruiting while they are patting you on the back and KO/Cooley friendship - let's get it started. JC is spending increasing time in RI - so it would be in his wheelhouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

I remember the 60s and 70s - only time UConn got on the floor with PC was in the NIT/NCAA
Payback is a b*tch
I feel we owe that school squat - screw regionalism - let's go back and play an old Yankee Conference foe - URI

We don't owe them anything but I would love to kick their butt. URI as well. And now that JC's home away from home is RI - why not?
We can have a adult beverage after the game and retell the Tate /Murdoch stories, and replay JC's Ryan Gomes presser. Doesn't get better than that. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Payback is a b*tch

PC was once better than UConn.

I did not know that.

Of course, I'm only in my 50's

C

Chief00

Don't know if he still is but JC was not only an inductee at the BB HOF but on the board of directors.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We don't owe them anything but I would love to kick their butt. URI as well. And now that JC's home away from home is RI - why not?
We can have a adult beverage after the game and retell the Tate /Murdoch stories, and replay JC's Ryan Gomes presser. Doesn't get better than that. LOL
I hear you Chiefoo but I despise PC
JC is situated nice where he is in RI but I miss him in Madison and when I told him so he just laughed (I don't think he liked Madison CC and Pat ran out of new shops!!!)
Would love a rivalry with URIne but PC can keep their hockey team and sink into the sea - would rather play Brown if had to play Providence based team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom