Schafenaker at risk | The Boneyard

Schafenaker at risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Visiting USF. Talks about having family there and always liking it there. Calls the offer "tempting"

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised... With the coaching changes we've had, it doesn't surprise me one bit how we've been trying to get other OL recruits in this class..That's been most of the recruiting talk the past month...

Reaction Score
At this point, it looks like he still coming up for his official visit next weekend… so all is not lost - yet…

Reaction Score
agreed Lewconn... Just hope we got everything in order by the time he visits...

Reaction Score
So it's not a "conference" issue, it's not a Don Brown left issue (he recruited him) becasue DeLeone is still here (who would be his position coach). He had offer from Cincy so maybe Weist is familar with him though he wasn't his primary recruiter. I hope it's not a family/weather issue (tuff to overcome). They need to pull out all the stops here...

Hell - if he's as good as they think, and looking at what we have returning - this should be a non-issue. Show him the films:

"Wherever he decides to go, Schafenacker wants to contribute early. "My goal is to make the two-deep roster right away. Schafenacker described himself as having great footwork and aggressiveness. He added that he can run and pass block very well from the guard position."

Reaction Score
Over the last month I have really grown to like Lagow allot... operating from his home in Texas, he is really showing some leadership skills. Let’s hope his chat with Schafenacker worked…

Hell... he's otta be sure he has some protection on the o-line (6-4 285). He has a vested interest! ;)

pj

Reaction Score
Great to see him recruiting for us! We need Schafenacker big time!

Reaction Score
Over the last month I have really grown to like Lagow allot... operating from his home in Texas, he is really showing some leadership skills. Let’s hope his chat with Schafenacker worked…

I completely agree with you. Love the way the young man interacts with fans and fellow recruits in this class. Has a great enthusiasm for the game and uconn.

Reaction Score
Ok he will basically be decidin between a top 40 university and a too 150 university. Not worried as long as they don't take him to the mons Venus or the original hooters we are fine

pj

Reaction Score
Hopefully UConn just offered Kempt for goodwill, without seriously trying to bring him in. I would far rather have Lagow than Kempt.

Reaction Score
Article on Rivals about Schafenacker USF visit. Says he was impressed with USF campus and coaches but he re-affirmed he is still a UConn verbal commit and will be visiting campus this upcoming weekend so looks like we are still in good shape with him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Article on Rivals about Schafenacker USF visit. Says he was impressed with USF campus and coaches but he re-affirmed he is still a UConn verbal commit and will be visiting campus this upcoming weekend so looks like we are still in good shape with him.

So let's hope it warms up! This weather will kill a FL kid.

Reaction Score
So let's hope it warms up! This weather will kill a FL kid.

I don't think weather will be an issue, I would think if you're a lineman, you want to get used to playing in any weather, and we also have an indoor practice facility, that helps a lot.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Scout has him now listed as a soft verbal. Hopefully this visit will do the trick.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Scout has him now listed as a soft verbal. Hopefully this visit will do the trick.

That's scouts policy, whenevr a committed recruit takes a visit, they are changed to soft verbal

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
High temp in Orlando on Saturday - 78 degrees.
High temp in Storrs on Saturday - 18 degrees.

I just committed to the University of South Florida.

Reaction Score
Maybe we can have SouthTampaBill meet him at USF at some point....then he will definitely come to Storrs to get away from that guy.

Reaction Score
USF just landed former GT commit OG Jeremi Hall, as of right now, they have 3 OG's and 2 OT's committed. I think USF is all set with their OL recruiting. I think we can stand down for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom