Scared of NC? W.T.Hell? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scared of NC? W.T.Hell?

Are you nervous about the NC state game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have linebackers that appear to be running wild like rabid dogs salivating blood from their mouths dripping from their helmets while looking for a QB to squash and naw on

Personally, I think the LBs will be good this year. But . . . they were "rabid dogs" against UMass - not a team of athletes like NC State has on their roster. Imagine how good they'd have look against Trinity - using that logic. The talent upgrade this week will be significant and it remains to be seen if UConn is as good or better than those players lining up for the 'Pack. Let's hope we see the same level of dominance this week as in game 1.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
welcome to the board cody j! as for ncst? i think we should hang 60 on them. how have the tob vs pp matchups gone in the past, anyone know?

Reaction Score
welcome to the board cody j! as for ncst? i think we should hang 60 on them. how have the tob vs pp matchups gone in the past, anyone know?

there's a bit of history between the coaches. I think the last time they squared up with programs, was the Cuse @ BC game late season in 2003 or 2004........Cusewon, and kept BC out of a big post season game. I doubt if sentimental value has anything here though in 2012 with UConn v. NCState. They both respect each other, and know how each other prepares.

UMass D was very well prepared last week too. P had more history with that coaching staff on the defensive side, than he's got with TOB as HC. I think the most important thing that came out of DeLeone's talk to the media about the offense yesterday, is that what we're doing on offense with McCummings package, is making it hard for defenses to come at us as the buzzword now is "multiple". The DC at UMass, could be looked at essentially as an offspring of Don Brown.

Preparing for an offense like we're running with that pacakge for McCummings in addition to the traditional pro-set, makes it very difficult for a defense to be anythign but 'vanilla' in their approach, and as we saw with the second interception last week, we most definitely have a QB with talent, but still - a freshmen QB who now has 1 whole game of experience at 1-A, that clearly has some blind spots on the field to clear up.

Keeping a defense 'vanilla' and unable to disguise what they're bringing, most certainly helps a freshman QB develop.

I don't think NC States D is going to be able to do a lot of different things against us, and if they do start a multiple approach, we'll go after them with McCummings package, in high dosages, and that sonic boom sound in the distance, I'll be hearing from my seats in the stands at rentschler, will be the collective heads of boneyarders exploding in unison.

The only thing that matters is victory.

NC State will be a well prepared team, but we'll be well prepared too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
there's a bit of history between the coaches. I think the last time they squared up with programs, was the Cuse @ BC game late season in 2003 or 2004........Cusewon, and kept BC out of a big post season game.

The greatest win in Orange history, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone is scared ... but they'd be foolish not to respect NC State. Two OOC QB's viewed as less talented than Glennon came to the Rent last year and ripped UCONN to shreds. As one of my favorite black balled coaches of all time Ted Nolan would say "Anyone can have the will to win ... but who will have the will to PREPARE?

However ... I remember walking into the Rent in '08 about to face UVA ... a few of my buddies were telling me what a tough game it would be. Without hesitating I said "This one will be over by halftime!"

And speaking of repect ... I may have lost all mine for Syracuse ... but damnit if I will always remember ... DIAMOND FERRI!!!

Reaction Score
Scared is a trigger word, you can't expect a real debate when you use it. The two issues that concern me is their D-line vs. our O-line. Will our QB get time? Whitmer is not a concern. He threw more good balls in one game than we've seen in years. Another concern is their RB's. They looked tough to bring down to me last week. Let's hope our guys wrap 'em up.
"Scared" is provocative isnt it ;-) works like a charm

Reaction Score
The only fear is running out of brew during the game like I did vs umass.

Reaction Score
but damnit if I will always remember ... DIAMOND FERRI!!!
Don't look now, but I think Diamond Ferri just scored another touchdown!!!

Reaction Score
Waquoit is right about the line play being key. One other thing is whether under pressure Whitmer reverts to past bad habits of gunning the short passes causing them to bounce off our receivers hands and turned into pick six's. Picture Michael Smith trying to handle the rocket from Zach in Fiesta Bowl that went the other way. We need to catch the ball, whatever it's velocity. That's our challenge.

Reaction Score
Ok gloves need to come off. I just watched a replay of Tom obrien pressed for the nc state game. T.o. Was very respectful toward uconn and revered our coaching staff. However the reporters think little of us. They asked "how will it compare playing a good sec team to a not so good big east team". Then when obrien reminded him that a lot of these players have bcs bowl experience the reporter reminded him they got killed in the bcs bowl by the way.

I really hope the big east rises up in these out of conference games the next few weeks vs acc and lets ram it down their throats publicly. Yes we need to gloat a little. We already have more bcs bowl victories than them and have had more top ten finishes but we need to get the recognition we deserve. Hope the boys play do or die. Not sure if beating nc state really will prove anything but winning ooc games and proving yourselves is all we can do.

Reaction Score
I don't have any feel for this one. Kept hearing a lot about NCState then they sort of laid an egg against a pretty mediocre Tennessee team the other night. Just my gut is that if we win we win big. Maybe 35-10 type score. I don't think we lose big but I'd be worried if it is one of those 13-10 type affairs. if there are lots of points put up I like our chances since I think we can make a stop if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom