SCar v Stanford-who do you WANT to win? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SCar v Stanford-who do you WANT to win?

Do you want SCar or Stanford to win tonight?

• South Carolina

Votes: 32 22.4%
  • Stanford

Votes: 111 77.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Massey has UConn as 10-point favorites against both teams, with an 83% chance of beating Stanford and an 82% chance of beating South Carolina. (Sagarin has UConn with a 14-point advantage over Stanford and an 11-point advantage over SC.) Despite the marginally better chances against Stanford, I would prefer that UConn play South Carolina to avoid having Lou play against her older sister. I think that there is a possibility that it could detract from Lou's game, not to mention the endless shots of her father and family. But, first things first with a victory tonight.

I hope GENO isn't looking as far past Miss St as all the Uconn fans on this thread are doing. Got to beat Miss to get to either USC or Stanford. From what I have seen the Miss game will not be a gimme. Yet I picked Stanford as the team I want UC to play---the Karlie/KLS confrontation may be bad for both of them--too many emotions--too much attention on them--too many expectation (in their heads) it could negate either of them or both. That's the last thing UC needs for this time of the year--KLS not on he top game.

Reaction Score
Voted South Carolina. People voting to face Stanford are nuts and have short memories. At least with South Carolina we've actually been successful and the matchup is Wilson plus a bunch of inconsistent guards/forwards. Would much rather face that than a Tara coached team that will be full of players banking in 3s from NBA range. Plus we'd have one of our starters that "wouldn't know what she would do" if she had to play against her sister.

Geno has said that he would rather play opponents that he hadn't yet played this year. What scares him, he said, are the teams they've already beaten.

Reaction Score
I really hope Stanford wins. Assuming we beat Miss State, I don't SC would create all that much excitement. We would be heavily favored and would beat them handily, just like every other time we've played them.

But with Stanford think of all the drama. The opportunity for Stanford to bookend our streak, and them having the history and credibility to actually do it. Tara being ahead of Geno in the all-time wins race to pass Pat. Two loving sisters trying to rip each others' hearts out in front of their well-publicized family - and us being hugely emotionally invested in one of them. I really hope this happens!

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I'd slightly go with Stanford. Mostly because of their amazing campus. If you have never walked from the Palo Alto train station to the main campus, you have missed out on something spectacular. The Cardinal does have a big negative that has nothing to do with sisters...the idea of a bookending streakbuster makes me a little nervous. Stanford won't be afraid of UConn. SC remains to be seen because they have played that way before. The case, in my head, for SC is that you would like your national team coach to win when possible.

As an aside, should the Huskies lose tonight, I am rooting for HailState most definitely because of Morgan and Victoria.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Voted South Carolina. People voting to face Stanford are nuts and have short memories. At least with South Carolina we've actually been successful and the matchup is Wilson plus a bunch of inconsistent guards/forwards. Would much rather face that than a Tara coached team that will be full of players banking in 3s from NBA range. Plus we'd have one of our starters that "wouldn't know what she would do" if she had to play against her sister.

Oh I don't dispute that Stanford will be the scariest opponent and Tara can gameplan with the best of them but I like her players more and can't root for SC.

Reaction Score
Stanford. I want to see the sisters play each other and Tara would have the team well prepared.

Reaction Score
Geno has said that he would rather play opponents that he hadn't yet played this year. What scares him, he said, are the teams they've already beaten.

Yes. I share Geno's feelings on this.

When the tournament began I felt sure that we would have to face one or more of the
good teams (ND, S. Carolina, Baylor, Maryland, FSU, Texas) that we had already beaten.
Now we may win the National Championship without having played any of them -
something I would have thought extremely unlikely.

Reaction Score
Do you guys want to see the sisters play each other or win a championship more? I'm thinking some of you guys just want this novelty thing of having sister v. sister. Just think if the fans are this conflicted, what Lou will be thinking if it comes to fruition.

Reaction Score
Do you guys want to see the sisters play each other or win a championship more? I'm thinking some of you guys just want this novelty thing of having sister v. sister. Just think if the fans are this conflicted, what Lou will be thinking if it comes to fruition.
Exactly, the first (and only) objective is to win the championship game. All of the other issues, such as sister vs sister, bookends to the winning streak, etc., are irrelevant. Let's hope that they win tonight and are focused on the primary task on Monday.

Reaction Score

Yes - I'd much rather beat Mississippi State tonight and then win a Championship w/o the sister-sister drama - the endless talking about it during the game (you know that will happen) and the shots of their Dad looking uncomfortable.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Yes - I'd much rather beat Mississippi State tonight and then win a Championship w/o the sister-sister drama - the endless talking about it during the game (you know that will happen) and the shots of their Dad looking uncomfortable.

We are going to see the dad shots no matter what.

Reaction Score
Aja Wilson clearly the best player on the floor. Only trouble is, freshman pg Harris finds herself in FF playing a team with a great coach.

Reaction Score
So I get it. Predictably most yarders want Stanford to win. Many want this because of the sister distraction, others because of some animus towards the other coach, others for some historical payback and still others because they think the Cardinal will be an easier opponent in the finals. I want South Carolina to win because the rich kids have enough of an advantage to start with. I believe in public education.

Reaction Score
If I would have seen this earlier, I still would have picked South Carolina.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You are rooting against UCONN???? That is a no no on this board!

No.... I am rooting for Dawn Staley.... been a fan of hers since she played for UVA back in the 1980s

Reaction Score
This is the year of upsets. I am pulling for Dawn Staley as well. I'm not an A'ja Wilson fan but I would love to see Staley elevate their program to the elite status.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom