SC UConn tomorrow remember this | The Boneyard

SC UConn tomorrow remember this

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Paige is in charge and you can bet on that. Im sick and tired of reading all these negative posts. We've played 3 games and we beat them last year with just about the same team. Now we have a better bench. An inexperienced bench but a better bench. Remember this Paige is in charge and stop worrying.

Reaction Score
We all now have an inkling of what Marie Antoinette felt the evening before the worst day in her life. Of course no one will literally die tomorrow, but the metaphoric blows may be almost as painful. For example, it is said that athletic contests can be a metaphor for life. The success or failure of our favorite teams can impact our existence in proportion to the degree of investment we have in the outcome. And we UConn fans are nothing if not rabid. We simply regard ourselves as the best fans in the world, and we have good cause. So far.

Certainly we were led up to this season with visions of sugar plums, the expectation that we would have ringside seats for viewing a team for the ages. In addition to the very good group we had last season (all of whom were returning), we were adding players of impeccable credentials. Having nearly reached the apex of wcbb, this year we would get there. No other team would come close.

Ah, but the fickle finger of fortune seems to have turned thumbs down. At least Marie knew what would happen to her; we do not know (yet).

And that's a good thing. We can win tomorrow if only we can act like who we really are: a deep, talented, motivated, well-prepared team. We shouldn't count on CW going off for 31, or Paige going off for 34, or Azzi emerging at last to rain 3's on an unsuspecting group of Gamecockies. We need something from everyone. Let's not lose our heads.

Reaction Score
Today's game was not indicative of this years team. Meghan Culmo used to call games against USF and UCF rock fights. Both teams' strategies were to slow down the offense with physical play and wait around for maybe a chance to beat them. Jose Fernadez is usually able to slow the pace, but has never beat Geno. If the game becomes a track meet, USF would never have a chance.

Tomorrow we will see the real UConn team play.

Reaction Score
SC will dominate the post. UConn will need an exceptional shooting performance to win.Tough to win this way. Geno made his bed. Now he has sleep in it.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wow NOON on a Monday. Don't see that too often.

Reaction Score
SC will dominate the post. UConn will need an exceptional shooting performance to win.Tough to win this way. Geno made his bed. Now he has sleep in it.
Let us not forget one thing when it comes to “making beds” just because Geno recruits a kid doesn’t mean they will come !!! Case A: Boston. EVERYONE wanted her at UConn except the one person who mattered, Boston !! How is this Geno’s bed-making problem ????

Reaction Score
Wow NOON on a Monday. Don't see that too often.
When Geno was interviewed after the game he talked about "tomorrow night" for THE GAME. Maybe he knows something.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sooner or later you’ve face the top dog. That’s true for South Carolina and it’s true for us. One of us is going to walk away with a W, but the other one is going to get a great lesson and what they need to work on.

Reaction Score
Sooner or later you’ve face the top dog. That’s true for South Carolina and it’s true for us. One of us is going to walk away with a W, but the other one is going to get a great lesson and what they need to work on.
True. Geno says there is no point thinking you are bigger than the game. If we win great, if we lose, we will win eventually.

Reaction Score
Also remember broadcasting has been moved to ESPN

Attachments

• 62225DC2-B50E-4DD5-A7A7-247C77A911CA.jpeg
    62225DC2-B50E-4DD5-A7A7-247C77A911CA.jpeg
    877.3 KB · Views: 136
Reaction Score
Well if you lose we won’t have to worry about a rematch cuz your team is going to just walk into the ocean, right?

I hope the game lives up to what we all think it will be. You’ve got Geno with all the great 3 pt shooters and the beautiful offense against Dawn and all the great post players and the run them into the lane, muck it up defense. What gives? Dawn has been playing Amihere with 2 other bigs a lot during this tournament. She also sat Aliyah a lot during The start of the year to develop Amihere and Cardoso. Tomorrow will be fun. I would wish you good luck but I really hope your guards throw up bricks all day. ;) I do honestly pray that both teams get through it injury free. It will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Well if you lose we won’t have to worry about a rematch cuz your team is going to just walk into the ocean, right?

I hope the game lives up to what we all think it will be. You’ve got Geno with all the great 3 pt shooters and the beautiful offense against Dawn and all the great post players and the run them into the lane, muck it up defense. What gives? Dawn has been playing Amihere with 2 other bigs a lot during this tournament. She also sat Aliyah a lot during The start of the year to develop Amihere and Cardoso. Tomorrow will be fun. I would wish you good luck but I really hope your guards throw up bricks all day. ;) I do honestly pray that both teams get through it injury free. It will be interesting.
I hate the muck it up games. When you have scores like 11-2 after 1, or 28-25 at half time you are doing no service to the game.

Reaction Score
Tired of negative posts? Why? Does everyone have to be a cheerleader? What kind of a message board would this be if we all were waving our Pom Poms and not pointing out some poor play? This team with their unmatched talent has underperformed. What’s wrong with pointing that out? Tomorrow May be a different story. They may play up to their potential and prove they are the best team in the land. It’s certainly possible with this roster. I will root for UCONN as I always do. I will applaud the good play and will point out the poor play. I don’t view that as negative.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Today's game was not indicative of this years team. Meghan Culmo used to call games against USF and UCF rock fights. Both teams' strategies were to slow down the offense with physical play and wait around for maybe a chance to beat them. Jose Fernadez is usually able to slow the pace, but has never beat Geno. If the game becomes a track meet, USF would never have a chance.

Tomorrow we will see the real UConn team play.
No we won't.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Tired of negative posts? Why? Does everyone have to be a cheerleader? What kind of a message board would this be if we all were waving our Pom Poms and not pointing out some poor play? This team with their unmatched talent has underperformed. What’s wrong with pointing that out? Tomorrow May be a different story. They may play up to their potential and prove they are the best team in the land. It’s certainly possible with this roster. I will root for UCONN as I always do. I will applaud the good play and will point out the poor play. I don’t view that as negative.
Underperformed after only three games. Wow!!! That is definitely a positive comment. By the way, it's Pom Pons, not Pom Poms.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I hate the muck it up games. When you have scores like 11-2 after 1, or 28-25 at half time you are doing no service to the game.
I like muck it up games if my team wins. Two coaches - two different strategies.

Reaction Score
Win or Lose tomorrow, both UConn and SC with be fine. Just a meaningless regular season game in the Bahamas. Win or lose I'm sure both teams will go to the beach after the game and have some fun.
What if the South Carolina players go home and study for their engineering, chemistry, physics, or biology exams? That doesn't sound like fun lol.

Reaction Score
What if the South Carolina players go home and study for their engineering, chemistry, physics, or biology exams? That doesn't sound like fun lol.
Studying engineering, physics, chemistry.................................. is loads of fun.
Underperformed after only three games. Wow!!! That is definitely a positive comment. By the way, it's Pom Pons, not Pom Poms.:rolleyes:
We're talking about a team that has been to 12 consecutive final fours. Can't do much better than that. I think UConn will be just fine.

Reaction Score
Yes 3 games. All 3. And someone better tell every store in the world that sells Pom Poms that they are spelling it wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom