SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 22 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I’m shocked that Kitts is starting. There’s no way she’s the 5th best player on the team
I don't think who starts is really a big deal. Dawn uses her bench as a second starting 5. They all play and the minutes are spread around. The girls want the minutes and that's what they are getting. This is not your typical bench.....

Reaction Score
I'm really curious what blocks Watkins' minutes in Staley's mind.

To my eyes she plays the best defense, and is a sure hand offensively.

Reaction Score
I'm really curious what blocks Watkins' minutes in Staley's mind.

To my eyes she plays the best defense, and is a sure hand offensively.
I think it's mental lapses. She can get caught ball watching. But I agree, she is who I would choose to pair with Cardoso in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
While I can clearly see why Chloe started and Ashlyn got plenty of minutes, Feagin still looked impressive in her minutes she played and can score effortlessly sometimes. I think the trio of those 3 will be very good for us though regardless.

Reaction Score
I think it has more to do with what Dawn wants to see out of that position. Feagin and Watkins are better athletes but Kitts has the hustle and is better at blocking out and getting rebounds. She makes the effort plays that Feagin and Watkins sometimes just don't do.
That’s it.

Reaction Score
South Carolina!!!
Mixed Martial Arts Wow GIF by Piñata Farms: The Meme App

Reaction Score
Let teams try to double Cardoso in the paint. With Raven, Paopao, Bree, and MiLaysia out on the perimeter, South Carolina got some snipers! Holy smokes!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is now looking like Columbia--North. Lots of Gamecock fan visitors!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't think who starts is really a big deal. Dawn uses her bench as a second starting 5. They all play and the minutes are spread around. The girls want the minutes and that's what they are getting. This is not your typical bench.....

I think Kitts fit in really well tonight as the 5th starter. She didn't look like the 5th best player on the team but she played her role well and did a good job.

Bringing in Watkins/Fulwiley off the bench as an explosion of energy (burst isn't a strong enough word) that can just overpower opponents. And if Watkins struggles with consistency, having her play in short stretches will keep intensity and impact high. Same with Feagin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom