SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I guess we are playing for the State of North Carolina Championship this season. Carolina vs the fighting Doris Dukes(RIP) and the Tarholes of UCheat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here is the OOC schedule

That’s a gauntlet of a schedule but I’d expect nothing less from Dawn.

Appears that the Stanford backout was replaced with a school I think is most likely to beat them for the PAC — Utah.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Appears that the Stanford backout was replaced with a school I think is most likely to beat them for the PAC — Utah.
Especially for a young team.

Reaction Score

Umm...wow! Ashlynn can reach 11 feet after her first off-season of training with Molly. Most freakish athlete in WCBB? :eek:

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So I guess we are playing for the State of North Carolina Championship this season. Carolina vs the fighting Doris Dukes(RIP) and the Tarholes of UCheat.

Yall got some catching up to do :oops:

Trust me, I'm trying to play nice.... But....

Reaction Score
Short film by Te-Hina mostly showing her off season, away from campus, training regime as she prepares to be a Gamecock (including a shared workout w/ Hailey Van Lith). Little bit of Gamecock related footage at the very end as the credits rolled.

Thanks for posting this. This was fire. I've been a fan of Te-hina since her freshman year at Oregon. She's dealt with a lot of injuries both in high school and college but she's been pretty productive when she's been on the court. It's hard to replace a WNBA first round pick, I guess SC will be replacing multiple, but as far as at the guard spot I think Paopao will be ready to step right in. Like I think she may surprise a lot of ppl. She made a team usa team over Olivia Miles and on that team was probably their best defensive guard. Granted they smashed everyone but still.

Reaction Score
I think this team will be better than a lot of people think. Most of these girls have been practicing against WNBA talent every day for the past couple of years. We added some exciting pieces - I think we could be a lot more balanced. Cant wait for the season to start.

Reaction Score
I think this team will be better than a lot of people think. Most of these girls have been practicing against WNBA talent every day for the past couple of years. We added some exciting pieces - I think we could be a lot more balanced. Cant wait for the season to start.
agreed.

Reaction Score
Boston carried the team and the coach for 4 years. Made others look better for just being on the court & demanding attention. Shameful that Boston only won 1 chip with her dominance. Expect a big void that will be hard to fill.

Reaction Score
Boston carried the team and the coach for 4 years. Made others look better for just being on the court & demanding attention. Shameful that Boston only won 1 chip with her dominance. Expect a big void that will be hard to fill.

That’s what great players do but SC and Dawn will adjust just like she’s done before. Stay tuned though and continue to sleep you and everyone else doubting is going to be surprised..

Reaction Score
Shameful? She went 127-9 in her 4 years and played in the Final Four every year of her career ( that aa tournament was held.)

Your ignorance or prejudice is showing. She led us to one championship and two one loss season. In one of those 1-loss seasons, she did not have an opportunity to compete for a championship because there was no tournament. In the second 1- loss season we suffered a final four loss to a team with a hot hand.

Remember UConn’s Final Four loss to MsSt? Shameful? No. Have all their years since then been “shameful? Should Geno be ashamed that they “only” made it to final fours so many years? No, That’s sports. .the best team doesn’t always win the championship.

“Disappointing” to us and her? Yeah. A bit

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I wish I could dislike this still.

Reaction Score
I find this discourse on Boston to be hilarious because it's like deja vu with A'ja.

1.There's the initial high praise of them in high school b as recruits but as soon as they commit elsewhere the conversation changes about how great they will be in some circles.

2. Then once they make some noise in college then they are finally give credit as great players but are not considered generational talent because they aren't versatile enough.

3. They make waves in the WNBA and then the same naysayers doubt if Dawn can succeed without them.

This same discourse happened in 2018 and South Carolina has been on the incline ever since.

Reaction Score

The game with Utah was already scheduled as part of the Basketball Hall of Fame Showcase Classic in Uncasville, CT. The teams were announced for this year's Classic back in the middle of June. So the Gamecocks would have played both Stanford AND Utah had Stanford not backed out. The two games that apparently replaced Stanford and Charleston Southern were Mississippi Valley State and Morgan State........

Reaction Score
Shameful? She went 127-9 in her 4 years and played in the Final Four every year of her career ( that aa tournament was held.)

Your ignorance or prejudice is showing. She led us to one championship and two one loss season. In one of those 1-loss seasons, she did not have an opportunity to compete for a championship because there was no tournament. In the second 1- loss season we suffered a final four loss to a team with a hot hand.

Remember UConn’s Final Four loss to MsSt? Shameful? No. Have all their years since then been “shameful? Should Geno be ashamed that they “only” made it to final fours so many years? No, That’s sports. .the best team doesn’t always win the championship.

“Disappointing” to us and her? Yeah. A bit
Yeah I agree with this. I really liked last years team. They were pretty dominant and had a great year and even tho SC is not my team I still have days where I think about how they really should've beat Iowa (such a close game). Imo last year's team should remembered as one of the best college teams that just didn't win. There are several teams in this category, and the fans will always have a place in their heart for those teams.
Lastly, I think it may be sports radio and debate shows, but across sports I think ppl take for granted how hard it is to be the last team standing. So many all time great players never one rings, especially in college and it's quite rare even for the great one's to win more than one. I mean Britney Grinder won 1, Skylar Diggins did not win one. Larry Bird didn't win any, Jordan won 1 his freshman year and never returned to the championship game.

Reaction Score
Are there any official visits today? I checked social media for certain recruits and saw nothing.

Reaction Score
Are there any official visits today? I checked social media for certain recruits and saw nothing.
Adhel Tac apparently visiting USC.

IMG_5806.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wow. I just checked her twitter. Saw nothing. Lol
VERY brief clip on okayy_nxerro IG account’s stories. I shouldn’t have used ‘apparently’. She is on campus, and wearing a #24 GC jersey in the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom