SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Disagree still strong program with a decent our of conference schedule so will get sone exposure.
How much exposure did they get from conference network doesn’t seem much from east coast

Reaction Score
I said last week that A’ja and Kiah were reminding me of the A’ja/Alaina days - well, here we go! Been hoping to see this reunion for a few years. :)

I am happy for Alaina, and am wishing her well. Over these past years, she’s struggled with mental health, so it’s nice to see her in a good space and place at this moment.

Reaction Score
Disagree still strong program with a decent our of conference schedule so will get sone exposure.
How much exposure did they get from conference network doesn’t seem much from east coast
@Zanzman Then whats the pitch to a recruit ? If you are Call or Stanford now. Out of conference schedule is only 1/3 of a teams scheduled games

Reaction Score
Opinion? Stanford being in the dissolving PAC-12 now taken itself out of the Joyce Edwards sweepstakes? Did i go too far? Yeah they still have the Academics but now- no viewership or conference.
I suspect Duke will be the strongest challenge to SC for Edwards.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

20210313_234319.jpg

Interesting

Reaction Score
Idk Duke has Fournier from this same class, unless they’re going to play her as a small 5.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Idk Duke has Fournier from this same class, unless they’re going to play her as a small 5.

Hey hey hey... Can't a brother get ar least a few hours of hppe?

Reaction Score
@Zanzman Then whats the pitch to a recruit ? If you are Call or Stanford now. Out of conference schedule is only 1/3 of a teams scheduled games
Stanford is still stanford education wise and lets see where they end up conference wise before we write them off .when Tara retires all bets are off

Reaction Score
Kennedy Umeh apparently sees nothing wrong with Stanford’s situation. Does Stanford getting a post make the Cardinal more or less attractive to Edwards? USC no doubt wants to add a post to lay next to Edwards themselves if they can get her.

Personally, I don’t see Joyce going to Stanford.

Reaction Score
Kennedy Umeh apparently sees nothing wrong with Stanford’s situation. Does Stanford getting a post make the Cardinal more or less attractive to Edwards? USC no doubt wants to add a post to lay next to Edwards themselves if they can get her.

Personally, I don’t see Joyce going to Stanford.

Honestly I think SC needs to snag Joyce and then try recruiting one of Awa Fam 6’4” from Spain or Dominique Malonga 6’6” from France. Both have A TON of upside. Fam played in the U19 against Kitts and Malonga would’ve been there as well but she’s was returning from injury. What do y’all think? UConn went the international route and got a very good Forward out of Egypt. I think SC should do the same especially since there aren’t that many bigs in 2025 class.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think SC needs to snag Joyce and then try recruiting one of Awa Fam 6’4” from Spain or Dominique Malonga 6’6” from France. Both have A TON of upside. Fam played in the U19 against Kitts and Malonga would’ve been there as well but she’s was returning from injury. What do y’all think? UConn went the international route and got a very good Forward out of Egypt. I think SC should do the same especially since there aren’t that many bigs in 2025 class.

Reaction Score

yup watch the championship game I was looking to see her top colleges

Reaction Score
yup watch the championship game I was looking to see her top colleges
She’s a professional but I don’t think she’s getting paid so she can definitely be recruited and I’m sure some coaches have reached out I just hope Dawn was one of them. Her teammate Carla Brito played against us at USF in the tournament and Jose loves international kids so I’m sure he’s recruiting her too. Interesting to see if she wants to just play professionally there or come to the States to play in college.

Reaction Score

Fam should come to play for South Carolina just based on her last name!

Malonga seems like another Britney Griner in the making with a little bit of a thinner frame like Amihere. She has some really long arms.

I'd be happy if either decided to come to South Carolina and frankly they both look like better prospects than a lot of the 5* bigs in the 24 class. Malonga particularly looks like a top 3 recruit up there with Joyce Edwards and Jaloni Cambridge.

Reaction Score

I was so impressed with Fam at U19. I wonder what her thoughts on playing Collegiately are.

Malonga, however, I think is a lock for the first WNBA Draft that she’s eligible for.

Reaction Score

Fam definitely caught my eye during the U19 WC and Malonga looks fantas as well. Both would be tremendous gets. Complication is they can go to the W at age 20. Never been sure how much investment USC places in recruiting overseas talent.

I recall Jolette showing up in Italy for a U19 WC tourney one year. I was hoping she was there for Magbegor. Of course LA was also playing that tourney and she was likely the priority (N. American) international player Law was there for.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still waiting on our birdie to chirp. It’s been a while.
Wonder if we’re waiting for the new school year to start up to have one of those announcement ceremonies in front of her schoolmates.

Reaction Score
Wonder if we’re waiting for the new school year to start up to have one of those announcement ceremonies in front of her schoolmates.
Madisen McDaniel is announcing at the UA game on Saturday. I think it is her.

Reaction Score
Fam definitely caught my eye during the U19 WC and Malonga looks fantas as well. Both would be tremendous gets. Complication is they can go to the W at age 20. Never been sure how much investment USC places in recruiting overseas talent.

I recall Jolette showing up in Italy for a U19 WC tourney one year. I was hoping she was there for Magbegor. Of course LA was also playing that tourney and she was likely the priority (N. American) international player Law was there for.

I was never a fan of HS level kids going straight to the WNBA, even if they’re playing professionally in their countries. I feel like NCAA would prepare them much better for the level of competition than international play. Sika Kone for example is a killer for Mali and had a fantastic season playing in Spain last year and got here to the States and started playing with Chicago Sky and she’s was solid to start the season but you could tell there’s so much more to learn for her because she’s not used to the talent level here stateside. I felt the same about Magbegor. If she attended College here I suspect she would be a dominant player by now instead of just being very good.

Reaction Score

Well. Coach Staley was in Madrid for a few days during the World Cup U19

Reaction Score

Coach Walvius had and international player strategy. The level of recruit she could get was not SEC worthy though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom