SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This thread seems a bit dead, so I'll present some great news for the Palmetto State... (it is the off season)

Biscuitville is invading Lower Carolina.... Lemme recommend a meal. Go for the ultimate sausage biscuit combo... Thats two sausage patties... A fried egg... And two pieces of american cheese. I would add a slab of jalapeño pimento cheese to the biscuit. Get a side of country fries.. Ask for them to top them with sausage gravy... And get some Duke's mayo to dip them in. You have to get a Cheerwiine for the drink. If u think u can handle it... Add a honey bun for dessert. TRUST me... I would never steer you guys wrong (at least not on purpose)

Back to basketball... When are yall going to release the non conference schedule? Im trying to see something

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Map.png

Reaction Score
This thread seems a bit dead, so I'll present some great news for the Palmetto State... (it is the off season)

Biscuitville is invading Lower Carolina.... Lemme recommend a meal. Go for the ultimate sausage biscuit combo... Thats two sausage patties... A fried egg... And two pieces of american cheese. I would add a slab of jalapeño pimento cheese to the biscuit. Get a side of country fries.. Ask for them to top them with sausage gravy... And get some Duke's mayo to dip them in. You have to get a Cheerwiine for the drink. If u think u can handle it... Add a honey bun for dessert. TRUST me... I would never steer you guys wrong (at least not on purpose)

Back to basketball... When are yall going to release the non conference schedule? Im trying to see something

Good to see they’re hitting the cultural centers of the state first.

Reaction Score
I feel like Sania has a really high ceiling -- like A'ja Wilson or Nneka Ogwumike. I think we'll start seeing glimpses of that this season.
Agreed. Her ability to rise and shoot over defenders is pro like.

Reaction Score
I said last week that A’ja and Kiah were reminding me of the A’ja/Alaina days - well, here we go! Been hoping to see this reunion for a few years. :)

Reaction Score
What's everyone's picks for the starting 5 in game 1? It's almost a given that Cardoso and Breezy will start, though for Breezy it could be at the 2 or 3.

At PG I think Raven will start but she has some stiff competition in Paopao. Either way, I am confident both players will be averaging 20+ minutes a game because I can see Paopao splitting some time at SG.

SG is the most intriguing position and we could have a multitude of starters depending on what shakes up heading into the season. Will Paopao or Breezy split some time here? Will Lay or Tess give Dawn enough confidence to start one or the other over an experienced player? My gut says it will be Lay but it's anyone's game. This will be one of the more intriguing stories in the off-season leading up to the match up with Notre Dame.

And of course there is the stuff competition between Watkins and Feagin. I think Feagin will start but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way around.

My guess:
PG - Johnson
SG - Fulwiley
W - Hall
F - Feagin
C - Cardoso

I could see Dawn wanting more experience on the floor for that first game and switch out Fulwiley for Paopao or Hall. If Hall starts at SG then Kitts will probably be the starter at Wing. I think Fulwiley will eventually be the starter but it may take a few weeks of watching her in games for Dawn to make the switch.

Reaction Score
What's everyone's picks for the starting 5 in game 1? It's almost a given that Cardoso and Breezy will start, though for Breezy it could be at the 2 or 3.

At PG I think Raven will start but she has some stiff competition in Paopao. Either way, I am confident both players will be averaging 20+ minutes a game because I can see Paopao splitting some time at SG.

SG is the most intriguing position and we could have a multitude of starters depending on what shakes up heading into the season. Will Paopao or Breezy split some time here? Will Lay or Tess give Dawn enough confidence to start one or the other over an experienced player? My gut says it will be Lay but it's anyone's game. This will be one of the more intriguing stories in the off-season leading up to the match up with Notre Dame.

And of course there is the stuff competition between Watkins and Feagin. I think Feagin will start but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way around.

My guess:
PG - Johnson
SG - Fulwiley
W - Hall
F - Feagin
C - Cardoso

I could see Dawn wanting more experience on the floor for that first game and switch out Fulwiley for Paopao or Hall. If Hall starts at SG then Kitts will probably be the starter at Wing. I think Fulwiley will eventually be the starter but it may take a few weeks of watching her in games for Dawn to make the switch.
pg= raven
sg= pao pao
sf=breezy
pf=feagin
c= cardoso

first off bench
pg=fulwiley
sg= tessa
sf=kitts
pf= watkins
c=walker

I don't think fulwiley has the strength or stamina to start from day one plus the great A'ja Wilson didn't start as a freshman.

Reaction Score

My guess:
PG - Johnson
SG - Fulwiley
W - Hall
F - Feagin
C - Cardoso

PaoPao will be a starter from day one at SG. No question.

Reaction Score
Raven and Kamilla are locks at the 1 and 5. Paopao is also a lock to start. I’ll go with Sania at the 4 though it would not be a huge surprise if Ashlyn jumped in and started instead - just a small surprise.

I feel Fulwiley is the wild card. I believe she is no less prepared to be a starter from day one than Zia. If so, Paopao is my starter at the 3. For now I’ll stick with Breezy at the 3, which is also my hope as she’s impressed me since high school. She’s been a very willing defender and has looked more confident to take her shots on offense than Brea. She’ll have good competition though from Chloe and Milaysia for that last starting spot imo.

For now, I’ll go:
1. Raven
2. Te-Hina
3. Breezy
4. Sania
5. Kamilla

Reaction Score
Raven and Kamilla are locks at the 1 and 5. Paopao is also a lock to start. I’ll go with Sania at the 4 though it would not be a huge surprise if Ashlyn jumped in and started instead - just a small surprise.

I feel Fulwiley is the wild card. I believe she is no less prepared to be a starter from day one than Zia. If so, Paopao is my starter at the 3. For now I’ll stick with Breezy at the 3, which is also my hope as she’s impressed me since high school. She’s been a very willing defender and has looked more confident to take her shots on offense than Brea. She’ll have good competition though from Chloe and Milaysia for that last starting spot imo.

For now, I’ll go:
1. Raven
2. Te-Hina
3. Breezy
4. Sania
5. Kamilla
IMO Paopao is too short to play the 3. She is 5'9" which makes her tied with Raven for shortest player on the team. Her 3-point skills would be great in the wing but she would be a liability on defense.

Hmm now that I say that...I could see her and Breezy switching positions on defense and offense. So maybe it's a possibility but it would be at the cost of height, which I think will be an advantage (rebounding, etc.) again this season.

Reaction Score
IMO Paopao is too short to play the 3. She is 5'9" which makes her tied with Raven for shortest player on the team. Her 3-point skills would be great in the wing but she would be a liability on defense.

Hmm now that I say that...I could see her and Breezy switching positions on defense and offense. So maybe it's a possibility but it would be at the cost of height, which I think will be an advantage (rebounding, etc.) again this season.
I don't see why we couldn't go small at times if the player readiness at guard demands it, but I'd agree she woll primarily be the 2.

Reaction Score
Opinion? Stanford being in the dissolving PAC-12 now taken itself out of the Joyce Edwards sweepstakes? Did i go too far? Yeah they still have the Academics but now- no viewership or conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom