Wed, Dec 6vs Morgan St7:00 PM ETSEC Network +
Sun, Dec 10*vs (5) Utah2:30 PM ETESPN
Sat, Dec 16vs Presbyterian1:00 PM ETSEC Network +
Tue, Dec 19@ Bowling Green7:00 PM ETESPN+
Sat, Dec 30@ East Carolina12:00 PM ETESPN2

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dakota State? Did they merge the two states when I wasn't paying attention? :confused:

Anyway...lets go Clemson, Duke, Presbyterian, and East Carolina.

Hope yall can put Maryland and The Cheats under the building.

Reaction Score
Dakota State? Did they merge the two states when I wasn't paying attention? :confused:

The only designation that matter: SOUTH

Reaction Score
I just realized that 5 out of eleven Gamecocks will be playing in front of a Gamecock crowd for the first time in CLA against Maryland this Sunday.

Hope it’s full and rockin,.

Reaction Score
I just realized that 5 out of eleven Gamecocks will be playing in front of a Gamecock crowd for the first time in CLA against Maryland this Sunday.

It should be. Tiff getting her jersey retired plus ABC will be in the house.

Reaction Score

They played in front of a pretty big home crowd vs Rutgers.

Reaction Score
@HuskyNan could you add this to the “Gamecocks: Fall 2023 Non Conference Schedule” thread and then to eliminate confusion, change the title to “South Carolina Gamecocks 2023-24 Season Thread”? And w/o adding ‘merged thread’ to it if possible please. Thank you.

@visitingcock

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Judging by several of the Gamecocks IG stories, the team apparently has a team NIL deal with Firehouse Subs.

Jersey Mike's > Firehouse

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yay! So happy for Tiff. Much deserved. Still feels like yesterday I was watching her in that jersey.

Reaction Score
Sunday's game is going to be a very interesting matchup. I was looking at the Maryland roster and all but one player (5'10") are between 6' and 6'2". So basically they'll have five players on the court that range between 6' and 6'2" which means we may be undersized at guard but have a clear advantage at center. I could see them trying to pull Cardoso out of the paint on defense and posting up our guards to score.

I wonder if we will see a tall lineup this game with Feagin at the 3 and Hall at the 2. That would effectively neutralize Maryland's height on defense, but that means only one player between Fulwiley, Paopao and R. Johnson will be on the floor, probably resulting in some lapses on offense at times.

This is going to be a fun chess match to watch between CDS and Frese.

Reaction Score
Sunday's game is going to be a very interesting matchup. I was looking at the Maryland roster and all but one player (5'10") are between 6' and 6'2". So basically they'll have five players on the court that range between 6' and 6'2" which means we may be undersized at guard but have a clear advantage at center. I could see them trying to pull Cardoso out of the paint on defense and posting up our guards to score.

I wonder if we will see a tall lineup this game with Feagin at the 3 and Hall at the 2. That would effectively neutralize Maryland's height on defense, but that means only one player between Fulwiley, Paopao and R. Johnson will be on the floor, probably resulting in some lapses on offense at times.

This is going to be a fun chess match to watch between CDS and Frese.

I don’t see that. Our guards aren’t tall but they aren’t “small” either. Raven and PaoPao are buff! They won’t get backed down easy and Lay can defend shorter guards with her speed or bigger guards with her athleticism. She defended Citron and Prosper very well (she even had a big time block on Prosper) and both of them are bigger than and play bigger than the Maryland guards. I watched their game against Harvard and I will be surprised if the score isn’t pretty much same as ND or a larger deficit. They really miss Miller and Meyers (three level scoring Wings) who can also defend and rebound. We should dominate the post and if our guards are knocking down their shots to start it could get ugly early.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

The Fighting JackBison!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman