say WHAT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
No way, and faulty link.

Reaction Score
Radio host Tim Montemayor reported Wednesday that the Cornhuskers want to rejoin the Big 12.

Tim Montemayor @TheMontyShow
I was told today members of the #BIGXII are willing to let #OUwalk because Nebraska has expressed serious interest in rejoining league...

2:45 PM - 5 Oct 2016

#Nebraska believes they would have access to significant TV money in a new #BIGXII with Texas. #BYU #Hou and#Cincinnati would join

2:46 PM - 5 Oct 2016

I have heard for going on a year that #Nebraska enjoyed the revenue from the #BIG10 but does not feel their brand has benefited or grown

3:19 PM - 5 Oct 2016

Monty was formerly a radio show host in Salt Lake City and was plugged into things going on with BYU, which has interest in joining the new conference, along with Houston and Cincinnati.

Previously, Kansas State's Bill Snyder had said two former Big 12 members wanted to rejoin the conference. His comments over the summer seemed to hint that Nebraska wanted back in, so that would support this report.

Monty also says this new conference, if it were to form, would likely have a new name. He says there isalso some bitterness between rivals Texas and Oklahoma over the Longhorns' efforts to build this new conference, which might not include the Sooners.

Reaction Score
yes please. opens up a nice spot for us in the B1G

shizzle787

Reaction Score
yes please. opens up a nice spot for us in the B1G
The implication is that OU would go to the B1G.

Reaction Score

I don't see the Oklahoma government okaying them without OkSt. and I don't think the B1G wants anything to do with them, even with OU

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I don't see the Oklahoma government okaying them without OkSt. and I don't think the B1G wants anything to do with them, even with OU
The issue is that both have to be in power conferences, I don't believe it is that they necessarily have to be in the same power conference.

Reaction Score
OU fans were not hot on the B1G even with Nebraska
They saw it as a disaster for their old rival
When you look at the revenue stream of schools like Nebraska , mediocrity could be much more costly than the difference in media deals .
OU goes nowhere unless pushed out by Texas than has to be the SEC
They are attached at the hip with the state of Texas.

Reaction Score
Just a rehash of that Monty guy's report. Until someone legitimate reports it, it should be considered internet drivel.

Reaction Score
Nebraska leaving the B1G to go back to the B12? Somebody needs to check on Tim Montemayor to find what exactly he has been smoking. He better pass over the good stuff Head bang

Reaction Score
Leave a superior conference to go be with dysfunctional Texas. .. Just stupid

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Radio host Tim Montemayor reported Wednesday that the Cornhuskers want to rejoin the Big 12.

I was told today members of the #BIGXII are willing to let #OUwalk because Nebraska has expressed serious interest in rejoining league...

2:45 PM - 5 Oct 2016

#Nebraska believes they would have access to significant TV money in a new #BIGXII with Texas. #BYU #Hou and#Cincinnati would join

2:46 PM - 5 Oct 2016

I have heard for going on a year that #Nebraska enjoyed the revenue from the #BIG10 but does not feel their brand has benefited or grown

3:19 PM - 5 Oct 2016

Monty was formerly a radio show host in Salt Lake City and was plugged into things going on with BYU, which has interest in joining the new conference, along with Houston and Cincinnati.

Previously, Kansas State's Bill Snyder had said two former Big 12 members wanted to rejoin the conference. His comments over the summer seemed to hint that Nebraska wanted back in, so that would support this report.

Monty also says this new conference, if it were to form, would likely have a new name. He says there isalso some bitterness between rivals Texas and Oklahoma over the Longhorns' efforts to build this new conference, which might not include the Sooners.

Sure, there are some that people that want back in the Big12, but are they the ones that matter? There are many in the Big10 that want to kick out PSU, Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers to go back to the original 10. Those people don't get to make that decision either.

Nebraska was on a down slide well before they left the Big12. Losing the ability to take prop 48 kids and other issues hurt them more than moving any conference did. Nebraska was the King of the Big12 North and only had to deal with Oklahoma and occasionally Colorado in the Old Big8. Having a list of coaching hire failures doesn't help either.

I would love to keep Nebraska in the Big10, but if they want to go, more power to them. Would be really stupid on their part as they will have forsaken how much money to get full buy in next year?

Reaction Score
Sure, there are some that people that want back in the Big12, but are they the ones that matter? There are many in the Big10 that want to kick out PSU, Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers to go back to the original 10. Those people don't get to make that decision either.

Nebraska was on a down slide well before they left the Big12. Losing the ability to take prop 48 kids and other issues hurt them more than moving any conference did. Nebraska was the King of the Big12 North and only had to deal with Oklahoma and occasionally Colorado in the Old Big8. Having a list of coaching hire failures doesn't help either.

I would love to keep Nebraska in the Big10, but if they want to go, more power to them. Would be really stupid on their part as they will have forsaken how much money to get full buy in next year?

There is literally no universe where someone voluntarily moves out of the conference equivalent of a Park Avenue Penthouse into a dumpster full of used rubbers and razor blades. Like you have pointed out already Nebraska's Backslide has everything to do with the elimination of Prop 48's, a turn away from previous Soviet Era Olympic Training Methods, and the phasing out of their statewide walk on/scholarship program that allowed them to skirt scholarship limits by a huge margin. I have many reasons to loathe the Big Ten, but I'm not stupid enough to advocate leaving it. The future belongs to 2 conferences, and it is good business to be in one of them.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nebraska will return to the B-12 the day after Louisville returns to the AAC.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
We are just trying to get a piece of bread crust from the monsters at the top while other programs are speculating about switching between P5 conferences for the third time and no one seems to oppose it. Such is life in a football dominated world, Gosh I hate that sport now.

Reaction Score
Do not discount the role Pellini had in Nebraska's slide. He alienated about everyone he came in contact with - reputation of being a world class - much better with Riley. Folks like him, fball alum like him, players like him and they are having success.

We'll see how they do in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom