Saturday 9/3 Game Discussion | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Saturday 9/3 Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wyoming scores instantly in the second OT and then UNI makes a ridiculous catch and we go to OT3.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Overall, a fun first weekend for college football.

With BYU in relatively good shape for a Big 12 invite, Mendenhall has to be second guessing his decision to go to Virginia. UVa is where coaches' careers go to die, and Mendenhall has no institutional goodwill at UVa like he did at BYU.

Mike Leach with an ugly loss in Week 1.

The SEC was 3 plays away (Tennessee/App State, LT/Arkansas, UCLA/A&M) from a gruesome first weekend. Ole Miss can bring back some mojo for the league. Another week like this, and the SEC can kiss a second playoff bid goodbye, because there won't be enough quality wins in the league to get a 1 loss Georgia into the playoffs.

Assuming ND tunes up Texas tonight (a safe assumption), the Big 12 had a rocky start. The most realistic contender for a playoff spot go picked off by Houston, and #2 in the league was up 7 on the Jackrabbits in the 4th quarter. There is still time to make it up, but the league needs to pick up some quality non-league wins, otherwise it will need to have an undefeated team to even have a chance at a playoff spot. For those wondering, Iowa State is 2-2 against Northern Iowa in its last 4 meetings, with one of those Iowa State victories by 1 point.

Yeah people expected something decent out of Wazzu. That was a brutal loss.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not sure a game has ever ended later on the east coast than this. UNI has fourth and 5 from the 20 in OT3. Thankfully they missed. Can't wait to see how Wyoming keeps this alive.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That atmosphere is roughly 40-50% OU fans. I'd hope UH fans would be jacked up to have a top 5 team and one of the best programs in the country come into their hometown.

More like 20-25 percent. I was at the game.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wyomings QB ran about 60 yards to score from the 10 on third down. Thank God. Finally this game is over. Quite a 19 hour marathon from Dublin to Laramee.
You are quite the trooper for making it all the way until 4:30 just to watch the Wyoming game. Wish I had that dedication but two small kids make me exhausted by 8:30! I salute you sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom