Sarah Strong decision will be in a week it sounds like [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong decision will be in a week it sounds like [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Was just watching Sarah Strong get interviewed with Cooper Flagg on ESPN.

They asked her when she will decide and she said in a week or so. So it's close folks.

Of course they asked mens Duke commit Cooper Flagg to pitch her why she should go to Duke. Didn't sound too interesting to me ;)

Reaction Score
Was just watching Sarah Strong get interviewed with Cooper Flagg on ESPN.

They asked her when she will decide and she said in a week or so. So it's close folks.

Of course they asked mens Duke commit Cooper Flagg to pitch her why she should go to Duke. Didn't sound too interesting to me ;)
She also said Breanna Stewart was her favorite pro player to watch and who she wanted to emulate.

Doesn’t mean anything I suppose.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The regular NLI signing period starts April 17th, so she could be waiting for that or she might be waiting until right after the Championship game hullabaloo dies down?

Reaction Score
What if rumors of Kara leaving for Tennessee get more traction? I would think that would weigh heavily on her decision. Has she given any indication that she wants to play close to home in NC?

Reaction Score
What if rumors of Kara leaving for Tennessee get more traction? I would think that would weigh heavily on her decision. Has she given any indication that she wants to play close to home in NC?
She said in the interview above it was a big factor for her.

Reaction Score
Where Sarah decides to go is all conjecture and it appears that that question will be definitely decided fairly soon. In the mean time we can conjecture.

If the most important consideration is the best program (chance to get into a final four or win it all, program culture or whatever) that is close to home then UConn is out of it and life goes on. If the most important considerations are great culture and best chance to be in final fours and win championships, then UConn should have the advantage. Sarah should be impressed that UConn got at the very least into the final four with two freshman starters and no bench to speak of. She can play on a team with Paige. She can see the talent coming back from injuries and the talent of the incoming freshmen. Face it, UConn should be a monster of a team next year and among a very few teams that are preseason favorites to make it to a championship game. Neither Duke or Carolina are on that list. Her choice, home cooking or flashy rings.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong just based on this interview is a very serious young lady. I did not hear in that interview that playing close to home was very important. Yeah, I heard North Carolina Barbecue was her preference over Maine Lobster Rolls. But, truth be told, Connecticut has the best of both worlds, great lobster rolls, and great barbecue, and that is all before we even mention that CT has the best pizza. I don't think Sarah is buying into any of the hype...she seems like a very serious person who is going to make what she believes is the right decision for her.

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong just based on this interview is a very serious young lady. I did not hear in that interview that playing close to home was very important. Yeah, I heard North Carolina Barbecue was her preference over Maine Lobster Rolls. But, truth be told, Connecticut has the best of both worlds, great lobster rolls, and great barbecue, and that is all before we even mention that CT has the best pizza. I don't think Sarah is buying into any of the hype...she seems like a very serious person who is going to make what she believes is the right decision for her.

The other video in post #3 was where she mentioned she'd have to consider playing close to home or away from home. They are 2 different videos.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I assume they meant announce, but "make her decision next" was the exact phrase they used. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
She was on NBA Today with Cooper Flagg... from the Mac game. I hope it's not an omen!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Already posted

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Sarah just had a big block on Morgan Chelli. Hope that isn't an omen too.

Reaction Score
Strong played very well in the McDonald’s game, where she shared co-mvp honors with SC-commit Joyce Edwards. Very good shooter (and likes the 3), solid/willing passing and court vision, rebounded well and blocked at least one shot with ease. Positive energy on the court - big smiles for her teammates. Vocal presence and clear leader on the floor. Fits the UCONN style.

On a related note, Chelli and Zeibell suited up for the West, which was a bit outgunned inside. Zeibell hit a few nice shots but will need to improve her fitness level to keep up at the next level. Chelli played a solid all-around game - nothing flashy. She’s a Swiss-Army knife on the floor. Both play with total poise and control on the court - and both started. They might have had more opportunities save for the fact that their Ohio State-bound PG liked to go 1v5 seemingly every possession. Part of why the West fell out of contention early.

Reaction Score
Strong played very well in the McDonald’s game, where she shared co-mvp honors with SC-commit Joyce Edwards. Very good shooter (and likes the 3), solid/willing passing and court vision, rebounded well and blocked at least one shot with ease. Positive energy on the court - big smiles for her teammates. Vocal presence and clear leader on the floor. Fits the UCONN style.

On a related note, Chelli and Zeibell suited up for the West, which was a bit outgunned inside. Zeibell hit a few nice shots but will need to improve her fitness level to keep up at the next level. Chelli played a solid all-around game - nothing flashy. She’s a Swiss-Army knife on the floor. Both play with total poise and control on the court - and both started. They might have had more opportunities save for the fact that their Ohio State-bound PG liked to go 1v5 seemingly every possession. Part of why the West fell out of contention early.
I think UConn should have Allie Ziebell room with a certain with Ms. Shade next season............Ashlyn will have her up bright and early every morning to hit the gym.........;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom