Sanogo 16 and 9 Big game for the big guy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sanogo 16 and 9 Big game for the big guy

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Who's the last big we had who was as strong AND skilled as Sanogo? Nevermind that he's a FRESHMAN!

He's got great hands, a soft touch, ridiculously good footwork and the physicality/bulk to bang when he needs to.

Not to mention he can grab boards, defend, and add the occasional block.

Breakout game for the big guy. We'll be nearly impossible to beat if he and Whaley play at that level down the stretch.

Reaction Score
What a great game for the young man. Could we say a breakout game? 16 points no plays run for him. Guys will have more confidence dropping the ball into him. If and when he commands a double team we will become more dynamic on the offensive end. Could see Bouk and Jackson cutting to rim getting duck dimes from Sanogo or cleaning up the miss.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm blown away by his footwork on the defensive end. When he switches onto a guard, he almost never gets beaten off the dribble. That block he had in the 1st half was a tremendous play.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who's the last big we had who was as strong AND skilled as Sanogo? Nevermind that he's a FRESHMAN!

He's got great hands, a soft touch, ridiculously good footwork and the physicality/bulk to bang when he needs to.

Breakout game for the big guy. We'll be nearly impossible to beat if he and Whaley play at that level down the stretch.

There isn't really a good comparison as a frosh. Sanogo is miles ahead of any UConn big as a frosh in terms of footwork and physicality.

Reaction Score
1614825531633.gif

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Okafor?

Okafor was a much better defender, shot blocker and rebounder but was no where near where Sanogo is on offensive with footwork and touch. Sanogo is Special+ with his finishes near the hoop.

Reaction Score

Easy. Rakim Lubin.

But really, it's probably Jeff Adrien.

Reaction Score
The Sanogo 1 dribble drive from the high post was something he didn't even try in hs.

Could be a real weapon if we can throw him at the ft lines vs zones and have him be a threat to drive next year
I have all confidence he is going to be that guy. Next year his drop step post up will be unstoppable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would like to see him use glass in close, like Whaley.

Reaction Score
Sanogo and Clingan playing together would just be unfair.
For all the right reasons ... I will be surprised if Adama plays his JR year in college.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sanogo & Zay story of the game. Hall really overplayed our guards and the Bigs delivered 33/19 with 4 recorded blocks (seems way undercounted...at least 10+ seriously altered shots).
And add in 3 of the team's 8 assists, only 2 turnovers, a couple of steals, and 3 fouls between them (all Sanogo).

Who knows what happens going forward, but up until tonight, I would have guessed that a Boneyard Poll would have yielded "Starting/Playing Sanogo and Whaley Together" as the top vote-getter for Hurley's most disliked move and biggest unaddressed coaching error this season.

Then again, there was a fair amount of concern in advance about going up against so big a team, and serious worries if Josh wasn't going to be able to play.

Reaction Score

I will respectfully disagree on one thing. He has good but not "great" hands. A guy with great hands gets the ball and rarely fumbles or gets it tipped away and they rarely lose a rebound when they get their hands on the ball even in a crowd.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I will respectfully disagree on one thing. He has good but not "great" hands. A guy with great hands gets the ball and rarely fumbles or gets it tipped away and they rarely lose a rebound when they get their hands on the ball even in a crowd.

Agree to disagree.

For how much he handles the ball... on the perimeter and down low from entry passes... he's got very reliable hands.

Reaction Score
Thought this was AS/IW best game this year as a tandem.Played tough/smart D and worked hard on the boards. AS is starting to believe in himself at the right time.

A great team win and I actually thought the refs called a fair game.

one key to how impactful they were tonight was lack of foul trouble - they both got to play as many minutes as they could handle, I think it helped Adama a lot to just be on the floor for extended periods of time.

Reaction Score
Easy. Rakim Lubin.

But really, it's probably Jeff Adrien.
Thought different moves Shonn Miller was very effective inside player. Shonn used his speed and jumping ability to make his moves while Sanogo use quick post moves with strength.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have a modern NBA skill set or hops at his size... I suspect he's a 3 or 4 year player because of it
Honestly he has no shot at the NBA if he doesn't start shooting 3s

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

Alex Oriakhi? Sanogo is going to end up more skilled but Oriakhi was a beast.

Reaction Score
Sanogo will have to develop a jump shot out to at least 15 feet... preferably the 3 point line to make it as a center in the NBA. The days of the back to the basket post up center are long gone. You have to be a really special player like Andre Drummond to make it in today’s NBA without a jump shot... but the good news is that he has plenty of time to develop one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom