Saniya Chong with Solid Performance in WBCA Game | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong with Solid Performance in WBCA Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thanks for the box score. Very interesting.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Am I reading that right? 0 points for Russell on only 3 shots?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Players who impressed me:

Scaife
Harper
Coffey
Plum
Davis
Chong
Cooper
Jackson

None of the bigs had the ability to go up strong and score. A lot of interior shots were contested/blocked.

Saniya scored off a nice cut on an inbounds play and also hit a deep three. I think she made the best passes of anyone. She was the thinnest player out there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Players who impressed me:

Scaife
Harper
Coffey
Plum
Davis
Chong
Cooper
Jackson

None of the bigs had the ability to go up strong and score. A lot of interior shots were contested/blocked.

Saniya scored off a nice cut on an inbounds play and also hit a deep three. I think she made the best passes of anyone. She was the thinnest player out there.

What did you like about Cooper?

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Yep. Rebounder, shot blocker, but an not offensive force.
You can't tell that from a high school all American game. Post players usually don't get the ball much. That is why I was surprised in the McDonalds game that Mercedes got some good passes inside and finished.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Was Greenwell not planning on playing? Or was her sitting out due to her MCL issue from the McDonald's All-American game.

Without being able to see the game and only from this box score it looks like Jessica Jackson could be a big player at the next level. Has there been any word on where she is planning on going?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Without being able to see the game and only from this box score it looks like Jessica Jackson could be a big player at the next level. Has there been any word on where she is planning on going?
Jessica Jackson is going to Arkansas.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I bet Scaife will be our starting PG from game one next year. I love her game so much. I haven't been this excited about a recruit in a long time. :D

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Also saw on twitter that Scaife was named Black Team MVP, and Coffy was named Purple team MVP. :cool:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I bet Scaife will be our starting PG from game one next year. I love her game so much. I haven't been this excited about a recruit in a long time. :D
I'm excited to watch Scaife too. Hope she's able to bring Rutgers back into the conversation.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Thank you! I just read that on Twitter. That was her original commit but never signed right?
Actually, I don't know if she committed yet. A couple of sources indicated she was committed to Arkansas, but then I searched through a few recruiting twitter accounts and found nothing recent confirming she had recommitted to Arkansas. Do you have a link for your source?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Actually, I don't know if she committed yet. A couple of sources indicated she was committed to Arkansas, but then I searched through a few recruiting twitter accounts and found nothing recent confirming she had recommitted to Arkansas. Do you have a link for your source?

https://twitter.com/KeilMoorePSB/status/320678966170107904

I saw it here and from other sources as well..I found it surprising because she chose not to sign with them during the early signing period.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You can't tell that from a high school all American game. Post players usually don't get the ball much. That is why I was surprised in the McDonalds game that Mercedes got some good passes inside and finished.
I agree about not getting the ball and the style of play, but she was unable to convert from near point blank range. Actually none of the bigs could.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
I agree about not getting the ball and the style of play, but she was unable to convert from near point blank range. Actually none of the bigs could.
Well she only shot 3 times. I wasn't at the game so I don't have any idea what kind of shots those 3 were or why she didnt get more shots. At the McDonalds game she was 7-10 and not all the shots were layups.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well she only shot 3 times. I wasn't at the game so I don't have any idea what kind of shots those 3 were or why she didnt get more shots. At the McDonalds game she was 7-10 and not all the shots were layups.
I think the low number of attempts is a function of not getting the ball. In other cases, she did get the ball but passed it out for a possible better shot. I didn't see any good looks that she passed up. Those are all good, but I thought she should have converted on a couple of her shots from in close.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
I think the low number of attempts is a function of not getting the ball. In other cases, she did get the ball but passed it out for a possible better shot. I didn't see any good looks that she passed up. Those are all good, but I thought she should have converted on a couple of her shots from in close.
Thanks for the info. I wish this game was at least shown online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom