San Diego Union Tribune: "UConn still not a Blue Blood." | Page 3 | The Boneyard

San Diego Union Tribune: "UConn still not a Blue Blood."

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Who cares what that rag paper thinks?
AKA the "family cloth" (if you don't know what that is, Google it, or better yet, Urban Dictionary)

Reaction Score
This is great:

Just yesterday I was joking with a friend about being able to hear Kansas fans saying we're not a blue blood unless or until we can commit multiple level 1 violations and come away unscathed. Maybe that's the test.
The real Blue Bloods:

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I love that I know longer care about this argument. The results are almost preposterous these last 25- 30 years. A couple championships ago I might have felt defensive and gotten riled up. At this point I feel like anyone who raises the question is like one of those reporters from Croatia covering the Super Bowl and asking “why do you call it football when you don't use your feet?” It’s glaringly misinformed and out of touch with the sport and it’s history.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I love this quote from the article

"The Huskies are still hungry, still motivated, still growling, still shivering behind the velvet rope outside the club waiting to be let in."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love this quote from the article

"The Huskies are still hungry, still motivated, still growling, still shivering behind the velvet rope outside the club waiting to be let in."
Yeah, no shade there.

Reaction Score
Cool, let’s recycle that cliche debate. Feels like someone ran out of story idea on this one.
Most of this is recycled nonsense that appeared somewhere else a while ago. Almost word for word. Only thing new was the stuff about San Diego State.

Reaction Score
I read one article on FaceBook this morning which included Michigan State as a blue blood and did not include UConn. Dumbest statement yet. We all know that UConn belongs.

Reaction Score
San Diego State fans have earned the right to show jealousy and envy by attacking our blood.

You all will never know the extent of their UConn pain.

Reaction Score
Is UCLA a blue blood currently? An argument can be made either way.

Reaction Score
There is something to the fact that there are teams that everybody loves or hates. And they drive ratings even if they are ordinary. Duke, UNC, Kentucky Kansas will get the casual viewer in a way Florida, Clemson, and Iowa State won’t. It’s really that way in every sport. There is a reason that Notre Dame gets special treatment in football. They haven’t been national champions since the Reagan Administration. I think we are somewhere in the middle. When we are good we draw better than other good teams When we’re are average or below, even our own fans don’t watch.

Reaction Score
This is great:

Just yesterday I was joking with a friend about being able to hear Kansas fans saying we're not a blue blood unless or until we can commit multiple level 1 violations and come away unscathed. Maybe that's the test.
Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Is UCLA a blue blood currently? An argument can be made either way.
Currently, UCLA and Indiana are Blue-Beens. They'd have to reach the top again to re-join the other 4.

UConn is best positioned of any program for the term Blue-to-Be. Getting into the top 5 list for all-time weeks ranked #1, and strengthening its current Top 5 position in National Championships are the milestones that would make the Blue Blood designation undeniable.

It doesn't matter that other schools have their historic head start, and that times and conditions have changed. That said, posters in this thread who don't think the "Blue Blood" term matters aren't wrong.

Reaction Score
Currently, UCLA and Indiana are Blue-Beens. They'd have to reach the top again to re-join the other 4.

UConn is best positioned of any program for the term Blue-to-Be. Getting into the top 5 list for all-time weeks ranked #1, and strengthening its current Top 5 position in National Championships are the milestones that would make the Blue Blood designation undeniable.

It doesn't matter that other schools have their historic head start, and that times and conditions have changed. That said, posters in this thread who don't think the "Blue Blood" term matters aren't wrong.
Yeah, I mean UCLA was unbeatable for many years, they’re had the players, formula and Wooden but it’s harder now and Hurley and staff are very good.

Reaction Score
Honestly how many schools are as tortured by another school than san diego state and us... We have literally knocked them out of the championship, elite 8 and sweet 16 in like 3 of the 5 best seasons in program history
And by increasing margins. First game was close. Second game they had hope late before Hawkins put the final nail in the coffin. Tonight was a massacre and really could have been a 40-50-point loss if we didn't go cold.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean UCLA was unbeatable for many years, they’re had the players, formula and Wooden but it’s harder now and Hurley and staff are very good.
No criticism of you intended.

I still remember watching Houston with Elvin Hayes beat UCLA, and where I watched the rematch, as well as when Notre Dame and North Carolina State beat UCLA in 1974.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom