San Diego State Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

San Diego State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Illinois looks like a problem.
Agreed, this might be the most serious game we play from here on out. Dainja could challenge Samson, Castle will have to be incredible against Shannon, and Clingan will have his hands full with a few bigs that can stretch the court. It’s going to be a battle.

Reaction Score
Agreed, this might be the most serious game we play from here on out. Dainja could challenge Samson, Castle will have to be incredible against Shannon, and Clingan will have his hands full with a few bigs that can stretch the court. It’s going to be a battle.
agree. REALLY wanted ISU.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This was an excellent watching experience by n, that came after an anxious day.

I'm looking forward to WBB S16 tomorrow against Duke. And after that, Saturday night against Illinois. And no further.

Loved when Diarra got it in the corner, calmly bounces the ball, and hits a 3
Looked down to check his feet too.

Very strange to see Karaban go from sizzlin' to drizzlin' on the shooting.

Setting up the team for offensive rebounds?

Finished with 8 pts & 7 boards, in addition to 3 steals and no turnovers or fouls.

He's just matter-of-fact happy about a 30-point win.

This team is just beautiful to watch.
It really is.

And who else has seen more of it than we have?

I thought so too at first, but on the last replay, it looked like he somehow kept his head from hitting the floor. He must have very strong neck muscles! I was surprised the refs didn’t review it.
I thought his head hit & bounced.

He got hit hard on the chin before he went down. Neither of his two made free throws had that really great swish sound.

As bad as it looked at times, we shot 46% tonight. Almost 39% from 3. Impressive.
Forced the ball inside too much and rushed too many first half shots, both without seeming to need to, but got the 9 point margin due to Cam.

Then, in the second half, won three 4-minute segments, and then blew the game by building points off of strong defense, very much like last year's Tournament play pattern.

That has to terrify people.
Except for opponents and their fans, "people" could just watch & enjoy like we do.

Now I can go to sleep.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Somehow I ended up in three different text message conversations during the game last night (it was a bit irritating but I didn't want to create any negative mojo).

I sent the below message to all three aat halftime "It's kind of nice when you spend most of the first half complaining that we aren't playing up to our standards, yet go into halftime up nine".

We have this game behind us, on to Illinois. One game at a time my firends, one game at a time.

Reaction Score

We've got to get a message to Coach to use painters' booties in hotel rooms. My husband doesn't like to wear shoes in hotel rooms and I try to tell him that those carpets aren't very clean, so I pack painters' booties to slip over his socks. I call that a win/win. That's why we just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We've got to get a message to Coach to use painters' booties in hotel rooms. My husband doesn't like to wear shoes in hotel rooms and I try to tell him that those carpets aren't very clean, so I pack painters' booties to slip over his socks. I call that a win/win. That's why we just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary.
Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm not sure that I want the badass head coach of our men's basketball team wearing anything that can be called booties.

Reaction Score
He was scared to attack Clingan, the entire game plan should be getting him in foul trouble, and ledee decided tough pull ups were a better option.
I noticed after Ledee got his first foul, he was super passive trying to avoid picking up his 2nd. At least once, Newton took it into the lane and Ledee was 100% just trying to prevent the lob to Clingan and didn't even try to defend Newton's layup even though he was close enough to try. A
Then there was another time Newton (or Castle) drove it in and Ledee played the matador defense.

Reaction Score
That was a great defensive performance! I keep seeing the sports media folks talking about UConn's offense but not as much about how they dominate on defense in these games. Stop after stop after stop leading to baskets on the other end and next thing you know they are up by 20.

Reaction Score
Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm not sure that I want the badass head coach of our men's basketball team wearing anything that can be called booties.
No problem. You know what I'm talking about right? These things:

Reaction Score
Our badarse head coach wears little kid underwear.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bright enough, Fat Hippy.

Not bright enough to understand a 25 year old boneyard meme apparently.

You come across as doleful putz who hates his life, and because of that cannot stand seeing others having fun. Chin up. cupcake. it might get better for you if you click your heels 3 times.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not bright enough to understand a 25 year old boneyard meme apparently.

You come across as doleful incel who hates his life, and because of that cannot stand seeing others having fun. Chin up. cupcake. it might get better for you if you click your heels 3 times.
I get the Shut up Dove meme, trust me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I get the Shut up Dove meme, trust me.
John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr