San Diego State Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

San Diego State Post Game Thread

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not too much to add to what has already been said.

This team is like a Sherman tank on steroids running wild.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Went to number one in offense and number 6 in defense on kenpom

View attachment 98404
Ellie Kemper Nerd GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
And Wooden's UCLA did it in an era where the regions in the Tournament actually corresponded to your geographic region, and the other teams in the West were trash.
And the field wasnt 64. No cinderellas back then.

Reaction Score
I still feel like we have to keep our defense tight so we don't allow a sdsu comeback. We really need a bucket on the next possession.

Reaction Score
Imagine if Lebron went to college for a year. Or watch Stephon.

Not that level, but how about Isiah, Stockton, Lebron, Larry, Bill Walton playing together in college.

I really like the Big East but I'll also add, I will never feel bad for the conference if UConn leaves. Imagine, Tristen freaking Newton didn't win POY. So bush league.

Reaction Score
He's 19 years old and ripping the ball from grown men 20-30lbs heavier than him with ease.
He was a 5 star McDonald's ball American coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
Really hoping we play Iowa State. They're basically SDSU on steroids which is a better matchup for us than facing a team that can absolutely fill it up like Illinois.
I’m here at the game and Illinois moves the ball really well and Shannon is a hand full. ISU doesn’t have the fire power to beat the Huskies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Mick Cronin called AD “the best college freshman in 40 years” or something like that. Crazy praise.

And Clingan changes games as much as he did
It’s really hard to win a game if you literally cannot get a layup at the rim. That’s what DC does. Eventually the shots are going to stop falling.

Ledee had to play out of his mind in the first half hitting mid range and 3 point shots just for them to be in the game. He only took 4 FTA today. And that’s one of the best players in the country.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Next game will be a challenge. Little turnaround to prepare.

Advantage: challenger. Not much to prepare for with UConn. Just bring your A+ game.
Also advantage to the team that won first by 30 while the next two teams punched each other out.

Reaction Score
I’m here at the game and Illinois moves the ball really well and Shannon is a hand full. ISU doesn’t have the fire power to beat the Huskies.
Yep. Illinois will be tough. Iowa St doesn't have the offense to score enough against us. Looks like Illinois though. Will be our first real test of tourney.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s really hard to win a game if you literally cannot get a layup at the rim. That’s what DC does. Eventually the stops are going to stop falling.

Ledee had to play out of his mind in the first half hitting mid range and 3 point shots just for them to be in the game. He only took 4 FTA today. And that’s one of the best players in the country.
He was scared to attack Clingan, the entire game plan should be getting him in foul trouble, and ledee decided tough pull ups were a better option.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He was scared to attack Clingan, the entire game plan should be getting him in foul trouble, and ledee decided tough pull ups were a better option.
The thing is, if DC just stands still with his hands up he’s still hard to finish over.

Guys can try to drive into him but it’s on DC if they are actually going to draw the foul or not. And that’s all they would be hoping for. Otherwise it’s a kamikaze drive.

Reaction Score
I'm showing my age here, and I know the game has evolved somewhat, but Stephon Castle's game reminds me of Sidney Moncrief.
Not a bad comparison, right down to the outside jump shot being the least developed part of their games.

Reaction Score
Not a bad comparison, right down to the outside jump shot being the least developed part of their games.
My emergency backup comp is Dumars.

I'm hesitant to give him Gary Payton praise, cuz he's more a 2 than a 1 (to me anyway, but with all the ball transition, who freakin knows?) until we see what becomes of him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom