San Diego St. Matchup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

San Diego St. Matchup

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UConn is Goliath and SDSU is David. It’s CLOBBERING TIME!!!!!
Doom---34.jpg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Here's the thing - NOBODY can match up with Sanogo and Clingan. I think we have the better player at every position, but what really seals the deal for this team is that absolutely no team can match those two guys

Go away

Reaction Score
Here's the thing - NOBODY can match up with Sanogo and Clingan. I think we have the better player at every position, but what really seals the deal for this team is that absolutely no team can match those two guys
Your take in the thread about CNY/CT weather was so mind-numbingly stupid, you should really take a break from the forum for a bit

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
How was the San Diego crowd earlier? Kind of worried they are close enough to travel well.

My brother and I discussed this and Googled right after the game. I think SD is 1471 miles to Houston and Hartford is 1520 or so.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched SDSU in this tourney. Make no mistake, their starting 5 are five grown-ass men… but, they’re NOT a great shooting team. If we play the same type of perimeter D we did vs Arkansas, - shut off the driving lanes - I think we’ll hold them to 55-60 points.

Reaction Score
They are a top offensive rebounding team and tough defense. They are very big. But their center can’t shoot and FAU played way off him and jammed the paint.

Reaction Score
FAU would have been the much easier matchup. San Diego State has one of the best defenses in the country and shut down Alabama"s explosive offense. We were literally a second away from a walk in the park Final. This Final should be a tossup.

Reaction Score
FAU would have been the much easier matchup. San Diego State has one of the best defenses in the country and shut down Alabama"s explosive offense. We were literally a second away from a walk in the park Final. This Final should be a tossup.
What about the fact that sdsu barely beat a bunch of “walkovers”? Not that I agree with your assessment of FAU in the first place

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I disagree. FAU looked like the more talented team that played team ball and passed well. Unfortunately for FAU, they couldn’t rebound. We won’t have that problem. We are going to wipe the floor with SDSU. Jackson will suffocate Bradley and SDSU won’t get to 50 points.

caw

Reaction Score
I think we had 13 and they had 12. Overall we owned the boards 40-29.

They had 14, but I think they got at least two with UConn's end of bench in, in the last minute.

Reaction Score
Your take in the thread about CNY/CT weather was so mind-numbingly stupid, you should really take a break from the forum for a bit
Seriously ? GFY

PS - Anyone who thinks there is a college athlete on the Earth who would make a decision on which school to go to based on teh weather AND they'd think CNY and CT is actually different to teh point it would swing it from one to the other is unimaginably stupid.

Reaction Score
I live in San Diego and the Aztecs are my second favorite team (what are the odds that both would be in the championship game?) UConn is way better than SDSU in most aspects. They are not a good shooting team, are prone to long scoring droughts. Their defense is very good. They are MEN. Very old and very strong. Still, we should be too big, too skilled, and too better at shooting. We should be heavily favored. But as I said in a post about Iowa / South Carolina, that's why they play the game. If they shoot hot, and we are cold, and we turn the ball over (not unusual), we could be in trouble. We should win, but you never know.... fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see what the nerds say, but SDSU will be the best defense we've played in the tournament after back-to-back teams with great offenses but only okay defenses. Will be a stylistic change, closer to St. Mary's than Gonazaga.

caw

Reaction Score
They are a top offensive rebounding team and tough defense. They are very big. But their center can’t shoot and FAU played way off him and jammed the paint.

SDSU? They are not a top offensive rebounding team. They are good, but not that good.

They get about 32% of offensive boards, UConn is near 39%.

Both teams are at about 74% on the defensive glass.

Reaction Score
They had 14 and we had 13 and sdsu is much bigger and better in the boards than Miami.
I was going off Yahoo sports box score. Still, a 1 RB margin isn’t the end of the world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom