San Antonio vs new york | The Boneyard

San Antonio vs new york

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have only watched the 3rd and 4th quarter but why isn't Kiah Stokes playin? I can tell she got a few minutes but??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have only watched the 3rd and 4th quarter but why isn't Kiah Stokes playin? I can tell she got a few minutes but??
AZB is cutting into her minutes.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
She did play in the first half. Looked OK, so far as I could tell.

San Antonio is losing a lot of games, and one reason is their screwy offense that puts Appel at the top of the key, where she passes slowly, drives slowly, or declines an unguarded shot repeatedly. When she was at Stanford, she was one of my favorite players, as she could "do it all." The player I saw tonight only slightly resembled the collegiate, even though Jayne had a season high scoring tonight. The Stars perhaps think that a half-court game gives them the best chance, and maybe it does. But it was sad to watch MoJett blazing upcourt with the ball, throw it to the high post, and watch it all come apart after that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She did play in the first half. Looked OK, so far as I could tell.

San Antonio is losing a lot of games, and one reason is their screwy offense that puts Appel at the top of the key, where she passes slowly, drives slowly, or declines an unguarded shot repeatedly. When she was at Stanford, she was one of my favorite players, as she could "do it all." The player I saw tonight only slightly resembled the collegiate, even though Jayne had a season high scoring tonight. The Stars perhaps think that a half-court game gives them the best chance, and maybe it does. But it was sad to watch MoJett blazing upcourt with the ball, throw it to the high post, and watch it all come apart after that.
Jayne has added about 50 pounds since playing at Stanford. Her husband must be a good cook.

The San Antonio offense, especially without KMac, is really weak, though Ndour (a silver medalist) scored pretty well tonight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The second quarter in Seattle is UGLY. Seattle can't shoot, and both teams are throwing the ball away. The Storm have 4 points in 8 minutes. L.A. has only 12. Stewie just missed a wide-open chippie.

Candace just put up consecutive airballs, one from the corner and one on a turnaround. She's not the only one missing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sue has thrown the ball away three times, and Stewie has missed all 5 shots. She does have 8 boards. Candace has 3 on 1-7 shooting. Tolliver has 3 points on 1-6 shooting.

Shooting percentages: 38% for Seattle and 37% for L.A. FT shooting: 33% for Seattle and 20% for L.A.

The story in most games tonight is ... R-U-S-T!

Reaction Score
stokes picked up 2 quick fouls in the first half (1 bad call).
she came in very early second half for swords, there was a play under the hoop and she came away limping.

Reaction Score
What's up with Kia not playing? She had 3 points and 3 rebounds in less than 6 minutes. And only two fouls, both of which were pretty tacky. AZB only scored 6 points in over 20 minutes. So what's up?

Reaction Score
Jayne has added about 50 pounds since playing at Stanford. Her husband must be a good cook.

The San Antonio offense, especially without KMac, is really weak, though Ndour (a silver medalist) scored pretty well tonight.

Appel is shockingly overweight to the point of being obese. I realize she scored 17 points. But she is barely mobile. I realize she has bad knees. But that's all the more reason to keep one's weight down, and the stress off the knees.

Appel was a major force in WCBB up to her junior year. She beat up UConn in the Final Four. Then she hurt a knee, and was less of a factor. But how do you let yourself get so out of shape if you're a professional athlete? This isn't about body image. It's about doing your job to keep in top physical conditioning, both for your team, and for your profession. It doesn't reflect well on the WNBA to have Appel and Schimmel out there looking as though they're just playing pick-up games on weekends.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
San Antonio is just a bad team. It is really hard to watch them even though I love seeing Moriah play. With McBride down they just don't have the talent to really compete.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
What's up with Kia not playing? She had 3 points and 3 rebounds in less than 6 minutes. And only two fouls, both of which were pretty tacky. AZB only scored 6 points in over 20 minutes. So what's up?
you missed the comment just above yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom