Samuelson Sisters Points Stats. | The Boneyard

Samuelson Sisters Points Stats.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Bonnie Career 162, 189, 255, 346 Total 952
Karlie Career 163, 185, 244, 230 (more Games to play) Total 922
Katie Lou Career 408, 363 (More Games to Play Total 771

Wondering is Katie Lou that much better then her sisters? Is it what Tara and her system needs/requires versus what Geno's system and demands that has enabled Katie Lou to accomplish more in two years (projecting to end of year) then her sisters.

Reaction Score

Wondering is Katie Lou that much better then her sisters? Is it what Tara and her system needs/requires versus what Geno's system and demands that has enabled Katie Lou to accomplish more in two years (projecting to end of year) then her sisters.
Neither Bonnie nor Karlie was the #1 recruit in the nation coming out of HS.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I'm sure our buddy OCHoops can comment, but I'm pretty sure Katie Lou was regarded as the clear best of the 3 in HS.
I knew Lou would be better than both sisters when I watched her before she was in HS(and she wasnt 6'3" at that time). All three could hit 3 pointers and all 3 hit FT's at over 90%. Karlie could slash to the hoop and score, Bonnie not so much, unless it was a clear breakaway. Lou just had moves that with the ball that just told me she was way more than a 3 point shooter. She loved, loves, Larry Bird, and he was much more than a shooter.

Despite of Lou being the best, I still adore all 3 sisters and their parents as great folks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou will tally more WCBB points than Bonnie and Karlie combined. I think she will pass the great Tina Charles and may chase Stewie's totals.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Plum will end up breaking Jackie Stiles record as UW is making sure the gets the minutes and scoring opportunities. She's averaging 37 minutes a game with Washington averaging 25+ points more per game. That includes their two losses. While Geno wouldn't do it, many other coaches would to get the publicity and record for their program. She played 36 minutes today in a 43 point blowout and that's with 12 players playing.

I think unless something drastic changes, Plum is the runaway NPOY. But KLS is a lock for 1st team AA at this time. And I'd put Napheesa on the 2nd team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think unless something drastic changes, Plum is the runaway NPOY. But KLS is a lock for 1st team AA at this time. And I'd put Napheesa on the 2nd team.
Agreed. I'd put Pheesa on a 1-player team.

Plum likely will be the NPOY--unless she has a slump and Lou scores 30 ppg the rest of the way.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dear Mr and Mrs Samuelson,

Send us more daughters...

Love, Geno
You stole my line. I posted during last years NCAA's when Holly Rowe was interviewing Mr. Samuelson in the stands that I didn't know why he was just hanging around, and that could he please go home and make more daughters.

Reaction Score

Kara--may not have dictated that both Karlie and Bonnie lurk around the perimeter and take 3's but for their first two years both did mostly that.
Bonnie in her jr and Sr year did more attacking. If I'm not sadly mistaken Karlie started attacking in her later part of her soph year and became more of a Basketball player. But in my Less Than Humble Opinion LTHO Katie Lou is the basketball player they never were and Daddy wanted!! Lots of room in this posting to be absolutely wrong--but it is MY opinion!! Don't bother to correct me---I'll always see Katie Lou this way--my brain won't let any other view in it.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou's mom wanted her to be a model and not a ball player. (I just made that up)

Reaction Score
The growth in Lou's play from last year to this year is remarkable. With two more years under Geno's guidance Lou can be one of the greats in Uconn WBB history.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure Lous mom and dad are done having kids, and i am not going to ask them to change their mind.
Bonnie played one year with Nneka and 3 years with Chiney. She also played with Ruef and Tinkle so there was no way she would be any where near the paint.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou's mom wanted her to be a model and not a ball player. (I just made that up)

I'm sure that path is open for her if she decides she doesn't like Basketball. But what are the chances? Maybe after her pro career is over. Top models have quite a bit of longevity.

Reaction Score
Plum will end up breaking Jackie Stiles record as UW is making sure the gets the minutes and scoring opportunities. She's averaging 37 minutes a game withWashington averaging 25+ points more per game. That includes their two losses.While Geno wouldn't do it, many other coaches would to get the publicity and record for their program. She played 36 minutes today in a 43 point blowout and that's with 12 players playing.

Geno wouldn't do it. No, just conspire with opposing coach to let a player on crutches score two points for the individual points record at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Bonnie played with the Oqumike sisters 1 of them for 3 years, and Karlie is playing with Erica McCall who Tara is running most of her sets for.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Plum will end up breaking Jackie Stiles record as UW is making sure the gets the minutes and scoring opportunities. She's averaging 37 minutes a game with Washington averaging 25+ points more per game. That includes their two losses. While Geno wouldn't do it, many other coaches would to get the publicity and record for their program. She played 36 minutes today in a 43 point blowout and that's with 12 players playing.
You say that as if there's something wrong with it. UW isn't going to win the Natty, they probably won't even win the PAC 12, so why not get some pub for your program by having one of your players break a record some thought couldn't be touched. I'm sure Kevin McGuff is going to turn KMitch loose to go get it, she's the only other player with a realistic shot at it....

Reaction Score
Agreed. I'd put Pheesa on a 1-player team.

Plum likely will be the NPOY--unless she has a slump and Lou scores 30 ppg the rest of the way.
If the title was---National Scorer of the Year--Plum will get it.
But as National PLAYER of the Year--inferring that they are looking at Basketball players--who can defend, lead and score--then it must be Katie Lou.

Reaction Score
Plum will end up breaking Jackie Stiles record as UW is making sure the gets the minutes and scoring opportunities. She's averaging 37 minutes a game withWashington averaging 25+ points more per game. That includes their two losses.While Geno wouldn't do it, many other coaches would to get the publicity and record for their program. She played 36 minutes today in a 43 point blowout and that's with 12 players playing.

Geno wouldn't do it. No, just conspire with opposing coach to let a player on crutches score two points for the individual points record at UCONN.

I have a problem with the word "conspire". It makes it sound like it was done in the dark of night. It was done in the full light of day with the permission of the player who held the record, the opposing team, and the Big East. That's not a "conspiracy"!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom