Samuel | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Blaming Samuel's jumper on coaching is idiotic. If you want to improve your jumper, you spend your life in the gym and get better. He clearly isn't spending time in the gym on anything.

Reaction Score
Brimah had the big play against St Joe's and T Sam had some good minutes in the tourney, but we're seeing the reality of their actual talent.

But he's not the issue, the issue is the 4-5s. 3 of them are terrible and 1 (Lubin) we have no idea on yet, but how often do guys ranked > 250 become factors? Name 1 in the last 20 years @ UConn.

Do you have any idea what a happy medium is? The two options aren't "constantly bashing" and "incessantly praising". Sheesh.

Reaction Score
We didn't have a scholarship for Dunn. We didn't lose him to PC. I'd love to have him now, but we didn't have room then.

Yes, we did lose Dunn. We did have a scholarship available to him, and offered him one:

"GUARD KRIS DUNN CHOOSES PROVIDENCE OVER UCONN

August 24, 2011|By DOM AMORE, damore@courant.com, The Hartford Courant

Guard Kris Dunn, who led New London High to a state championship last season, has given Providence College an oral commitment for 2012.

"Providence is a special place for me," Dunn said told ESPN. "I have a great connection with the coaches but most importantly with [new head coach Ed Cooley]. He made my family and I feel at home and like we were wanted."

Dunn, who averaged 26 points for the No.1 ranked Whalers last season, had announced his intention to attend Wilbraham-Monson prep school in Massachusetts next year. But he changed his mind and said he will instead return to New London High for his senior season.

Meanwhile, playing on the Connecticut Basketball Club's travel team this summer, Dunn's stock rose dramatically and he was considered one of the top point guard prospects in the country. He was mentioned in connection with UConn, Louisville and Kentucky among other top programs. Reports were that his final two teams were Providence and UConn"

Please STOP making stuff up or rewriting history to fit into your narrative... why do guys like you feel compelled to do this? Coach Calhoun came in 2nd on this particular recruitment. Deal with it! Don't make stuff up...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, we did lose Dunn. We did have a scholarship available to him, and offered him one:

"GUARD KRIS DUNN CHOOSES PROVIDENCE OVER UCONN

August 24, 2011|By DOM AMORE, damore@courant.com, The Hartford Courant

Guard Kris Dunn, who led New London High to a state championship last season, has given Providence College an oral commitment for 2012.

"Providence is a special place for me," Dunn said told ESPN. "I have a great connection with the coaches but most importantly with [new head coach Ed Cooley]. He made my family and I feel at home and like we were wanted."

Dunn, who averaged 26 points for the No.1 ranked Whalers last season, had announced his intention to attend Wilbraham-Monson prep school in Massachusetts next year. But he changed his mind and said he will instead return to New London High for his senior season.

Meanwhile, playing on the Connecticut Basketball Club's travel team this summer, Dunn's stock rose dramatically and he was considered one of the top point guard prospects in the country. He was mentioned in connection with UConn, Louisville and Kentucky among other top programs. Reports were that his final two teams were Providence and UConn"

Please STOP making stuff up or rewriting history to fit into your narrative... why do guys like you feel compelled to do this? Coach Calhoun came in 2nd on this particular recruitment. Deal with it! Don't make stuff up...

Do you have a reason to be here? He didn't come in 2nd he chose to have someone else as his #1 choice. Deal with that!

Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread, but can we pause and take a second to talk about TS shooting 3 pointers...this kid has NEVER hit a college 3!! Can someone explain to me why he takes them/why Ollie or an assistant doesn't rip him apart when doing so? He is 0/16 this year from behind the arc. I know that isn't a ton of looks but every shot matters, especially in close games. Give me a Boat contested shot from basically anywhere within 30 feet over a TS 3 pointer. It needs to stop.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread, but can we pause and take a second to talk about TS shooting 3 pointers...this kid has NEVER hit a college 3!! Can someone explain to me why he takes them/why Ollie or an assistant doesn't rip him apart when doing so? He is 0/16 this year from behind the arc. I know that isn't a ton of looks but every shot matters, especially in close games. Give me a Boat contested shot from basically anywhere within 30 feet over a TS 3 pointer. It needs to stop.
LOL! Exactly that always boggles my mind when he does it. Normally he has no one within 10 feet of him also which begs the question of why not dribble in a little and try to make a manageable 2 pointer. TSAM is a slashing 2 guard who can't shoot. He is fine for a bench player to come in and give decent defense and slash to the basket when it is available but nothing else. He was used perfectly in that position last year. Unfortunately he is being asked to be a point guard and create offense for other people and that isn't his game. I also wonder what he worked on in the off season as his dribbling and shooting are just as bad as they were last year.

Reaction Score
kids shoot those half court contest shots at half time with better accuracy than a TS 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom